Author Topic: Baby Not Coming  (Read 4119 times)

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
Baby Not Coming
« on: March 29, 2013, 02:41:01 PM »
everything was normal, all 5 members of family (including a mummy) were functioning normally and the baby started coming. I had no idea there was a problem until the pregnant mom (Georges Sand) didn't have the baby but instead got kicked out of the hospital.

I tried reset Sim, but didn't help her. She kept trying to give birth at home...baby icon flashing on and off.

Then I tried the fix where you evict the family in Edit Town, and move them in somewhere else. Didn't help. Still get kicked out of the hospital.

What's your operating system, Windows or Mac?
  A: Windows XP 2002 Servicepack 3
Are you using Mods or CC? (without getting too specific)
  A: no mods or custom content
What Expansion and Stuff packs do you have?
  A: Ambitions, Late Nite, World Adventures, Generations, Seasons,
When did you last uninstall/reinstall the game?
  A: Did a factory reset following Forum guidelines on date: 12/24/2012; and it seemed to have no effect on performance and saving issues I was having. sadly.
     Uninstalled: Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Outdoor Living and Master Suite Stuff on date: 03/17/2013. This seemed to help performance, but still getting error 12 saves.

Is your game up to date? What is your current version?
  A: latest game update: 16.0.136.022017

I usually remember to delete all the "package" cache files before starting up. I also check DCbackup although usually there's only one 1 kb file in it "ccmerge" and I don't always delete that.

Previously played same family and baby was born but error 12 save caused me to lose that game. And previous to that, I had moved out another family member and summoned the mummy. All that seemed to go fine.

I guess I'm not interested in reinstalling, although if more of my games get this buggy I might. I have an older version of the game, I can try getting her pregnant again and hoping for the best.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Baby NOT coming
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 04:32:05 PM »
What exactly happens when she gets kicked out of the hospital?  Have you let her try to have the baby at home? What exactly happened?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:44:20 PM »
She walks into the hospital. waiting. She is standing outside the hospital. She walks into the hospital. waiting. she is standing outside the hospital. repeat.

When I reset sim, she stood inside her house, sometimes cramping in pain, and the icon at the top left of the screen that shows actions showed the blue & yellow pacifier image, then went away, then again showed the pacifier, then disappeared, then again showed the pacifier, the vanished, then reappeared repeat.

not much is happening, and all the other family members are getting on with their lives, but she is stuck in this endless lack of action. it's weird.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:37:31 PM »
Are they a family that you saved to the library, and, if so, was she pregnant at the time that you saved the family? I had that same issue under those circumstances, but didn't find a solution.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 01:30:46 AM »
Are they a family that you saved to the library, and, if so, was she pregnant at the time that you saved the family? I had that same issue under those circumstances, but didn't find a solution.

I got a bad glitch from that. To save the file, I actually had to just delete all traces of the pregnant sim with testingcheats.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
Re: Baby Not Coming
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 06:32:20 AM »
I got exactly a problem like this too. Luckily it's not in my family.

The city I'm playing is Sunset Valley. The sim that got stuck is Pauline Wan.
First time I saw her, I thought she just going on labor. A few days after that, I still see her in front of her house -making the delivering faces- and pushing and screaming.
Out of pity, one of my family member took her to the hospital, but she kept getting kicked out like what happened with 'harmless'.

So, I tried to reset her; and then visit her house again to see if it worked. Nope. Still didn't work.
She still making faces, pushing, and screaming.

I even trying to use the testingcheatsenabled true and then try to make her household the active one. Didn't work too.

It says quote"Script error Pauline Wan"unquote.

I'm at lost at what happened. Any help please?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 06:45:20 AM »

I usually remember to delete all the "package" cache files before starting up. I also check DCbackup although usually there's only one 1 kb file in it "ccmerge" and I don't always delete that.

