Author Topic: Vampire Fairy  (Read 11571 times)

Offline x9987

• Nooboo
Vampire Fairy
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:23:04 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've been playing with a vampire Sim for a while, and I wanted to turn her into a fairy.  I checked the Alchemy Store day after day until I was able to buy the elixir for it.  When my Sim drank the elixir, she grew dark purple gothic type wings.  All of the need indicators turned green except for the thirst, which remains purple.  This thirst need doesn't deplete, yet I have a negative thirsty moodlet.  I also do not have any options to drink plasma juice.  If I eat plasma fruit, I get the nauseated moodlet.

My Sim has both vampire and fairy abilities, except I haven't found the option to shrink into fairy form.  In the life time rewards menu, there is on the fairy wing changer, not the life time reward for vampires.  There is also no magic bar, yet I can use magic and get the negative moodlet if I over-due my fairy abilities.

I believe this is a glitch, because trust-worthy Google did not find what I was looking for.

Has anyone else had this  happen?  And will there be any major drawbacks/glitches if I continue to play with this character without curing her?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Vampire Fairy
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:34:03 PM »
I have the same glitch when I try to change the lifestate of a vampire/cure them entirely. It feels a little mean to say that I'm glad someone else has the same issue I do. :(

The last time I played a glitched, "cured" vampire, he didn't break the game (he broke my dynasty plans, but that's a long story), so there isn't a huge risk with playing your vampire-fairy. Can you feed her regular food to keep the thirst moodlets at bay? I think that's what I was able to do, but it's been so long since then.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline x9987

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:38:29 PM »
Unfortunately regular food doesn't fill up her thirst motive.  She also keeps getting the hungry chat icon above her head, then heads to the fridge.  When she eats regular food, the game doesn't register it, and she goes back to the fridge to cook another meal.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:42:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried the standard resetSim and it didn't work?  Clearing your cache files perhaps?  If it's not a challenge file (for one of our challenges), have you thought of maybe moving to clipboard and replacing the sim?

If it doesn't bother you then I don't see any drawbacks.  Perhaps the motive mobile could help?  Or using testingcheats to drag the the bar one direction or the other to maybe trigger the game somehow.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline x9987

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 08:55:45 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Ricalynn.

I was able to remove the sated moodlet by making all happy.  I will see if it returns.

Offline maddieb12345

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 07:44:34 AM »
My Sim was a fairy and she had a boyfriend that was a vampire. I decided it would be cool if his whole family was vampires. I went into edit sims in create a sim, and nothing happened. So I just wanted to tell you guys that if you didn't know if you can change the type of person your Sim is, in create a sim, you can't.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 01:34:48 PM »
That also seems like a bit too much work, but I'm notoriously lazy when it comes to my Sims ;D

Throw a Potent Cure Elixir at the fairy, then either a Bottled Vampire's Bite, or have the boyfriend turn her.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything