Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 422931 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
7/31
« Reply #1185 on: July 31, 2013, 07:59:28 PM »
Chapter 131 - Forget About Numbers

Aurora Skies is a beautiful, secluded island, far from any other landmass. It's a natural wonder, with enormous mountains and waterfalls, not to mention the dancing lights in the sky at night. The locals are polite, friendly, and keep to themselves. Aurora Skies is the one place in the Simverse where people actually mind their own business--which is good, because something very strange is about to happen, and it's best if no one notices.

There's a mansion at the end of the road, one of the largest and most opulent houses in the mountain town. It has been empty for decades, but was recently purchased by an anonymous buyer--probably someone trying to get away from city life, the real estate company decided. Not ones to pry, they left the key on the doorstep, as requested, no questions asked.

And so no one saw seven elderly women and one elderly man appear on the grass outside the house.

Together, the last four drank.

Then the first four.

And, one by one, they were surrounded by sparkles and transformed.

Until, at last, eight young, beautiful (and handsome, just for Nicholas) men and women had replaced worn-down, tired people who had once stood on the grass moments before.

Ilene Azokka was the first to leave. She went alone, but not quite alone--he was waiting for her. Now all she had to do was go find him. The youngest Elysi disappeared with a parting smile for Serena. Her work was finished, but her many-times-great-grandmother's had only just begun.

The immortals unanimously chose Nicholas as the first to be reunited with his spouse. The rest could wait, but he had suffered for so many years that even the Young Again potion helped less than Lolita would.

Even the years of separation hadn't dimmed their love for each other, and Nicholas felt like he was floating as he walked across the ground to hand Lolita her Young Again potion.

He watched, trying to maintain the solemnity of the occasion with a straight face, as Lolita tipped the drink into her mouth.

Nicholas couldn't look away from his wife. Everything seemed almost like a dream to him--when, in reality, he had woken from the dream that had encased him for hundreds of years. They were going to a paradise, where the sand was golden and the water blue as the sky.

Serena smiled fondly, watching her son go, but then returned to her task.

Unlike her father, Bree didn't care at all for the "solemnity" of the occasion. As far as she was concerned, it was finally time to celebrate!

She gave Brandon his drink with a grin on her face.

They decided to go somewhere where life would be an endless party. After all, this is Bree we're talking about!

So many graves left, so little time. Actually, Serena reflected, for the first time ever, there was all the time on the world. At least, there would be, if the rest of the family wasn't so impatient.

There would be no sleep tonight, or tomorrow night, or the night after. But she didn't care a bit--just the look on Kara's face when she saw Bianca for the first time in four generations was more than enough.

Bianca and Kara left for a metropolis that was gray, colorless, and generally awful, according to the rest of the world. But they were determined to make something beautiful out of it.

Night came on, and the work was halted. Nataliya wept over Stephen's grave, so overcome with sorrow that she didn't know what to do.

She, Mikayla, and Iris Bianca were the only ones left. Mikayla, with her usual vivacity and optimism, did her best to reassure her daughter.

Finding that words failed, she ended up just giving her a hug. "Everything will be all right, Liya. Worrying too much will only get in the way.

Iris Bianca hugged her, too, passing down her own advice. "People like us tend to think that the world is nothing more than numbers and equations. But trust me--if you love Stephen, there will be no number in the world that can express the magnitude of that emotion. Forget about numbers, because they only confuse you when it comes to things like this."

She stepped back, only to find Mikayla hugging her. "I'll miss you, Mama."

"We'll talk every day, Butterfly. But I'll miss you, too."

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Archangel

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Forget About Numbers
« Reply #1186 on: July 31, 2013, 08:08:59 PM »
Hooray for reunity (not sure that's a word, but oh well)! I can't wait for the rest of the spouses to return from the grave. My favourite spouse is either Thornton or Jerry.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #1187 on: July 31, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »
I feel less hysterical now that I have been assured that Mikayla is still alive. Awesome to see Lolita again! (She is, after all, one of the two best spouses.)
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Lovely Random Dynasty Facts
« Reply #1188 on: July 31, 2013, 09:01:04 PM »
Good job on the museum value! And on the worth of Nick's YA sculpture.

I know, I was so excited that I broke a million dollars!

Whoa, Nick's sculpture is worth so much! The most pricy sculpture I've ever made is around 5000 simoleons. I love the cars as well, especially Bree's.

Right? I was so surprised! Everything else is at least 20,000 dollars less. I think it was by Kaylynn, too, so the death bonus couldn't have been that much. And we all know that Bree needed a sports car!

Hooray for reunity (not sure that's a word, but oh well)! I can't wait for the rest of the spouses to return from the grave. My favourite spouse is either Thornton or Jerry.

