Author Topic: Dopplegangers in Starlight Shores  (Read 4049 times)

Offline janiene99

• Nooboo
Dopplegangers in Starlight Shores
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:21:39 PM »
I recently created a household of 4 Sims and a cat. It's three sisters - Cate, Carlie and Cassidy Hillingsbrook and Cassidy's boyfriend. Cassidy is a singer and at one of her gigs I noticed a Sim who looked just like Cate. When I hovered over her it said Cate Hillingsbrook, Mixoligist.  :o Doppelganger Cate got in her car and I followed her to a place where she and Doppelganger Carlie - also a mixoligist - were bar tending. I could only follow one of them home and I followed Cate to the park, when I teleported my real Cate there the other one walked up to the swings and disappeared.
They look exactly the same, same face, hair, clothes, and even make-up.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if they had their real sim interact with the other one, were they related or just acquaintances? Thanks.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Dopplegangers in Starlight Shores
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 09:27:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Did you have your Sims recently travel or go to Uni?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline janiene99

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »
No, I don't have sims 3 University and this household hasn't traveled yet. The other sim, the male, met himself at work.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 10:02:11 PM »
You didn't accidentally place them twice right?

Other than this seems like a really weird glitch.  There was one in the beginning of Showtime where the game would spawn multiples of the proprietors by accident and I wonder if this is associated.  Do you use mods or CC?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline janiene99

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 10:10:45 PM »
Oh and thank you for the welcome :). I don't use any mods or custom content. I will double check on placing them twice though, thank you.

Offline janiene99

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 10:27:10 PM »
They're NPCs I think because I can't find them in a household in Edit Town. I suppose I could add them to my househld using cheats and then evict them.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »
I believe Pam had this with the Dreamweavers, or in another file - regardless, I remember her posting about an Oliver clone.

I think the game just "borrows" the structure of Sims you create. When you think about it, it has to remember the facial structure for Sims and everything, it probably just confused what's yours and what is its.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline janiene99

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 10:41:19 PM »
Ah, very true. It's a little bit creepy seeing copies of my sims around town though. At least my sims can be best friends with themselves. Thank you very much   ;D

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »
I've had this happen, before I got expansion packs...and the clones got a household and everything!

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 12:33:04 PM »
I just recently had a clone pop up in my game. In my immortal dynasty, my sculptor was doing an ice sculpture of his daughter. He froze and I had to reset him and somehow a clone was created of the daughter with the exact same name. She didn't disappear and was in the relationship panel.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 07:45:36 AM »
Once,with my second ever sims 3 file, there was that too, but I think it's just a bug. And I think it's funny as long as it doesn't cause lag.

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 08:37:01 PM »
I feel you, but mine was different. In my dynasty, after the founder came home from a vacay, a doppleganger of her appeared as a paparazzi. Luckily she didn't come back :). Just hope she goes away soon is all I can tell you.
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 08:37:20 AM »
It might be because you save your sim in the library (or sim-bin, whichever you prefer).
The game sometimes take the people in the bin into the game you play when they 'detect' the needs of new sims in the vicinity.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty