Author Topic: Toadification bug  (Read 4064 times)

Offline ScarletCape

• Nooboo
Toadification bug
« on: January 25, 2013, 01:29:42 AM »
I had a family of two alien Sims and one Simbot. The female alien was using the Alchemy station and got turned into a toad. She then went to her alien hubby and asked for a Toad kiss. Instead of curing her toadification condition it turned hubby into a toad too. I tried creating a cure elixer. For some reason it could not be thrown at the toaded Sim or used by the toaded Sim.  I also no longer had the option to ask for a toad kiss. My Sims are stuck as toads. Anybody encounter this glitch? Any suggestions to correct it.  I think I am just going to start my family over because as long as they are toads, no procreation is possible. I have that particular family saved in the household folder so I can start again.

Thank you.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Toadification bug
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:43:49 AM »
If you're not opposed to cheating, you can turn on TestingCheats and Ctrl+Click the toadification buff away.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »
Haven't really played with aliens (don't like their skin tone and eyes); but, perhaps they shouldn't be using the alchemy station. I'm interested in what you find out, if you go back to a previous save and try again.

After all, the sims seems to be trial and error sometimes; and then, we tell each other about what happened.

Offline ScarletCape

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 02:37:29 PM »
LOL! I have had them work work with Alchemy before and never had that problem. In fact the male alien's lifetime wish was to be a level 10 Alchemist and use 50 elixers. So why would they give him that wish if alien's weren't supposed to be able to use the Alchemy station? Thanks! BTW I will keep you posted on any future happenings.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 04:06:12 PM »
I had a sim get toadified by a bad mix as she was at her alchemy station.  She asked her hubby for a kiss and he did, turning into a toad himself.  It took a while but she finally got the recipe to make the cure and used it on both of them.
This was before the Seasons came out.

See if you can buy the cure elixer at the Elixer shop and try it to see if it cures the problem.  If not, then the only suggestion I have is do the cheat. 

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
You need a potent cure or a witch with a sunlight charm to cure it

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 02:15:09 PM »
Regular cure elixirs work fine too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Anna33

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:48:20 PM »
The moodlet manager cure's toad sims. If you have one you could use that?