Author Topic: Asylum story Advice  (Read 2609 times)

Offline IGT

• Nooboo
Asylum story Advice
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »
Hey simmers.

I'm New to this website and forum as you can see by the amount of posts I have, hehe.  I do want to start a story or a challenge but am not sure which one to start. Maybe just a regular family story or a random asylum house?

I do have couple questions to ask before I start:
1. If I update my story line approx. 2 or 3 times a week is it a normal update time frame? I will have some screenshots in my posts but not too much unless its funny or so.
2. If I do start an asylum story/house story where will I post it? Not sure if I missed a sub-forum for asylum stories or not?

Any advice for my story? Or any settings that I should have when doing my story?

Thanks,
IGT

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: which one?!so many....
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »
Hi yourself.

If you are interested in posting a story about one of your families, the misc. story category would be best. If you want to post a story of one of our projects, such as the asylum one, project stories is where it should go. A great tip would be to always start your thread with a post about what your story is going to be about, and it it's a project story - please link to the project so people know what rules you follow.

2-3 times a week seems pretty normal. It is also common for people to update a lot for a couple of days and then not at all for a while. It really depends on how often you play. There are no rules about how often you have to update your story.

If you are just starting out I would suggest following a project and just cataloging what your sims are up to, I'm sure they will give you all the inspiration you need.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline IGT

• Nooboo
Re: which one?!so many....
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:17:31 PM »
Thanks for the advice saltpastillen.  I didn't see any asylum Rules in the project forum so I'm assuming that I can do what ever I decide, I will post an introduction for the story when I start it.

The reason I'm going to update it 2 or 3 times a week is because I only play on my days off etc. which come up to 2 days off a week unless I have free time.

More advice is always welcome especially from people that have done the asylum challenge before! :)