Author Topic: CAS Contests - Rules and Instructions  (Read 11530 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: CAS Contests - Rules and Instructions
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 12:25:23 PM »
Can we take pictures in a store world (ie Sunlit Tides) so long as no store content is used in the actual CAS process?

Yes.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 12:27:33 PM »
Yeah! I'm starting this now. :D
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 08:10:23 PM »
So just to clarify - when we export as household from Edit Town, it needs to be a brand new Sim, yes? And also, where do we upload to? The Sims Exchange, or is there somewhere else that's recommended to use? I've never done this before, so I figured I'd check before I start clicking randomly. Thanks!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 10:45:01 PM »
So just to clarify - when we export as household from Edit Town, it needs to be a brand new Sim, yes? And also, where do we upload to? The Sims Exchange, or is there somewhere else that's recommended to use? I've never done this before, so I figured I'd check before I start clicking randomly. Thanks!

Yes, it should be a brand-new Sim.

The Sim would be uploaded here, as part of your contest entry.  This thread has a detailed explanation of how to upload a Sim into the Swap Shop.  When you are ready to post your contest entry, include the link with your post. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »
How about allowing people to make a collage of their photos in the separate thread to post in the contest thread? There are some really easy to use free collage sites, such as picmonkey that you can link to for an example of where to go to.

That will both keep down the number of photos and let people show more than one picture at a time. Of course only the pictures posted in the separate thread would be allowed.

We aren't allowed to use store items, (although the best Elvis clothes and hair ARE store items), because it wouldn't be fair to those who don't have any.  I think it would also be unfair to allow collages because not everyone is capable of making them and personally I feel they give a cluttered look.  You can't really see the individual entries sharply without having to click on each picture, and that doesn't work for everyone.  I think it would also be limiting to those on Macs but since I have a pc I can't say that for sure.  However, a work around for allowing more pictures to be shown, (although this was forbidden in other building contests), is to post a link to your online albums.  That way, those who wish to see more can and those who are satisfied with what they see in the threads here are happy too.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 01:38:36 PM »
We aren't allowed to use store items, (although the best Elvis clothes and hair ARE store items), because it wouldn't be fair to those who don't have any.  I think it would also be unfair to allow collages because not everyone is capable of making them and personally I feel they give a cluttered look.  You can't really see the individual entries sharply without having to click on each picture, and that doesn't work for everyone.  I think it would also be limiting to those on Macs but since I have a pc I can't say that for sure.  However, a work around for allowing more pictures to be shown, (although this was forbidden in other building contests), is to post a link to your online albums.  That way, those who wish to see more can and those who are satisfied with what they see in the threads here are happy too.

It depends on how a collage was made: e.g. if it was two images combined into one then it probably wouldn't be too bad but there is always the risk of not being able to clearly see the images. Besides you need to capture your voters from just this one image to make them look at the rest of your thread. Just a reminder that it doesn't have to just be the headshot - it can be any picture of your 10 that you choose! You can still have your 10 in the separate download threads but Schipperke would like to keep it to one image per post in the main contest threads. Besides you shouldn't judge an entry on how they present their upload - just the upload itself!  :)

Linking to Gallery Albums is allowed for the Building Contests, as long as there are only the maximum 10 images in there - including ones put in the posts. ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 10:27:57 AM »
Ladybug53 has raised a couple of good questions that other people may be wondering about, so I'm going to post the answers here.

1.  Is it ok to use the Motherlode Cheat to set up props for a photo shoot?  Yes.  The Sim you'll be uploading to the contest is the one in the library, not the copy you're using to take screenshots, so if you want to give extra money to the copy of your Sim for screenshot purposes, that's fine.

2.  Is it ok to use store content in the photo shoot (store furniture, etc)?  Regretfully, the answer to this one is no.  I know there are a lot of great store items that could be used to create a special effect in screenshots, but not everyone has access to store items, and we're trying to be fair to everyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
Please not that a new modification has been added to the rules:

• The entry must be solely your own work and must not be shared in another thread before or during the contest.  Please do not seek advice or input from other forum members regarding your entry until after the contest has closed.

I think that should be clear and understandable, but if there are any questions please say so.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 09:48:20 AM »
Hi, Schipperke. I'm interested to join the Elder Sims Style Contest but I don't sure myself how to start. This is my first time. So, any kind of help will be appreciated. I want to ask about this:
1.   I have seen that people entries who take a part to this contest were locked. Did they locked that themselves or that's the challenge team to do that?
2.   So, I only need post my entry and then I should post the summary into the current contest?
Thank you.
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »
Hi, