Author Topic: Storm/Snow Seasons and Performer Performances Question  (Read 4246 times)

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
Storm/Snow Seasons and Performer Performances Question
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:06:15 AM »
I was wondering... what happens to beginning Magician/Acro/Singers that only have places like the Coffeehouse or Performance Park when it starts raining/snowing?

They wouldn't be able to wear outerwear if they're performing, but yeah, there's always that chance they would freeze to death.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: So... I was thinking about purchasing Seasons and...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 06:55:25 AM »
Well rain they basically just get a soaked moodlet, and you have to be outside for some time before you get cold enough to freeze and the gigs aren't that long.

If the weather is really bad you can perform for tips inside, nothing says you have to do it outside, I had a sim performing inside a library recently, they may not make a lot of money depending who's about but you still get the job experience. Or buy a portable fire pit so they can warm themselves up if needed while out and about. You could also use it or a fireplace to warm yourself before a gig, the warmed moodlet lasts 3 hours if I recall correctly, long enough to perform a show.

So far the only sim i've had actually freeze was sleeping outside in a sleeping bag for some hours, other than that they just get the feeling chilly moodlet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 07:06:35 PM »
I was wondering... what happens to beginning Magician/Acro/Singers that only have places like the Coffeehouse or Performance Park when it starts raining/snowing?

They wouldn't be able to wear outerwear if they're performing, but yeah, there's always that chance they would freeze to death.
The coffeehouse is an inside venue when they perform a gig there. 
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »
Try carrying a flame fruit, I heard it protects against freezing.

Offline Atticus

• .ʞǝɔuɐɯnɹ γ×ίи →
  • Llama Wrangler
    • NIXYorg
Re: Storm/Snow Seasons and Performer Performances Question
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 04:09:01 PM »
Try carrying a flame fruit, I heard it protects against freezing.

I realize this is an old topic but I wasn't sure if I should start a new one for this - is it true that carrying a Flame Fruit will prevent becoming cold/freezing?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »
I don't think it is.   My sims get cold but they never freeze unless I make them stand outside for like 24 Sim hours.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 04:35:02 PM »
I realize this is an old topic but I wasn't sure if I should start a new one for this - is it true that carrying a Flame Fruit will prevent becoming cold/freezing?
-> YES ! the flame fruit gives you the warm/cozy fire moodlet that will prevent your sim from freezing and all the negative moodlets from low winter temperatures.
BUT, it will not protect him from getting sick if he stays too much time outside.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.