According to my computer, reunity isn't a word, but who cares! I love all of the spouses so much that I couldn't possibly choose one, but I think it would be Brandon, Lolita, or Bubba. Love Bubba.

I feel less hysterical now that I have been assured that Mikayla is still alive. Awesome to see Lolita again! (She is, after all, one of the two best spouses.)

Of course she's still alive! And prettier than ever. Who's the other best spouse--my guess is Jerry, based on past comments.

Note:

Ilene Azokka is now on the Swap Shop!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1189 on: July 31, 2013, 09:06:32 PM »
They should have done Stephen first so that the other males she brought back didn't immediately fall under Liya's spell.  Just sayin'.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1190 on: July 31, 2013, 09:12:40 PM »
Um, squick, Pippin. The other men are her ancestors. Of course, in this family . . .
I've been jaded by my own life stuff for awhile, so it's been a long time since a Sims story update made me cry. Congratulations. That was just beautiful. And I loved the opening of this chapter--believe me and understand the very great compliment it is when I say it strongly reminded me of the openings of Philosopher's Stone and Goblet of Fire.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline molly4000

• Townie
  • I'm (finally) back!
« Reply #1191 on: July 31, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »
And I loved the opening of this chapter--believe me and understand the very great compliment it is when I say it strongly reminded me of the openings of Philosopher's Stone and Goblet of Fire.
This was a great chapter, and it does remind me of Harry Potter. I can't wait to see IB, Mikayla, Serena, and Ilene be reunited with their spouses!
"May the odds be ever in your favor"-Effie Trinket

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1192 on: July 31, 2013, 09:44:48 PM »
Awwww so great to see Lolita, Brandon, and Bianca again!  ^^  Lovely update!  Can't wait to see more!

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #1193 on: July 31, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »
Awesome update! It really brought a smile to my face. I loved seeing Lolita and Brandon again. (I still can't decide who my favorite spouse is between the two!)

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #1194 on: July 31, 2013, 09:56:20 PM »
Finally, we get to read the prologue. Great to see the Elysis united with their spouse once more. Also to see my favourite couple Bree and Brandon united, moving out and thinking of having a party. Waiting to see the other Elysis also united with their spouse next day.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Lovely Random Dynasty Facts
« Reply #1195 on: July 31, 2013, 10:38:11 PM »
Of course she's still alive! And prettier than ever. Who's the other best spouse--my guess is Jerry, based on past comments.

Of course! HE'S A PANDA. Only 'Lita can compete with that.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1196 on: August 01, 2013, 05:27:43 PM »
They should have done Stephen first so that the other males she brought back didn't immediately fall under Liya's spell.  Just sayin'.

Eeeek. Again: They are family members!

Um, squick, Pippin. The other men are her ancestors. Of course, in this family . . .
I've been jaded by my own life stuff for awhile, so it's been a long time since a Sims story update made me cry. Congratulations. That was just beautiful. And I loved the opening of this chapter--believe me and understand the very great compliment it is when I say it strongly reminded me of the openings of Philosopher's Stone and Goblet of Fire.

Wow! If it helps take your mind off of life, I will make every update as sad and emotional as possible  ;) . Extremely high praise indeed! I'm sure that has nothing to do with my semi-annual Harry Potter marathon. Really, though, I'm doing a little happy dance right now  ;D .

This was a great chapter, and it does remind me of Harry Potter. I can't wait to see IB, Mikayla, Serena, and Ilene be reunited with their spouses!

Thanks! I hope the next few chapters will live up to the same standards.

Awwww so great to see Lolita, Brandon, and Bianca again!  ^^  Lovely update!  Can't wait to see more!

They really are all lovely spouses, huh? My sims have wonderful taste.

Awesome update! It really brought a smile to my face. I loved seeing Lolita and Brandon again. (I still can't decide who my favorite spouse is between the two!)

Awww. I love how everyone has different favorite spouses!

Finally, we get to read the prologue. Great to see the Elysis united with their spouse once more. Also to see my favourite couple Bree and Brandon united, moving out and thinking of having a party. Waiting to see the other Elysis also united with their spouse next day.

We all know Bree and Brandon have to go somewhere where life is a party!

Of course! HE'S A PANDA. Only 'Lita can compete with that.

