Author Topic: Did a Factory Reset and I'm trying to install a house I created, but need help.  (Read 1538 times)

Offline IbelithLP

• Nooboo
I was having trouble with my game freezing first at 6pm and later at 10pm. So I decided to start a new game with a Factory Reset. I followed the steps, saving the old game and starting from scratch. I downloaded all the custom store content and the house I created (188 items in total). I installed everything and started the game. All seem fine, but some items I customize (personalize its color and the material it's made of - like a rug, for example) it's not the material it supposes to be. Is there a way to get everything as it was on the old game? At least the customize items. The items I used come either from the game, expansion packs, stuff packs and the sims store.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
I think that the only way to transfer customized items is to upload them to your Sims 3 page, and then download them back to your game after a factory reset. I tried to do a search to see if I could give you a better answer, but came up empty.
Jaymi

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Do you mean you are seeing a grey texture on customised items? This happens in my game when I download something that has a custom pattern as part of it's recolour, the only way I know of how to fix this is to manually recolour, reselect the custom pattern and then recolour it back to the original style. If there's a better way I don't know of it. This is the main reason I don't use Custom Patterns now, it's such a hassle due to this texture glitch.

Assuming this is what you have?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline IbelithLP

• Nooboo
Do you mean you are seeing a grey texture on customised items? This happens in my game when I download something that has a custom pattern as part of it's recolour, the only way I know of how to fix this is to manually recolour, reselect the custom pattern and then recolour it back to the original style. If there's a better way I don't know of it. This is the main reason I don't use Custom Patterns now, it's such a hassle due to this texture glitch.

Assuming this is what you have?

Yes, that was it. Thank you so much for the help.  ;D

anything