Author Topic: Triggers for the 'Gotta Blog' moodlet?  (Read 27779 times)

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
Triggers for the 'Gotta Blog' moodlet?
« on: March 10, 2013, 04:03:02 AM »
Hey everyone,
I'm just starting to get my sim into the blog app, and I've seen that if the sim has that gotta blog moodlet they have an amazing post.  I trying to find all they ways to trigger this moodlet, so I can get to a 5 star blog. So far I only have:
New Friend
Kissing
New romance
First woohoo
Coming home from work
Skipping work (also happens on seasonal holidays)

Does anyone know of any others?

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: Triggers for the 'Gotta Blog' moodlet?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 04:17:56 AM »
Hi, Lytaren. Yes, they are~!

I have found 'Gotta Blog' when I (it's in personal theme):
- Being mean
- Woohoo (not only first time, everytime your sims do it, it will trigger)
- Have a new child
- Change career
- Promotion
- Death
- Breaking up

And for additional info:
If you change the blog theme it will be have a different condition to get the trigger. There are three of them: Personal, Review and News. Just beware though that you can lost your follower that way if you decided to change while you're in your current theme. It will be safe if you after reaching 5 star and decided to sell an old blog and start new. In case of Review blog theme, you only can trigger the 'Gotta Blog' when you eat at restaurant or see a movie something like that that goes same with News it will be different. I haven't try News yet.

I will update it if I find more. My sims already get a 5 star blog by the way, so far I can reach it with only having the same trigger but of course not to abuse it often lol  ;D

And a quick tips for reaching 5 star blog:
'Gotta Blog' moodlet surely is great, but you don't know when that you will get them. Just try to blog often, but take some time. It's will be not Amazing like when you have a moodlet. But, Great is not bad either.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 05:34:59 AM »
Thanks,
I didn't know about the one for being mean, I never have sims be mean to others.
I found that you also get the moodlet for:
Getting engaged and getting married.
Does posting photos help to gain stars I wonder?

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 05:44:29 AM »
You're welcome ;D

Yes, the 'Gotta Mood' for new love. And I found it's also strange when your loved one death,
the 'Gotta Mood' that you get is about new love.

No, it doesn't. In my game there's no change in star and followers (even a slight change), it's just show how many who likes your photo depend on how many your followers. I think that's just additional feature to have fun.

Additional info: It's seem that you can change blog theme change safely if you go enroll to University. When you arrive in the destination there will be 'Create a New Blog', but do not worry your stat is still same as you post before. This is work to when you travel back home, the 'Create A New Blog' too will appear and no harm done from it. This is work too when you're traveling.

My Stories:

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 06:36:41 AM »
For the News blog, you can trigger the "Gotta Blog" moodlet by improving a skill. Learning a new skill (achieving level 1) doesn't work, you have to improve it. I believe you can also trigger the "Gotta Blog" moodlet when you increase your social status in one of the three groups but I can't really confirm it yet.

Offline Miravlix

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 09:32:58 AM »
The news blog gives you a "Gotta Blog" moodlet every time you pick up a gem.

I wonder if any of the others react to collecting stuff.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 01:56:56 PM »
I believe you can also trigger the "Gotta Blog" moodlet when you increase your social status in one of the three groups but I can't really confirm it yet.

Unfortunately, that's not happening in my game. This is the proof:

She's at lv 7 Nerd that time.

My Stories:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 04:48:40 PM »
Unfortunately, that's not happening in my game. This is the proof:

She's at lv 7 Nerd that time.

Yeah, but was her blog a news blog? That seems to have been the type Orange was talking about.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 05:59:51 PM »
I wouldn't be posting that if her blog wasn't news. She's received the "Gotta Blog" moodlet as Orange say about improving skill though.
But, I still have my doubt because she's starting her news blog when she already was at level 6 nerd, this screenshot was taken when she's level up into lv.7 nerd. Maybe when she's not joining any social group there's a chance for that 'Gotta Blog' moodlet? I'll check it out with my other sims.

I'll update it when I found something. And I haven't try about what Miravlix say.

My Stories:

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 06:50:54 PM »
The news blog gives you a "Gotta Blog" moodlet every time you pick up a gem.

I wonder if any of the others react to collecting stuff.

My scientist sim obtained the "Gotta Blog" moodlet every time she caught a fish. Made it a pretty nice way to level it up.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 07:45:59 PM »
My scientist sim obtained the "Gotta Blog" moodlet every time she caught a fish. Made it a pretty nice way to level it up.

Ah, thanks Mikeyspoons for additional info. I have try what Miravlix say too. It's seem there's a chance for collectable stuff give you a trigger. My three sims are taking vacation at Champ Les Sims right now so they can't confirm about seeds yet. Fish and Gems both trigger the moodlet, but strangely Insect don't have the trigger, I have try this twice. Oh, yeah I don't have Pets installed, so I don't know if they are more information out there.

My update:

I found some exciting news!
Unfortunately leveling up into group doesn't trigger the 'Gotta Blog' moodlet. In case my sims Thomas was a lv 10 rebel and lv 5 jock and he try to befriend his father who lv. 10 nerd. When he's level up into Lv.1 nerd, no 'Gotta Blog' moodlet.

But! If you meet another group and socialize with them you will trigger the moodlet.
This was happen after Thomas do socialize a lot with his father this is happen before he become a nerd like his father.
This is the proof:

But, I still doubt it. At 12 am, both Thomas and Emmanuel got the same moodlet 'Gotta Blog About Members Of Community' like Thomas previously do. I'm kinda confused here because Manu is currently hunting at collecting stuffs and Thomas is sleeping in his vacation home with his father.

And i found something interesting! Why don't you try to take a look what 'new post' will give you about. Check your Blog App and try to create a new post. They sometimes post about random things and that's kinda a hint ;D

Update: As I can get, yes! The information that they posting at random when 'Gotta Mood' around is provided more information than we expected. They say something about fire, witnessing death, metal, fortune teller... It's seem when a burglar come into your house will too you'll have a chance to trigger the moodlet.

To Orange Iguana and ladyyaya, I'm sorry if my post before offend you somehow. I posted that when I'm not in good mood. Sorry. And thank you Orange for provided the information about improving a skills. She's (in last post) trigger the moodlet :)

*notes: there a more picture that can show you more information but i don't want to break forum rules. The limit is five, so I'll post it in another post :)

My Stories:

Offline Jimbob0i0

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 03:18:48 PM »
I'm still trying to work these out myself ...

However on the review blog my sim writes a book (yay royalties!) and then when the complimentary copy arrives reads that and then blogs about it... quite cheeky don't you think?

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 04:21:55 AM »
All these are great! I had one of my sims make a news blog and I found it much easier to gain followers.  Walking around town and meeting random sims triggered the gotta blog about members of the community.  Exciting to hear about the collecting gems and catching fish. 
Unfortunately I can't play for the rest of the week but ill be trying these out for myself over the weekend.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 04:41:16 AM »
That's great, Lytaren! Thanks for the info! So I can verify the confusing thing about Thomas and his father in previous post. I remember that there's a paparazzi that lurking around that time. I am not sure about this yet, but maybe that what trigger the moodlet, when I read Lytaren post.

I found another way to get followers and raising the blog star easier with Personal Theme.
It's up to you if you want use it or not. This is what you all have to do:
- Purchase a moodlet manager, when you deal with a negative moodlet from too much blogging, use it.
- Make sure you have maxed you Social Networking Skill
- Meet a new Sims
- Use Relationship Transmogrifier App to change the friendship level with desired sims one by one, this should trigger the 'Gotta Blog' moodlet. Example: Make Nick Alto into Friend, after that the moodlet appear and you can use 'Gotta Blog' thing, after finished use the RT again change it to Good Friend, it's surely will appear again until you get Best Friend, sure the moodlet will appear again and you can do it as much as you like. Or you can change it again into a Stranger and repeat that as much as you like.

Notes: You can be a meanie at first time you meet too, as it will trigger the moodlet and just use Relationship Transmogrifier thing again. It's quite a handy!

Hope it will help you guys, if you want another easier way!

My Stories:

Offline McNuggle

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »
Well I made the mistake one never should, I posted without searching the forums first....

So to save time here is my original post.... :-X

Ok so I havent seen much info out there about this so I will try to share what I know. Please ignore my bad grammar and odd capitalisation...

Ok so as we all know there are three different types of blogs... Personal, Review, and News.  I know a few triggers but not much I will try to update this post with what y'all share.

Here is some general info for the "Gotta blog"...

*You can only have one "gotta blog" at a time, so say you have a "Kissed" trigger then you, without blogging about it, got a "woohooed" trigger the woohoo overrides the kissed. So blog ASAP, since you cannot save up those gotta blog moments.

* I think they are all of equal value, so a woohoo is just as good as a kissed.

* Even "Gotta blog" blog posts will trigger the "Blogged out" moodlet so be careful.

Finally if I put the name of a "gotta blog" trigger in parentheses then that means I forgot the official name...

Personal "Gotta Blogs"

Newfound Friendship ~ I am pretty sure you get this any time you meet a new person or increase the friendship levels. I do Know that say SimA becomes bestfriends with SimB  that will trigger the moodlet, if you then become enemies with SimB, then become besties again you get the moodlet again. (This is a good way to farm for followers)

Was Mean ~ I think you get this from using a "fight" interaction (Yell/slap/etc) how often you get this one I am not sure, I have tried back to back mean actions and it didn't go.

"WooHoo-ed"  (Not sure real name) ~ I think you can get this daily, from well woohooing... again I am not sure about how often you get this.

"First Kiss" ~ Got this for the first kiss

"Kissed" (Again forgot the actual name) ~ Now I am not sure if this is just kissing your loved one or kissing someone with the good kisser trait since my blogger sim was married to a good kisser... This was a daily thing as well....

"Promotion" (Forgot the name again) ~ Self explanatory.

Review "Gotta blogs"

"Ate at ...." ~ Simple eat out, this one was able to be done once for each time you eat out, without cheating this was the most reliable way of getting the "Gotta blog moodlet... until I found the...

"Read ____" (Forgot the name) ~ You get this one each time you finish a book... with comic books this is a cheap and fast way to trigger the moodlet. I think it only works once per book though so unless you are a writer or are willing to read a ton of different books this is not unlimited. (Unless you can re-read for the moodlet)

"Upgraded something" (Again I forgot) ~ You get this with upgrading objects! I am pretty sure it is each time you upgrade not just once per item.

"Bought something"  ~ I noticed sometimes (not everytime) when you buy something the moodlet will trigger. I think, key word think, that you have to buy an item above a certain value...

"Watch film" ~ Watch a movie in the theatre...  this can be used as often as you can watch movies.

News"Gotta blogs"

I got nothing... I spent some time with one but I never got a moodlet so if others can help?