Hahaha. Gotta love the panda.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1197 on: August 01, 2013, 05:32:09 PM »
Eeeek. Again: They are family members!
I now this, and you know this, but I'm not sure if story progression would bother paying as much attention to that since the character died.  As I understand it, relationships (marriages, etc.) get cut off at the point of death.  Therefore, getting her away from them as soon as possible was the best way to avoid squick.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #1198 on: August 01, 2013, 05:40:57 PM »
Oh My Gosh Azokka!!!! I love this story SOOOOOO much !!! I Can't believe its over. This is my favorite ever immortal dynasty story. I am going to miss it soooo much!! Thank you for posting this awesome story. You are such a good writer! I just can't believe that its completed! Congrats! You deserve it!! I was on vacation and can't believed I missed all this! I am sooo sorry! I cant believe you created this awesome dynasty!! Its so amazing! I cant tell you how much I love this story! It has renewed my want to do a dynasty myself. Congrats, you deserve it!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
The Sun Rose
« Reply #1199 on: August 01, 2013, 06:06:33 PM »
Oh My Gosh Azokka!!!! I love this story SOOOOOO much !!! I Can't believe its over. This is my favorite ever immortal dynasty story. I am going to miss it soooo much!! Thank you for posting this awesome story. You are such a good writer! I just can't believe that its completed! Congrats! You deserve it!! I was on vacation and can't believed I missed all this! I am sooo sorry! I cant believe you created this awesome dynasty!! Its so amazing! I cant tell you how much I love this story! It has renewed my want to do a dynasty myself. Congrats, you deserve it!

Wow, I don't even know where to begin! I can only say thank you, SO much! This comment truly made my day! And as I said, we Simmers tend to go on vacation just when something big is happening.  ;D  ;D  ;D .

I now this, and you know this, but I'm not sure if story progression would bother paying as much attention to that since the character died.  As I understand it, relationships (marriages, etc.) get cut off at the point of death.  Therefore, getting her away from them as soon as possible was the best way to avoid squick.

Good point. We definitely don't want squick.

Chapter 132 - The Sun Rose

The remaining immortals waited through the long night, not daring to eat, sleep, or even breathe, for fear that any movement would shatter the dream and they would wake up to find it had all been an illusion. But as the sun rose, all exhaled and Serena continued her work.

Mikayla didn't even try to contain her happiness, bright and golden-orange as the sun. She alone had never gone through the period of hopelessness and grieving that every other immortal lived with after their spouse's death. In her mind, Jerry had never really been dead--he just went away for a while, and now he was back.

They set off together to begin a new, exciting life in a place Mikayla had dreamed about since she was a young woman and Serena made a joking comment. See if you can figure it out, somewhere in this chapter.

Iris Bianca smiled fondly after her daughter, but broke off the look with a startled gasp, looking swiftly to the left.

"I have missed you so, so, so much!" She whispered, almost unable to speak, so overcome with emotion she was. "But this is all so overwhelming--maybe we should take it a little slowly for a while, get to know each other again--"

Bubba rolled his eyes, sighed in good-natured exasperation, and went straight for the kiss.

"Iris Bianca Elysi, I love you," he said firmly, "more than anyone has every loved anyone else before. But babe, I did not wait one-hundred and fifty years to take it slow. And neither did you."

The two reunited lovebirds left immediately. Iris Bianca had planned this out a very long time ago: they were going to the main center of science and technology in the entire universe, and she was determined to try out being a genie.

"Stephen, I have been a terrible girlfriend to you," Nataliya began ten minutes after her great-grandmother departed. "I've cheated on you, lied to you, and taken advantage of your faith in me. I am sorry, and I don't deserve a second chance, but I'm determined to get one."

She gave him the Young Again potion, and he drank, immediately surrounded by sparkles. Seeing the surprised and happy look in his eyes, she could barely keep from jumping up and down.

Stephen was truly an incredible-looking young adult, and Nataliya took advantage of the opportunity to dress him as she had always wanted. Wait, this isn't the important picture--

Oh, yes. There it is.

"Will you come away with me, Stephen? We can be happy together."

"Of course, Nataliya!" He answered warmly, reaching out for her hand. "I love you, and I forgive you. Of course I forgive you. We all make mistakes."

Nataliya hadn't decided until that moment where she wanted to go, but all of a sudden she was inspired. There was a place, a place where she would fit in. A place with red, orange, and gold--a natural, desolate beauty.

Serena sighed, glancing longingly at the grave at the very end of the row. But she wasn't finished--not yet.

Is that--could it be--Alexander Crumplebottom? You may notice that he's dressed a little differently than the las time he was alive. After all, he has had hundreds of years to think about what he wants to do with his life.

And who he wants to spend his life with.

Nataliya and Stephen waited in the limo as the two lovebirds joined them on their journey to a new life.

Seneca McIrish was next: He isn't particularly important, but was the best of Alexander's children.

He was surprised by the sudden resurrection from the afterlife, but not surprised enough to ignore the other "special" townie.

Shelly Hart, the daughter of Nicholas and Bebe. She's by far the loveliest of Nick's children, and was just too gorgeous to go to waste.

They hurried to meet up with Nicholas and Lolita at their new home.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty