Author Topic: File not loading  (Read 1888 times)

Offline honeylamb

• Llama Wrangler
File not loading
« on: March 27, 2013, 12:08:27 AM »
I have tried clearing caches(sp) and doing the factory reset. This has improved the theoretical load time, but my file gets almost all the way loaded and then just sits. I just manually aborted after an hour of waiting for my file to load. I have not tried creating a new game file yet to see if the problem persists, that will be a project for tomorrow. I have not deleted my old game file, just renamed it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline honeylamb

• Llama Wrangler
Re: File not loading
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 11:52:23 PM »
OK, a new file works just fine. So I'm guessing that means the problem is in my game file? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 08:05:04 AM »
Honeylamb, hello.  Sorry that no one has been able to answer this one yet.  It has me foxed too. 

I can make only one suggestion, without much confidence that it will help.  If you have WA, you might try replacing the meta files, if the fault is there then it may do the trick. 

It sounds as if your game has become corrupted.  "Fixing/Recovering Saved Game - Saved Game Not in Game Launcher or Corrupted", the sticky above, has lots of suggestions for dealing with corrupted files and includes details of how to replace WA metta files.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline honeylamb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:20:44 PM »
That you for the suggestion Wai. I have WA, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, and University as well as Monte Vista, Aurora Skies, and the greenhouse pack. I'll look at that sticky and see if that helps. Here's hoping I don't have to abandon my Sims :(

Offline honeylamb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »
Update:

I went into the saves file and saw the file name XYZ.sims3.bad   I'm assuming that's the problem, here's hoping the backup works! Good thing I hadn't saved long before I quit.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 06:31:05 AM »
XYZ.sims3.bad is a corrupted savegame. Must stay away from the .bad savegames files.

Offline honeylamb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:22:13 AM »
Unfortunately, the backup file will not load either. It sits on the load bar for at least an hour before I get fed up and manually terminate the process.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything