Author Topic: New format for forum?  (Read 1956 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
New format for forum?
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:55:06 AM »
I seem to have noticed a difference in the forum set up just recently. There are no "unread posts...." things (2 of them) at the top left. Instead there is a "unread posts" on the right. Just wanted to check that this is an intentional change, and that the new "unread posts" button will do the same purpose as the old 2 links on the top left?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New format for forum?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 08:13:25 AM »
I seem to have noticed a difference in the forum set up just recently. There are no "unread posts...." things (2 of them) at the top left. Instead there is a "unread posts" on the right. Just wanted to check that this is an intentional change, and that the new "unread posts" button will do the same purpose as the old 2 links on the top left?

I just previewed the Grasslands theme you're using and it looks like the buttons are still there and in the right place? It's all still right on the blue theme I use.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 08:18:14 AM »
I still have the two unread post links in the top left under my name like always.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 05:28:44 PM »
Oh then I have no idea what's wrong with mine! I first noticed the change on my phone, but then checked the computer, and it's changed here too. There's the top with the logo for the guide, and the title of the forum, then instead of having the two unread posts links, it goes straight to the row with links to "home, the sims 3 guide, gallery..."

:(

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 05:33:17 PM »
Oh then I have no idea what's wrong with mine! I first noticed the change on my phone, but then checked the computer, and it's changed here too. There's the top with the logo for the guide, and the title of the forum, then instead of having the two unread posts links, it goes straight to the row with links to "home, the sims 3 guide, gallery..."

I think I know what it is. On the top right, beside Carl and Pam's The Sims 3 Forum, there is a white arrow-y thing(it should be pointing down, if I think I know what your problem is). Click it. :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
Could it be part of your personal settings or your browser settings?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 05:39:56 PM »

I think I know what it is. On the top right, beside Carl and Pam's The Sims 3 Forum, there is a white arrow-y thing(it should be pointing down, if I think I know what your problem is). Click it. :)

Yeah that sounds like the issue you have. :) I remember having that once, I was all confused, Lol. Turns out it was just a simple click had hidden that pannel.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 09:21:32 PM »
Oh yes I clicked it and it went back to normal! Thanks so much for the help everyone :)