Author Topic: Career Choices  (Read 5346 times)

Offline amber1195

• Llama Wrangler
Career Choices
« on: April 27, 2013, 08:20:32 PM »
What is the career you pick the most for your Sims? And do you have a reason for picking it?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Career Choices
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 08:25:10 PM »
There is no right answer to this type of question.   Everyone will always have a different answer and a different opinion.   

I'm moving this to the correct board which is the Career board.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amber1195

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »
It's simply just a question, seeing everyone's opinions. That's all it is, not a poll.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »
All my single live alone Sims start off as self employed alchemists and abuse the hell out of the elixir shop. I always get to level 10 in a week in that career, make 150k or more, supermax the alchemy, fulfil the alchemy LTW, get to level 9 or better in science, max at least one other random skill, get several other skills started, make 10 or more best friends, and often have two star celebrity level in that first week. Then move on to my goal for said sim. No cheats needed to pull it off ether. The born sellsman, suave seller, elixir store, witch, alchemist combo is the easiest way to break the game wide open. I am addicted to min/maxing in games I play. So I will have to say self employed alchemist is my go to career as I have a hard time matching the start it gives any other way.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »
I don't bother with a career immediately.  I almost always start with a single sim on a vacant lot.  Buy as little as possible to survive then play guitar for tips, and friends (which. I consider, is more important as friends help all sorts of activities including career progression,) for a few days.  I get the seasoned traveller reward then take a trip to China or France to buy up and find as much gems and metal at possible.  Return home, join culinary career then transfigure all my travel gains into tiberium.  I like culinary because of the special fridge career reward.  As soon as the tiberium has grown, I sell it, and move sim into the desired home.  Complete the culinary career and then do whatever takes my fancy.  I quite like to complete the writing, nectar making and artist self employed options.  But, after the buying trip, my sim usually has so much money that it doesn't really matter about following a career.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Randox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 03:24:46 PM »
Probably my favourite right now is astronaut, just because it gives me a lot of time to work on other stuff. I've also enjoyed the political career just because it gives me an excuse to keep throwing my big parties, and accomplishes a useful function (promotions). I also liked the ghost hunter profession, though it can be attention consuming. Beats firefighter, which I find harder to keep an eye on.

Offline Zaki

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 07:48:34 PM »
I like Cooking a lot. I also like Political. Medical is nice too, but it annoys me so much when they are on call.

I am on the website Chicken Smoothie! My username is Miyazaki.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 09:11:09 PM »
I love the medical career too, mostly because I want to be a doctor!

Offline Sherida

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 10:07:24 PM »
I tend to opt for the sculptor career.
It can be maxed in a matter of hours with the Midas Touch Elixir.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 03:40:25 AM »
Mine varies. I only have the base game and LN, so careers are limited (and there's no self employment option). I tend to pick a career based on my Sims personality, or if i have a storyline going, I will choose a career that fits with that. I don't necessarily choose a career based on traits or skills.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 03:53:00 AM »
I always go for a painter with different traits just to see what they come out with, my favourite has to be perfectionists.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 05:02:10 AM »
I go with Culinary most often. It's mostly because it's my career of choice for Immortal Dynasty Founders, and I'm on attempt number 16 or something.

Offline Variosities

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 01:23:25 AM »
I like the Law Enforcement, Forensic Analyst because you get a laptop when you choose that branch. I usually quit pretty soon after that and live off collections, gardening, fishing, painting or writing.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 08:38:32 AM »
I usually just go with whatever their traits are, but I always have to have a painter and/or sculptor in the family, just because I'm an artsy person and it appeals to me. :)