Author Topic: Bake Sale Tips  (Read 31317 times)

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
Bake Sale Tips
« on: July 22, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »
I noticed a post on baking sales and it turns out many people are having trouble with this. This is a great way to earn some money for that easel or telescope or music box your child simmy has been BEGGING for, to earn some money for the parents if they are dirt poor, raise their cooking skill (and practice for the consignment store for when they get older) or just to have fun. Here is a little guide to start out. Please note this is a full day activity and this version is the expanded version. (meaning in this guide you'll make a ton of goods, but it makes more money)

First of all, you should do this on a weekend, since more sims are off work. Also, do NOT do this at your yard or theater. At the theater, people usually just go in for work or for the movie. At your house, only your neighbors will show up and they don't really buy anything.

Your child will need:

-A good night sleep
-A child's oven
-A baker's stand
-2 snacks, pick some up at the supermarket on your way to the park if you don't have any

1. Wake up your child around 6 to 7. Bake one plate of each baked good. You should be able to make chocolate stuff and the sugar cookies (and I think pie) by the time you finish, so go ahead and make a plate of those too.

2. By now, the newspaper should have arrived. Check the baking report. A popup in the right hand corner should show up about the baking report.

Pricing
If a flavor is below average, make that around 5 dollars. You should be find with one plate of this flavor.
If a flavor is near zero, make it around 2 or 3 dollars.  You should be fine with one plate of this flavor.
If a flavor is "the highest it has been in years!" make that flavor around 10 to 15 dollars. Also, bake two extra plates of this flavor.
If a flavor is above average, make this around 7 dollars. Bake an extra plate of this flavor.

The reason why you still bake plates of goods that are not popular is because sims may still buy those unpopular flavors, since they are are a real steal (since they are so cheap) and are still delicious. You can always use the extra cash.

3. Put all the baked goods and the baker's table in your inventory. Take a shower and use the bathroom. Also, grab 2 fruits or veggies from the fridge or at the supermarket (but don't go home if you go to the supermarket.) It's going to be a long day.

4. From home or the supermarket, go to the park and set up your baking stand. Put out your goods. Price them using the nifty bolded pricing thing up there. ^

5. It should be about 2 or 3 pm now that you are at the park, so there should be tons of people. Take care of needs when necessary. Stay out at the park until around 9 pm. (depending on how far the park is from home. Curfew is 10 pm.)

6. At around 9, make sure no more customers want to buy and finish up any you are helping. You should have sold around a quarter or half your goods. Collect your money (which should be around 50 dollars or more), take your bake goods, and pack up the table. Head home quick, the police may catch you!

Thanks for reading!

Offline SimMe

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Bake Sale Tips
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 02:25:22 PM »
I've never had a bake sale because I didn't really understand it but now I think I'll try it.  Thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 07:08:04 AM »
I know I'm reviving an old topic, but thanks so much for the info, Sidney! My Dynasty 2nd gen child is selling baked goods, so this is very helpful. Thanks again!  :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »
Anyone ever try doing this in a foreign country?  My dynasty heir gave it a shot yesterday  in France but absolutely no sales.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 05:01:51 PM »
I've never tried selling baked goods in a foreign country, but maybe it's like playing for tips in the travel destinations - don't bother.  Those holiday-makers and foreign sims just aren't interested!   ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 05:22:01 PM »
One thing different from the original post is that you don't have to take the baking table to the park.  You can set it up in your front yard and Sims will come to your house to look at the baked goods.  They don't always make a purchase, but they do come to you at home.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline geekgirl101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 09:21:10 PM »
A little note here is that the baking report gives some different results than what's mentioned.  I am assuming that goods that rise to, fall to, or remain average should stay at 5 simoleans.

Front gardens are ok for selling goods if you live in a busy part of the neighbourhood, but the problem with this is that sims that come to your stand will also become house guests and will want entertaining.  They will regularly interrupt your child selling cakes and your child will always want to do something at home like play the computer or watch TV.  If a sim comes to your table and your child isn't immediately tending to it or gets interrupted by other sims they will no longer want to buy from your table and will become house guests, thus creating more problems for your child trying to sell cakes.

Community lots are much more better providing they don't have too many community-based items to distract sims from visiting your stall (main parks, gyms and libraries are a bad idea.)  If a ghost shows up to buy your cakes you may as well move to a different lot (after they buy a cake of course!) or else every time a potential customer shows up they'll cancel interacting with your sale and express disapproval of the ghost.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything