Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Alex - The Bento Box
13 (13%)
Ladbug53 - The Sectional
5 (5%)
Vinyl - The Fairy Bungalow
20 (20%)
Snufflesxx - Bonehilda's Living Quarters
4 (4%)
RaiaDraconis - Box Tree Oasis
9 (9%)
Gheez - Hamster House
4 (4%)
Gogowars329 - The Diving Board
3 (3%)
saltpastillen - Chateau de Toy Box
22 (22%)
Rhapsody2312 -The HotHouse
6 (6%)
Decima - There's no Place like Gnome!
14 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: March 29, 2013, 07:21:59 AM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 5 - Larger than Life  (Read 8995 times)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2013: 5 - Larger than Life
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »
Congratulations Saltpastillen !  An amazing entry and a well deserved win .

Every ones entry was just so brilliant . Thank you to samoht04, Ausette and Lilygirl for such a fantastic contest . So much creativity it just blows my mind . Well done every one !

I'm open to comments on my entry .

@ Gogowars329 : Very interesting subject to use as your object . I would've never thought of that. Love your color choices. Very well done .

@ Snufflesxx : I couldn't believe what you had chosen for your entry. It just blew my mind . What an amazing entry . Love all the reds .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 07:50:48 PM »
Well done Saltpastillen, your toybox was so cute.

@ladybug53:  loved that you also created the little table as well as the sectional.  The colours in the kitchen were striking but they looked exceptionally lovely in your master bedroom; loved the picture you took of that room.

@Snufflesxx: what a great idea to use Bonehilda's coffin.  My favourite room was your children's room.  Loved how the tree was reminiscent of aged bones.

@Gogowars329: that was really creative, loved the layout inside and blue poolish (sorry that is not a word) colourway that you chose. Your tester sims jump of the 'normal' sized diving board was so exhuberant, looked like so much fun.

I enjoyed seeing all the entries and how different they were.  Shame we could only vote for three!

Thanks again, samoht04, Aussette and Lilygirl. That was a very interesting contest.

I'm open to comments too. Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 08:54:27 PM »
Very well-deserved, Saltpastillen! The idea was imaginative and well-executed and was absolutely adorable.

I loved all of the entries, and truth be told it was difficult to choose only three.

Gogowars329: I loved the aquatic theme and your use of that one particular bubble pattern. The ambiance of your build was very soothing.

Snufflesxx: The creepy theme fit very well with your object of choice. I imagine your place to be that haunted house that the neighborhood kids try to avoid and dare each other to ring the doorbell. Very clever!

ladybug53: I too enjoyed the fact that you incorporated the table. Two objects for the price of one! Your use of color was very nice as well.

Gheez: Okay, I admit to having a fondness for hamsters and any other rodents. The idea of living in a hamster house tickled me to no end. You picked a very challenging object to recreate, and did a pretty darn good job doing so. :)

This was another fun contest to get the creative juices flowing. I had a blast with this one for sure. I'm open to comments.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
Congrats Saltpastillen!  Everyone's entry was spectacular.  What a creative bunch! 

Snuffles:  Bonehilda's house is so charming, in a delightfully gothic way.  I love that you gave her a set of bonehildas to take care of her for a change.  Great decor, and the fact you gave her a kids room since she's such a fan of the nooboos is so sweet!

Gogowars:  I feel like a bit of a numpty right now - it wasn't until today I realized your diving board is built on the second story.  My eyes didn't understand the perspective and saw the house as being a blue block at the end of a long pool in the second picture in your post.  :-[  Now that I fully understand its genius, I love it even more than I already did!  The way you used the patterns and recolours to evoke an aquatic feel inside the rooms was quite glorious.  Very lovely build!

Ladybug:  Your build was really impressive.  Doing a whole living set in large scale was a massive undertaking (pardon the pun  ;) ) but you pulled it off masterfully.

Gheez:  The hamster house is so adorable.  The way you ran with the bright, colourful, hamster toy theme through the rest of the build was great.  Really creative use of objects to recreate the look!

RaiaDraconis:  You really captured the Al Simharan theme and look in your build.  I loved the details, furniture choice, and colours.  The house feels like it's ready to be placed in the Egypt vacation world.  I have a wee suggestion (if budget allows) - painting the outside of the basement walls.  It's completely unnecessary, truth be told, but the only thing missing from such a complete build. :)

Comments on my build are always welcome.  It was such an unusual contest with suprisingly clever (and liveable!) results.  Thanks Samoht, Lilygirl, and Ausette for putting it together!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 01:52:52 AM »
Thank you everyone for the nice comments. Vinyl I noticed that the photo I used didn't really show as much as I wanted it to when the voting had started.

@Snuffles You had a really good idea for a build and executed it really well. I really liked the bedroom and the study.

@ladybug Your sectional turned out really well and was a great idea. I loved how you also built the table. The inside had a great colour scheme and the light blue was just the right colour. You also used the small space of the sectional very well.

@Gheez A hamster house, an ingenious idea! I loved it. I could see everything you put up in the enclosure area in the actual object. I did think the bedroom floor was a bit too blue but the amazing man cave area made up for that.

@RaiaDraconis The boxed tree looked incredibly real and Egyptian, inside and outside. I loved how you fit everything into the small house.

@Vinyl The fairy bungalow was made incredibly. It must have been tough to get the stairs up to the bungalow but it looks amazing. Other than the bright lights that made me dizzy, your build was amazing and worthy of coming second.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 05:18:26 AM »
As always I'm open to comments on my build.

@Snufflesxx - Delightfully Gothic! I love how you used the columns to replicate the boning effect on the exterior.

@Gogowars -Great concept! I love the color choices, and the 2 bathrooms next to the staircase. Also, the screenshots you use to show your houses always add so much character. That is truly inspiring.

@Ladybug - Your use of colors in the interior decorating blew me away as always. The layout seems great for playing in.

@Gheez -  Loved, loved, loved your hamster house! It was so fun. Kudos to how you interpreted the exterior in your entry.

@Raia Draconis - It was great to see a vacation home. I find it so hard to use some WA stuff, so it's great to have a house where they all fit in. I liked how you created a canopy over the bed in the master bedroom.

@ Vinyl - As soon as you posted your entry I was kicking myself for not thinking of it before. But I couldn't very well post a second fairy house, now could I? I think you nailed the exterior to a tee, and the inside is a lovely psychedelic mess. Now we can all party at the fairy house at our leisure.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 05:40:48 AM »
@ladybug - I loved your entry because it looked so pretty and polished! I liked the interior layout and design, too!

@Vinyl - I love your entry SO much! I've never seen a better fairy house in Sims and, like saltpastillen, I couldn't believe that I didn't think of making the fairy house! You executed it perfectly!

@Raia Draconis - Your build was so delightfully simple. The interior matched the exterior so well and it is lovely to look at. I think it would fit perfectly into Al Simhara!

@Gheez - Your build is the perfect pet house! You used great substitutes for the hamster house objects.

@Gogowars - A diving board house! I just loved all the different shades of blue inside and the layout is divine!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 08:18:46 AM »
Thanks all!  Your comments had me giggling - while dizzy causing wasn't intentional, I couldn't resist going overboard with the gobos and confetti.  Fairies don't seem like they'd be able to restrain themselves from using as many ooh, shiny lights as possible!   ;)

Saltpastillen:  Your colour work is always so lovely - it makes Maxis look colourblind!  ;)  The recolour of the drifting seed pattern you used on the kitchen chairs was simply stunning.  Your builds are always so detailed and well-arranged, and this one was no exception.  Beautiful work!

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 09:40:10 AM »
Thanks for all the comments . This was such a fun and creative contest . Every time someone would post their entry I think my jaw hit the floor . Such creativity , you all deserved to win .

@ Gheez - I just love your Hamster House . What a great choice for your object . You did amazing work to make it look just like it should . Really like all the blues you used . Awesome building .

@ RaiaDraconis - Your entry just blew me away ! It has such a relaxing look to it . I just love the awning you used in the bedroom , what a great idea. Very creative .

@ Vinyl - Your Fairy Bungalow is so precious . The decor and color are just perfect for the fairies . Loved the way you dressed your sims . Your landscaping is amazing . 
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Jaaaaks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 08:11:40 PM »
Wow! Congratulations to all those who toughed it out and managed to create such fabulous houses. I was considering entering but once I saw the entries and the amazing levels of talent I knew I was toast.

Congratulations again. What a fantastic contest!

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 09:47:55 AM »
I'm on my mobile so I can't leave comments for everyone except to say well done to everyone on fantastic builds and congratulations to Saltpastillen. The houses were amazing and as soon as I can get online on a pc I'll leave more in depth comments.

I'm open to comments on my build. Thanks to the organizers for another great contest.
Listen to the mustn'ts child, Listen to the don'ts;
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts.
Listen to the never-haves, then listen close to me;
Anything can happen, child; anything can be.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 01:36:22 PM »
@Rhapsody - I think you did a great job on the exterior of your build. What really made it great for me was the rooftop pool. Who wouldn't want to live in that house!

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »
I'm on my mobile so I can't leave comments for everyone except to say well done to everyone on fantastic builds and congratulations to Saltpastillen. The houses were amazing and as soon as I can get online on a pc I'll leave more in depth comments.

I'm open to comments on my build. Thanks to the organizers for another great contest.

Your build was amazing, but it looks like the lower pool area is more of a rectangle than a square. Is it just that perspective in the screenshots?

anything