Author Topic: Threads of Fate - A Philomel Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please)  (Read 4372 times)

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Threads of Fate - A Philomel Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please)
« on: December 18, 2012, 11:22:37 PM »
Threads of Fate – A Philomel Immortal Dynasty

Prologue – Lost in the Labyrinth

There were these weird stories from the fishermen off Delmar – a story about a mermaid near shore.

They'd come in, raving about the sight of this raven haired beauty with an odd marking on her shoulder. They'd tried to entice her, but she would ignore them and swim away. Not that I blame them.

But then there were other stories about a barefoot nymph walking around Starlight Shores.

A fireman spotted her entering the fire station.

A boy saw her skating at the local summer festival.

And someone saw her digging through trash...not sure why though.

Many people told me a lot of things about this oddball girl, but as the majority of the people who come to Mick's are a bit loony, I wouldn't believe it unless I saw this girl with my own eyes. And even if I did see her, this place is known for crazy celebrity wannabes – she probably was just trying to get attention.

One night, though, she did come.

When you run a karaoke bar, you hear a lot of singers, few good, many absolutely horrible. But this girl...she was something else. I had to know who she was.

Her name is something else too. Ariadne Philomel. Who names their kid that? I asked her if it was a stage name, but she didn't understand. In fact...she didn't understand a lot of things, as she's apparently forgotten everything besides her own name, and her 'duty' to search for 'the food of the gods'. But she doesn't even know how to do that, exactly. I'm thinking she's insane.

But, Watcher is she beautiful. I'm thinking of leaving my job as a proprietor of this place and help her reach her goal of this supposed 'god-food': but first, she probably's gonna need a job to get some nice shoes. Or clothes. I'm not sure how she survived in the first place.

I do believe, however, in her success, no matter the hardship she'll face in this place. People might think I'm crazy (and so do I, really), but she'll need all the help she can get.

Good luck to me,
Carl McMurphy

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: Threads of Fate - A Philomel Immortal Dynasty (Immortals)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:25:28 PM »
Philomel Immortals

The First Immortal
Name: Ariadne Philomel
Traits: Natural Born Performer, Artistic, Virtuoso, Natural Cook, Loves the Cold
LTW: Vocal Legend
Career: Singer
Max Skill: Cooking
Challenges:
Building:
Property:
3 Unique LTR:
6 Best Friends:
6 Opportunities
Portraits:

The Second Immortal

Name:
LTW:
Career: Artist
Max Skill: Painting or Sculpting
Challenges:
Building:
Property:
3 Unique LTR:
6 Best Friends:
6 Opportunities
Portraits:

Louise56

Re: Threads of Fate - A Philomel Immortal Dynasty (Prologue)
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »
Great start, I like it a lot. I wish we really had mermaids in the game lol.
I can't wait for more. Good luck. :)

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 05:39:38 AM »
Wow, I love the voice you give Carl. Are you going to have it so that he's the narrator (for as long as possible, at least)? Because that would be a nice change of pace from the usual first-person perspective of the Immortals. :)
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 08:04:22 PM »
Gwendy: I was thinking of switching it between Carl and Ariadne's other live-ins, who you'll see soon enough. But it's also nice to see a homeless townie get some love for once (and he also has good traits, which is such a plus), so he'll probably be the main narrator. I think my love of homeless townies sort of started with Cho (from the Valmont's).

Louise: Seasons is an absolute tease with those mermaid outfits.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: Threads of Fate - A Philomel Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 1)
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 10:06:22 PM »
Chapter 1 – Euterpe

My name's Craig. Craig Elson. I'm write for the Starlight Shores Times, Outdoors Living column. And this is a scary lady who says that she's got a Sing-A-Gram for my wife, Emily.  Em, unfortunately, doesn't come back until late with her job at the lab.

Okay, that singer's not that scary, really. In fact, she passed out waiting for Emily...guess she had a long day.

Thankfully Emily came and she could go and finish her job already. Sheesh, I felt her hawk eyes when she saw me, alone, with this younger girl. I only have eyes for you honey!

I thought finally this singer would go home already, but then they had to talk. Artsy types. Once they meet each other, it's almost like love at first sight!

Em even let the girl stay. I'll just be in the kitchen, making tomorrow's lunch.

She left afterward. But the singer came back soon enough, around when Emily came back from work. She must've told her.

And that's when it happened:

“Craig, you've got to hear this! Euterpe wants us to live with her!”
“She wants to what?”

Euterpe – that singer's name, apparently – had to leave (work, again). Em and I had to talk for a while. I thought she was nuts. But she explained a little more about her.

“Euterpe is just a stage name, Craig. Her real name's Ariadne. She's the Barefoot Nymph the Times wrote about, but apparently Carl from Mick's helped her get on her feet and stuff, so she looks more civilized and stuff. And more importantly, Craig, she's an amnesiac. A real, bonafide, amnesiac. You know I wrote my master's thesis on amnesia, but I could never get proper access to a primary source!”

“I get it, hon. You want to live with her because you want to monitor her condition. You're my little genius, but even this is too mu--”

“She needs help to make this 'food of the gods', which requires lots and lots of skills, like cooking, and garden--”

“Honey, we have to start a family soon, we don't have time to help someone el--”

“She apparently lives near Buckshot Lake too--”

“Deal.”

What? The main reason why I came to Starlight Shores (besides the fame, glamour, etc) was because Buckshot Lake is probably one of the most famous fishing places in Simifornia! And the ocean's not so far either. I wanted a house in this area originally, but it was expensive (and far from our work). But with the three of us...

