Author Topic: Favourite life state  (Read 18215 times)

Offline Randox

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Favourite life state
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2014, 11:55:01 PM »
I really like having a Genie. The utility is just fantastic. Banish is probably my favourite ability. I sometimes use it to get rid of zombies, but I use it very heavily on paparrazi. If my Genie is home and there are paparazzi around (there are always paparazzi), I banish them pronto.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2014, 10:58:24 PM »
I love playing as genies and fairies. I have a household that has two of each and they are my favorites of all. <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2014, 11:04:38 PM »

I am waiting until my kid (shown in my avatar with his Fairy dad) reaches Teen before I let him choose a lifestate - Fairy like the dad shown, Werewolf like his other dad, or witch like Grandma.  It will have to be by potion, however, as same-sex couples have offspring only through adoption, and so genetics don't come into play.

Thankfully, Grandma is an Alchemist, and I think the only recipe she's still looking for is the one that allows a Sim to become a Witch, so the kid can choose for himself.

Sindocat, I did something like this. I played a story where a mother was an alchemist and very zealous to become a fairy trough her own made elixir. I well once she learned the recipe, I realized it would take me a while to find all the ingredients. Face palm - wish I had looked it up prior to my sim actually learning it and started tracking down the ingredients. I had no fishers in my family so I could get the fairy fish. And I tried to use a witch to change an apple into the tanzanite I needed but she did it for ever and it never turned up, and honestly I hated that sim, so I eventually got so mad she could produce I moved her out. My sim is still not a fairy because I haven't visited that file In a while it was so irritating. You reminded me I need to go back and finish what I started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2015, 07:16:02 AM »
Yeah - I learned the recipe, but gathering ingredients sometimes takes longer than it does for the potion to show up at the alchemist shop. In the end, I think I bought one of each. The kid aged to teen and became a fairy, but Werewolf-dad took a potent cure, then used the Witches' Brew because I got tired of the "wet dog" moodlet after he used the sauna. That got played as part of his midlife crisis.

Teen son just aged up to YA, graduated, and proposed to his high school sweetheart. I want to send them to University together to get a degree each before I launch them out into the world together... Or maybe I just want to continue to play a big, extended, multigenerational family.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2015, 09:28:17 AM »
If I include all life states, not just supernaturals... I really like plumbots a lot. They're low maintenance, they can change their personality as they want, and unless if they're evil, they're really sweet. Those with the "friendly functions" chip are totally adorable.
I also really like aliens, because they don't need beds to restore their brain power, and they have extra time at night to learn skills, have fun to reduce stress at work and do some house chores. And as they master logic (so they can teach their skills) and stay awake at night, I find that they make the best parents. Among all the sims I've played with, the aliens are my most well behaved sims, maybe because of this extra time to make them do useful things and to influence their free will positively ?
Fairies are my favourite supernatural sims. A lot of my sims are gardeners, so I find fairies quite useful. And they're funny. I really enjoy seeing them doing childish stuff. Too bad other adult life states can't do pranks.
Werewolves are funny too. I find their behaviour hilarious. I made a werewolf-fairy couple, the fairy loves pranking her husband, but she's a coward and she faints when she hears her husband howling ha ha ha !

Some life states I don't like as much...
I don't really like simbots. They're just too human, too organic, even their bodily functions. It's a bit weird.
I'm not a fan of imaginary friends, both because they're imposed on children (I've now installed a mod against that) and because children are unhealthily obsessed by them. That said, I still think my insane little girl has found a perfect companion in her imaginary friend. It fits her insanity well IMO. And they look cool once they're made real, I like their hair and eye colour, although they need plastic surgery to not all have a "face 0". But as I still can create an ordinary sim looking like this, other than for insane sims I don't really see the interest of imaginary friends.

anything