Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1076198 times)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »
No doubt!

I'll certainly remember this experience and be sure to allow enough funds next month!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #301 on: August 29, 2010, 02:43:05 PM »
Well it was only the second Contest so I think we are allowed some errors!  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #302 on: August 29, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »
That's a pretty rockin house Aria, you match the windows/doors/columns/arches very well, and the lay out flows nicely.  Pielord I had the same problem, I think mine are just going to live outside until I have 300k haha

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #303 on: August 29, 2010, 03:05:12 PM »
Thanks, Tommy! 

The only part I'm not really happy about is the roof line, but as I was waking up this morning I had an idea about how I could fix it so you can expect an updated exterior pic soon. :)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #304 on: August 29, 2010, 06:17:59 PM »
How odd it is that I've lived a full lifetime and never until now started to look at roof lines, footprints, etc.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #305 on: September 02, 2010, 12:59:07 PM »
Well I built this house for the September Contest but there is something on their that I have no idea what it means, if it means home cinema I don't think 2,000 will build it!  ;D

Pine Hill Barn - $97,864
Lot Size: 30x40
Info: This old barn has been recently been converted into a home, it boast Five bedrooms and two bathrooms, a larger Living/Dining and a Kitchen. It has a pool out back and a smaller barn which is being used as a Kids Room, their is a cellar under the second barn which could be extended, the main barn is light and spacious with big windows at either end.

Link: Pine Hill Barns

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #306 on: September 02, 2010, 02:19:49 PM »
I saw Pielord's Dynasty house and decided to share.  *shudders*  Don't be fooled by the nice furniture.  I have a doctor and a kleptomaniac in the house.  Not to mention the 22k I "earned" through the judicious selling of novels from a certain Asian country...

View from the second floor

View from the first floor

The garage.  And yes, all six cars were stolen, most of them from across the street at the Altos' place.

A view of the entire lot.  Yes, my kleptomaniac Sim stole the flag in the garden!  I needed to do something with it...

A view of the house, with walls up.

I'm open for comments and constructive criticism.  I'm trying to get better at this house thing, really.  I welcome any critique or advice.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #307 on: September 02, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
Wow, that is really nice so far, and how far along are you on your dynasty?  Mine is large and I have the stairs in, but no second floor yet and a modest garden.  I bought the park across the street from the house and now don't have too much money yet until some paintings start to sell.  I will post pics later, but yours is your nice.  It will get better along the way, it is gorgeous now.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Balkor

« Reply #308 on: September 03, 2010, 08:46:12 AM »
Well I thought I might as well post my little home I made near the scrap yard ^_^ I'm aware its not the greatest thing ever so dint be too mean xD

First up is my front view of the house, this is the first build where i realised you could have spray on flowers and stone paths so I may have gotton a little crazy with them xD  Unfortunately Since i wanted my house on foundations everything else has to be as well and I cant seem to make a basement now because of it =/

Second is back view of the house, in the garden I have Life Fruit, Pomegranates and Bell Peppers (Bell Peppers make great fertilizers)  The two little extra coming out bits (Not sure what to call them xD) parts of the roof were something I added myself, the roof seemed a little boring so I thought they make it look better.

Here is a bird's eye view of the top floor,  The biggest room being the Master (Only?) Bedroom and en-suit Bathroom,  Opposite that we have the workshop for Sculpting and Inventing and next to the workshop is the Gym with its own separate shower.

Finally the downstairs, Starting with a Living room/dining room mix the small display case holding a little gold tiger I found.  Hallways lead to the Main bathroom and the kitchen area which also holds the Washing machine and Dryer ^^ and finally following it around leads to the small outside area.

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #309 on: September 03, 2010, 08:55:08 AM »
Balkor, nice little house there.  I like what you did with the "things" on the back side of the roof.  I must try that sometime.

Saltypaws, my 3rd generation is a teenager now.  It seems to go faster because I don't allow my immortals multiple children.  I only have to focus on one child at a time.  Thanks for the compliments.  I'm still trying to figure out where to put my museum.  It seems people have so many sculptures and paintings and photographs...I only have the required portraits right now.  Oh, well, sculptures will come later and photographs probably never.  I despise the photography skill.

Shutting up now before I get trashed for being off topic.   ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #310 on: September 04, 2010, 03:54:50 AM »
Shutting up now before I get trashed for being off topic.   ;D

We don't "trash" our members.  We "gently remind."  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #311 on: September 05, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »
I just built this house in Riverview for an Adventurer and his Wife and I am pleased with how it turned out!  :)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2010, 03:45:41 PM »
Samoht, that's beautiful. Huge! Will it be filled with collections from travel, or with children?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #313 on: September 06, 2010, 03:48:29 PM »
Both!  ;D

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »
That looks like a really nice house.  Actually we seem to have several talented builders around here.  I love looking at them.

anything