We'll manage, I think.
=====
The next time I saw Ariadne – or Euterpe, now, I guess –

I might've dropped my jaw a couple of times.

“How do you like this, Carl? I met a girl named Emily yesterday, and she told me that I could get this 'makeover' from a 'salon'.”
“Uh...um...it's nice, Ari. Very...nice.”

She couldn't stay long, though. She does have to work, and so do I.

We became friendly enough to where she was comfortable asking me to move in. But I was skeptical. Move in to what, exactly? Wasn't she just roaming around?

Soon enough, though, I found out where exactly she lived – in that huge empty plot at the edge of the city. Except it was actually furnished – due to her other live-ins, the Elsons. Unfortunately, Ari and I have to resort to sleeping beds so that the Elsons can sleep together.

But she also bought a sculpting station and two easels. I've always wanted to sculpt! Emily is also an artistic type, but she's quite smart – a little too smart, if you ask me. That's fine. She's Craig's wife after all. And they're not afraid of showing off their love.

My eyes are reserved for my muse, anyway.

Though it's pretty fun and games now, we don't anything about that 'food of the gods'. But with Ari busy and the four of us having full time jobs (including me, working at the military base), do we really have time to find out? Well, good luck to us, I guess. We're gonna need it.

Signing off,
Craig,
Em,
and Carl.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 11:24:31 PM »
What a wonderful start! Really captured my attention!
Keep going and all the best!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »
I still can't get over how well you write. The characters bounce off each other well, and it has really good pacing. Looking forward to the next update!

------------

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »
Ah, LOVE the Elsons.  They are my family of choice if I'm dabbling in Starlight Shores.  Ari is a knockout.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 01:41:15 AM »
Wow I've gotten so much nice feedback...however...it did just occurred to me that the silly me gave Ariadne (and Carl, but you didn't see that) makeovers, which is two strikes on my part. So I'll be restarting this again soon. I didn't really notice until I wondered what Carl was suddenly five days younger than everyone else, when he was young one...haha! Don't worry.

Tilla: Em comes with 4 painting points. That is a straight up gift from the Watcher beyond Watchers.
Gwendy and ve1ocity: Thanks! I'm sorry I have to be extremely dumb and ruin both my Decadynasty and ID first generation, but I'm happy you've enjoyed what I had so far.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 02:13:32 AM »
Aw, no, that's such a shame.  :'( On the bright side, you're very talented, and I'm sure your next attempt will be amazing.

------------

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 09:08:17 AM »

Tilla: Em comes with 4 painting points. That is a straight up gift from the Watcher beyond Watchers.

Oh noes!  Well, best of luck with the re-vamp.  Grab the Elsons again and have your heir supermax handiness, because they sure do break everything.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 04:10:07 PM »
Can't wait to read the re-try!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: Threads of Fate - A Philomel Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 2)
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 04:31:33 AM »
Chapter 2 – Weaving a Web

I don't often greet company at my house. It's usually a paparazzi wanting an interview about Jimmy or some fan wanting an autograph. If they want to see me, they can watch my performances, or come to my art exhibits.

However, I wasn't sure if I was totally prepared for her.

Ariadne Philomel. It's a really classic name, almost on the verge of a Stage Name, and yet she insists that it's her real name. She also insists on finding the food of the gods. Now, I don't know much about mythology, but with her name, I've heard of this food called Ambrosia. It's said that it can grant immortality to the ones who eat it. What's more, it can raise the dead back to life...apparently. I'm not sure how that one works. If I did, well, Jimmy wouldn't be stuck in a jar, now would he?

Even though I'm not sure if she can find this mystery food, I like her. She's honest, a bit naïve, but rather sweet. In Starlight Shores, it's hard to find anyone kind without some ulterior motive. So I offered to let her stay at my place, as she's a newcomer to this town – but she led me to this little shack up in the hills, insisting that is where we were supposed to stay.

Who told her that? She doesn't know. But she felt that it was important that it was in this particular place, so I sold my beachside house and ran with it. Besides, she had a sculpting station. Heaven knows that I'd been wanting to learn, but I'd been busy with Jimmy before the accident.

Ariadne often left me alone there, which is fine – I enjoy solitude. But soon enough the little house was starting to fill up. First up, there was that Carl guy. I remembered him as that guy who used to run Port-A-Party, but he switched to his dream job in the military. He's nice enough, artistic like Ari and me, and very obviously has a thing for the little nymph.

And then there's the Elsons. Emily, who is a talented young painter – and quite smart for someone her age...

...and her husband Craig, who's a bit of an outdoorsy type. He often doesn't cook – we usually leave that to Ariadne, who's a natural. But Ariadne's gotten quite popular recently and can't cook as often as she likes, so sometimes Craig takes over.

It's a busy household. I've decided to become a serious sculptor, as my body probably won't be able to do the tricks it used to do as an acrobat as I grow older, while Emily quit her job at the lab to paint. Craig took her job in her place. Surprisingly she took it well. I think it might be because she has other things on her mind...

Craig got a minor makeover. Not sure if I'm that fond of his hairstyle. He reminds me of that Beast from that one movie...

Carl and Ari got closer than we thought possible in one day.

I'm surrounded by two young couples now. When they're not doing their normal jobs, they're, well...

It's really only a matter of time 'til I see the nooboos. It's fine. I'll never get any of my own, anyway. I'm sure they'll be as crazy as their parents. Until then, I'll be at my sculpting station.

I heard that if you do enough ice sculptures, they won't melt...

- Yolanda