Author Topic: Building an Apartment combined with a community lot?  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
Building an Apartment combined with a community lot?
« on: December 18, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to build a consignment store, and the shell I have so far has the ground floor being the consignment store, and the first floor empty. I was wondering if there was any way I could designate the first floor as an apartment while keeping the ground floor as a consignment store?

Offline Andy_555224

• Llama Wrangler
  • Just another group of pixels on screen.
Re: Building an Apartment combined with a community lot?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
Is it a playable apartment you want?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:22:11 PM »
Playable as in able to have families in there, and be able to play the families that are in there.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 07:20:03 AM »
Had a little experiment with this - if I built it as a community lot and put apartment things in, it couldn't have people live in the upstairs rooms. If I built it as a residential lot, a lot of the downstairs stuff vanished (mostly the pretty tat that I put on display in the consignment store).

I've in the end decided to change my idea and go for a bookstore / consignment store combined, but would still be curious to see if anyone managed to get a community lot like the consignment store working on the same lot as a residential area.

anything