Author Topic: Finding Elixir/Alchemy Ingredients in Riverview  (Read 13844 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Finding Elixir/Alchemy Ingredients in Riverview
« on: February 10, 2013, 12:02:46 AM »
Where on earth do I find alchemy ingredients in Riverview? I've only found mushrooms & truffles so far at Stonehenge and at one of the farms. But I can't seem to find the herbs or whatever you call them, things such as Wolfsbane, Mandrake root etc anywhere! I also only know of one spot where gems spawn (An abandoned farm somewhere) and would like to know of other places. So can someone enlighten me please? I've checked the guide, no information on where to find alchemy ingredients.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Finding Elixir/Alchemy Ingredients in Riverview
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 12:05:56 AM »
Mandrake, wolfsbane and red valerian are only going to be findable as seeds (they're like apples the lowest of the low) or you can purchase straight from the elixir shop.  I always see at least one of each in stock.

Gems are part of every day spawners so most of the spawners in riverview will also have one of the new gemstones.   It would actually be easier to have a witch do the conversion spell or if you need it just for alchemy recipes - get a gem cutter and make everything into gem dust.  You'll get 2-5 gem dust per rock and alchemy recipes only need 1.

This information won't be on the guide because Riverview came out with base game and alchemy supplies came with Moonlight Falls.  Outside of moonlight falls, you're not going to see regular plants anywhere of these new plants.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 12:11:32 AM »
Thanks.  :) Do any of the other seeds from Moonlight Falls spawn in Riverview? I'm sure there are more than that. Is there any other way to get those, non gem ingredients other than convert & hope I get lucky? I'm wondering if the alchemy supplies & elixir shops stock them. (Names escape me, 27+ hours with no sleep and counting so I'm not really with it at all sorry XD).

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 06:38:55 AM »
All of the Supernatural plants can potentially show up in the Elixir shop, though far less often than Mandrake, Wolfsbane and Valerian do.

Additionally, if you have purchased the Greenhouse placing the Gardening Station on your lot puts a seed spawner in with it which can spawn nearly everything - the only things I haven't seen from it are the WA plants.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 09:38:49 AM »
Mushrooms that are not specified for recipes, but may be used as "any mushroom" are available at grocery stores - white caps, porcinis, and maybe truffles.

If you want a steady supply of alchemy ingredients, you might want to take up gardening.  Your Sim will receive some seeds upon learning the gardening skill, and I usually find some alchemy ingredient seeds in the lot.  You will also receive some alchemy ingredients when you learn the alchemy skill, and can either use them as is or plant them and grow some more.

I was not able to find glow orbs spawning in Sunset Valley - but I read somewhere that they only spawn during a full moon, and I had turned off moon cycles.  I did eventually find some at the elixir consignment shop, and planted them to grow more.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »
Thanks.  :) I've found most of the Supernatural plants now, got some through through conversion, the only thing I can't seem to track down is Ghost Chilli. (Or any kind of chilli for that matter). Anybody know how I can get my hands on some?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 09:38:21 PM »
Ghost chilis are buyable at the supermarket.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 09:47:14 PM »
Ah, figures, hadn't tried there yet, too busy taking advantage of the community and neighbours gardens, lol. Thanks.  :)

anything