Author Topic: Big Discounts on Sims 3 Through February 13  (Read 4291 times)

Offline mondicat

• Nooboo
Big Discounts on Sims 3 Through February 13
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
Origin has a number of expansions and stuff packs on sale for $10.00 only for today.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
Big Discounts on Sims 3 Through February 13
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 02:12:27 AM »
Sims 3 games are on sale for 50% off through February 13, 2013.  This is for all titles and can be either physical disk or digital download.  This would be an excellent time to start Sims 3 or add to your collection of expansion and stuff packs.  You can even help support our site by using this link to make your purchases.  Anything bought using this link will earn a commission for Carl's Guide and this Forum, even if it's not Sims 3!  Don't miss this opportunity.  There's no telling when we'll see such a sale again.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
Re: Big Discounts on Sims 3 Through February 13
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »
The Katy Perry version of Showtime still isn't on sale.   :(   I just want the Katy Perry extras top go with my candy coated dynasty.  I don't even care that much about the EP itself. 

I bet there will be another big sale when University Life gets released.  Amazon had a big one when 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff came out, where all other stuff packs were $6.50 and EPs were between $10 and $20.  I'm hoping for another sale like that when University Life comes out next month. 

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »
Oh I'm so happy! Maybe my mum will let me buy Seasons and Showtime finally  ;D

EDIT: How do you change it for a digital disk?

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
Hmm...I think the gaming gods may be telling me it's Showtime...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »
The Katy Perry version of Showtime still isn't on sale.   :(   I just want the Katy Perry extras top go with my candy coated dynasty.  I don't even care that much about the EP itself. 

They have the Sweet Treats Stuff Pack... if that helps at all and since you said you weren't big on the EP anyways.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »
I picked up 70's-90's and the Diesel packs.  I refuse to get the Katy Perry pack, even if it's free.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 02:32:14 PM »
I said the same thing, Branr, then I got it anyway :o

I've actually found that some of the clothing options are actually pretty decent and doesn't have the candy/cupcakes/other ridiculous "additions" to them.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 03:32:50 PM »
Bought the High End Loft... Now the only one that still interests me is the newest, which wasn't among the sales for me (prices are also not as low as 50% for the Dutch store.) I do get to the proper store from the link though, so I'm hoping it'll still count for the site.

Offline AlienTwins

• Nooboo
Re: Sims 3 expansions and stuff packs on sale thru origin only for today~
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 03:17:53 AM »
What is this 'Origins' exactly?  I recently came back to S3 after a (very) long break and I found I had to create an Origins account.  Is it like Steam or something?

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,14591.0.html

There is a thread started for this topic already, with a link to the origins site. I don't know if it is similar to Steam or not, since I haven't used Steam before.
Jaymi

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »
Since there is already a topic about this, I'm going to go ahead and merge them.

Origin is EA's version of Steam except it's for only their games.   When you register a game, all of your EA games become available for download via Origin where your information is kept like the registration code.   It's helpful in case something happens to your discs.  It also has several options that are similar to steam including the ability to talk to friends.  I have it but I rarely use it and now it's fully available for Mac users as well and they are going to start offering Mac downloads of your content through that client.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »
This may be a silly question but someone has to ask it lol

If I order a physical copy to I have to wait until it has arrived until I can play with it or can I get a digital download before it arrives?

Many thanks
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 04:03:43 PM »
This may be a silly question but someone has to ask it lol

If I order a physical copy to I have to wait until it has arrived until I can play with it or can I get a digital download before it arrives?

Many thanks
KJ

I've never gotten the physical copy so I don't know if it will automatically register.  However, the last couple of games I have bought through origin did auto register but they were all digitals.   I want to assume it would work the same but you know what they say about assuming.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 04:15:12 PM »
I purchased a couple physical copies yesterday and I received the product code for the free items that came with them, but not for the games themselves. I do remember seeing something about being able to download them before the physical copies arrive, but now I can't seem to find where it said that. When and if I find it again I will let you know.
Jaymi

anything