I thought we aren't supposed to delete .ccmerged? :S

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 08:23:22 AM »
I got exactly a problem like this too. Luckily it's not in my family.

The city I'm playing is Sunset Valley. The sim that got stuck is Pauline Wan.
First time I saw her, I thought she just going on labor. A few days after that, I still see her in front of her house -making the delivering faces- and pushing and screaming.
Out of pity, one of my family member took her to the hospital, but she kept getting kicked out like what happened with 'harmless'.

So, I tried to reset her; and then visit her house again to see if it worked. Nope. Still didn't work.
She still making faces, pushing, and screaming.

I even trying to use the testingcheatsenabled true and then try to make her household the active one. Didn't work too.

It says quote"Script error Pauline Wan"unquote.

I'm at lost at what happened. Any help please?

Well, this was the exact description of my bug. Only solution being to delete her.  In my Legacy,  Bebe Hart got stuck,  she almost doomed the file.

Fausta Legacy

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 09:11:10 AM »
Well, this was the exact description of my bug. Only solution being to delete her.  In my Legacy,  Bebe Hart got stuck,  she almost doomed the file.

so no other way than to delete her completely?

well, if so I really hope you do have a spare save file that hadn't bugged 'harmless'  :D
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 10:29:09 AM »
so no other way than to delete her completely?

well, if so I really hope you do have a spare save file that hadn't bugged 'harmless'  :D
I tried everything!  Even mods, the only way was to delete her.

Fausta Legacy

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »
Harmlessoldlady, you can use Nraas MasterController with MasterControllerCheats module and then select your pregnant sim in live mode, click her nras/advanced/ end pregnancy option that will remove the pregnancy .  ;)

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 12:55:41 PM »
Oh well. Thanks everyone for your comments. A little comfort in that I'm not the only one.
>>azokka, the bug occurred before saving to the library. I did try the "evict, save, new neighborhood play, save, return" as outlined in another forum entry...but the pregnant bug remains. That process was successful on another different sim interaction bug, but not this one. ah well.

Happily I have an older version of the family before she got preggers, so I will go back to that.
I can't really see deleting her since she is the founder of the family. She already has 2 kids, one Young Adult and one teen, and I gave her Young Again and wanted to add to the family.
I have done a lot of first time experiments with this family, so I guess I have to expect bugs from time to time.
I have learned to save more, with many special save names, so I might be able to travel back in time when I do something that upsets the game.
Comforting to have a forum where we can share these mishaps and possible solutions. ;D

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Baby Not Coming--SOLVED!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »
I went cruising in the EA forums (of all places!) and found the same problem I'm having (posted under "Pregnancy glitch" in the technical forum http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/397988.page#10637863.)

And the answer posted by sunsetblast is that I moved the pregnant sim out of the family into an empty house using the standard "move" function. While she was out of my control, she had the baby within hours, and then in Edit town merged the mom and baby back into the household. Sunsetblast says I can change the baby's traits in CAS, but I don't know how to do that. I think I've seen it in this forum somewhere, though.

And, yes, lesson learned. I save all my families like a maniac with different "save as" names, whenever anything good happens or just every few minutes. It gets a little confusing, but I move the extras into another folder when the saves pile up. I now have backups. yay.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
Sadly, although the baby Lisette was born, and I did move her back in, adjust her traits with testingcheatsenabled; additional bugs have ruined the family. Another sim, guitar level 9, is unable to learn any of the songs she purchased. Her only option is "give gift." I checked her skill journal, and she does not know the songs and has the levels to learn them, but EA has unsolved problems with this old game and X pack.

Also the character who had the baby, my darling Georges Sand, even though I had her adventure rewards [Pangu's Ax, Eyes of Horus] carefully transferred to the family inventory before I moved her out, somehow they disappeared during the transition. I think I can get them back using the buydebug cheat, but, well, I wonder what else will go wrong in this family and neighborhood as I try to cheat myself back to a workable happy family.

I am disappointed.

anything