Author Topic: Uploading/downloading to/from Exchange  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Uploading/downloading to/from Exchange
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:32:57 PM »
I think this is the best place to post this, as it has to do with building.

I am still tweeking my gardens and hope to post pictures here soon.  I am thinking of changing the restrooms to have a shower in them.  But what has me wondering is, how to share the garden if others like it.  I have read how to upload to the exchange, but am worried about the aspect of --  is it custom content and can it be harmful to others.

I'm figuring that since it will just be plants that are from the game and ex packs grown to perfect, using items we can get from the buy mode (benches, fountains, bar, etc), and the spawners of butterflies, insects and fish along with the alchemy spawners it should be okay. 

Which had me wondering, my gardens will have plants from the expansion packs that I have, WA and SN.  If an individual doesn't have these games, how does it affects if they want to download my garden?  Will the items (plants, fish, etc) be removed?  Can it cause problems to that person's game?

I know that in my games the gardens are a big hit, there is always someone at the park, no matter what season it seems.  Sims having water or snowball fights, fishing, talking to plants, having a drink from the bar or just reading a book, playing chess. 

When I am finished with it, would it be safe to be put on the Exchange?

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: uploading/downloading to/from Exchange
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:55:49 PM »
I posted a castle a while back and it did not cause me or any of those who downloaded it problems, as far as I am aware.  List the expansion packs you used to create your garden and those without the required EP's will know not to download, or that there may be problems with missing items if they do.  Sorry, I won't be downloading your garden because I do not have SN, but, I'm sure others will appreciate it.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EddyPieHands

• Nooboo
Re: Uploading/downloading to/from Exchange
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 06:34:55 AM »
Custom content is third party created content, no? So if all you have is created by EA it should be fine, I think.
If people don't have all EP and SP you used other objects will spawn and replace any missing items. Routing problems might happen and make the game lag or crash though. That's my experience anyway.