Author Topic: Problem in uploading a garden  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Problem in uploading a garden
« on: March 30, 2013, 12:00:44 PM »
I have followed the instructions but instead of a paperclip, I get what looks like some pages attached to each other.  Did as stated, went to the showboat board and cut/pasted the photos to the swap post so the pictures can be seen and it shows in the browse all of the info that the example shows, yada yada export/ 3simpack in the browse box. 

I had switched the photos to individual file folders so photos are in groups, not just spread about.  Could that be the problem?

Do I need to redo the photos, use the ones that are still in the screenshots folder, make another post on the showboat thread and delete the one that is there? 

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: Problem in uploading a garden
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
Hi Janna,  I'd love to try and help but I can't see the post that you have a problem with.  Would you be able to give a link?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:25:01 AM »
Sorry it too so long in responding.  I deleted the attempt, as I wasn't sure what it would do and didn't want to create a problem.

Basically, I went through the steps listed in how to upload a house (in this case a garden) to the Swap Shop.  Went to the section of attachment then browse, Doc . . . Sim3Pack  cut and pasted from the Showboat thread the pictures.

Went to preview to see how it looked and instead of a paperclip there was what you normall see, when you post the message box where it states standard and pick which ever one that fits your post.

What doesn't make sense is why didn't the paperclip show up?  The photoes were there, and the attachment section looked as if it was filled in right  (it matched where I had posted a previous garden).  Tried it twice and same results. 

The only thing that I could think of what was different, and it shouldn't have mattered, was that I had taken the photoes in sceenshots and set them in separate folders for each garden.  Had used photoes for Showboat from that folder instead of the ones that appear in the screenshot group.
But that doesn't make sense, as they showed up fine on the Showboat thread. 

I'm going to retry later today, maybe it was a glitch for that day.  Had a lot going on over the weekend and did some work on another garden instead of trying to post that one. 

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »
Looks like you've solved it.  ;D  The thread in Houses and Lots looks fine, as does the attachment, only one issue: one of picture links seems to be broken.  This one -  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/gallery/albums/userpics/10511/Culinary_Garden_redone_patio_area_2.jpg - is not showing up.  If you click on it, it says that the page is not found.

Lovely looking garden, by the way. Vibrant and really useful - not just for the serious cooks amongst our sims.