Author Topic: Getting to level 10 Alchemy  (Read 4458 times)

Offline photobella

• Nooboo
Getting to level 10 Alchemy
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:21:56 AM »
She's so close! I send her to the Alchemy station and she spends some time there but just shakes her head, no new recipes. What gives? Am I missing something? Should she be reading the Alchemy book instead?

Thanks!

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Re: Getting to level 10 Alchemy
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:00:39 AM »
She might not be able to learn any new ones untl she reaches level 10. I would suggest reading the skill book for the remainder of the skill.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 10:52:21 AM »
Or mix elixirs - that will boost the skill, too. Also, make sure you don't have any unknown seeds in her inventory.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »
Go to try to make an elixer, then hit the button (checkbox?) to show the ones that you don't know. Each will list its origin - either research or a book. It is possible that all of the level 9 and lower that are available by research are known already, so until you hit 10 further research will be unsuccesful. If you still have researchable ones to learn at your current skill, then you may be a victim of some sort of bug.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:12:43 PM »
If you are struck by said bug, you can try resetting your Sim to see if it helps.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:19:58 PM »
I believe there is also 5 recipes you need to buy at the supernatural consignment store to get all the recipes.  Other than that just cue up "Make elixir" and make a ton of potions (the low level ones are easy, one of them only requires a food item... buy 50 veggies and make "vial of bliss" over and over again.) 

I just finished this and it took some time but alternating between "make elixir" and "research alchemy".  I'm now working on making one of each potion... now that's the challenge.. ugh....

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
There is a list here somewhere (I seem to have trouble getting links to work) that has all of the recipes, ingredients and how they affects the sim.  I LOVE that list, especially when it gave me a couple I could use on a couple of mean witches.  I used the Potent Cure on a mean witch that was casting spells on sims.  He started to cast one of my sim sons and I had him hit him with the potent cure; the witch lost his powers.  Angry bees on Beatrice C. and then the P. Cure (she cursed my sim daughter)

There are seven special recipes that require potion books:
(1) Potent Job Booster  (2) Tragic Clown  (3) Potent Personality Adjuster  (4) Potent Enlightment  (5) Procreation  (6) Fountain of Youth and  (7) Zombification.

There are two others that I think require expansion packs.  The Genie one requires fireflies that can only be found with that expansion pack.  The Simbot one you can find the ingredients but you have to have the recipe and I don't think you get that one without the expansion pack that has the simbot in it. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tess

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 04:08:18 PM »
When I had my sim learn alchemy, I made him read the books first, then try to make the elixirs. It worked out really well and he discovered potion after potion in no time at all. Therefore, I would recommend reading the books first.