Author Topic: Aptitude Test Influences  (Read 52305 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Aptitude Test Influences
« on: March 05, 2013, 10:07:33 AM »
When a Young Adult takes an aptitude test prior to enrolling in University, there are several factors that are taken into effect for each of the majors.    The more of these factors your Sim has the more credits that Sim will get towards that degree.   

Business
Skills:  Charisma, Social Networking, Mixology
Traits: Genius, Ambitious, Evil, Frugal, Workaholic, Born Salesman
Career Progress: Business, Criminal

Technology
Skills: Logic, Handiness, Inventing
Traits: Genius, Computer Whiz, Handy, No Sense of Humor, Good, Eccentric
Career Progress: Law Enforcement, Military

Science & Medicine

Skills: Fishing, Gardening, Science, Alchemy
Traits: Genius, Bookworm, Perfectionist, Socially Awkward, Green Thumb, Perceptive
Career Progress: Medical, Science

Fine Arts
Skills: Painting, Cooking, Guitar, Piano, Drums, Bass Guitar, Street Art, Sculpting, Nectar Making
Traits: Genius, Avant Garde, Artistic, Natural Cook, Virtuoso, Rebellious
Career Progress: Culinary, Music, Film

Communications
Skills: Writing, Photography
Traits: Genius, Charismatic, Irresistible, Schmoozer, Flirty, Social Butterfly
Career Progress: Journalism, Politics, Fortune Teller

Physical Education
Skills: Athletic, Martial Arts, Riding
Traits: Genius, Athletic, Loves the Outdoors
Career Progress: Professional Sports
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Aptitude Test Influences
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 01:44:05 PM »
Cool! Thanks for this, Rica! By the time I have University I'll have it all figured out thanks to the Guide and the Forum ;D

What I'm wondering is, will majoring in a topic make you have to learn the associated skills? For example if I want my Charisma Immortal to major in communications but not gain writing if that is a unique supermax?

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:55:57 PM »
I think that working on the related skills increases your academic progress, but making good academic progress doesn't increase your skills. It's like progress in a job -- getting promotions in Science doesn't mean that you level up in gardening.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »
Exactly as MarianT put it.   When you actually get to Uni, there are four metrics but you don't automatically learn skills unless you choose to use objects that will grant you that skill.

This post was literally just what the original test looks for to go towards scholarships and giving extra credit.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 03:06:58 PM »
Okay, thanks Marian and Rica. :)

By samoht04

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
I think it's pretty interesting that people who make computer games for a living chose to include "Good" among those traits that count toward Technology aptitude.  ;D

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 08:07:25 PM »
The aptitude test also determines if you will get a scholarship.  I have heard that new YAs don't get scholarships, but my evil, neurotic, loves the outdoors and heat, green thumbed sim got a partial scholarship ($1000), so it may be determined by how well the sim did in high school (Honor Roll, etc.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 08:09:59 PM »
The aptitude test also determines if you will get a scholarship.  I have heard that new YAs don't get scholarships, but my evil, neurotic, loves the outdoors and heat, green thumbed sim got a partial scholarship ($1000), so it may be determined by how well the sim did in high school (Honor Roll, etc.)

Fairly certain the scholarships are done by the critera mentioned above.   Did your Sim have skill points that related to the major they got a scholarship in?

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »
Fairly certain the scholarships are done by the critera mentioned above.   Did your Sim have skill points that related to the major they got a scholarship in?

None at all. She is majoring in business, and had a score of zero out of 400. Anyways, the scholarship is offered before you select what your major will be.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 10:56:23 PM »
None at all. She is majoring in business, and had a score of zero out of 400. Anyways, the scholarship is offered before you select what your major will be.

Looks like it's based on your SUAT (Sims University Aptitude Test) score. If your score is greater than 1920, you receive a partial scholarship. If it's greater than 2260, you get a full scholarship. I'm not sure when the Honors scholarships come into play.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »
Looks like it's based on your SUAT (Sims University Aptitude Test) score. If your score is greater than 1920, you receive a partial scholarship. If it's greater than 2260, you get a full scholarship. I'm not sure when the Honors scholarships come into play.

Not sure on that, the two sims I tested had scores from 1300-1600, and both got partial scholarships.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »
Not sure on that, the two sims I tested had scores from 1300-1600, and both got partial scholarships.

I had sims with over 1300 get partials as well.   So it's based on score which is based on skills & career progress.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 07:59:33 PM »
It looks like Brave contributes to Technology as well. I'm trying to pick traits for a teen now (planning to have two teens to put through school and just kill off the parents so I don't have to deal with them, lol)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 02:30:31 AM »
I think it's pretty interesting that people who make computer games for a living chose to include "Good" among those traits that count toward Technology aptitude.  ;D

I imagined it was because they feed into the Lw Enforcement and Military careers, but your suggestion is more amusing :)

By samoht04

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 10:41:03 AM »
I had sims with over 1300 get partials as well.   So it's based on score which is based on skills & career progress.

Started a new sim last night, no skills or career, and got 6 credits each in 3 degrees, I am assuming based on traits (artistic for fine arts, comp whiz with technology, bookworm with science/medicine), and was awarded a partial scholarship ($1000/term).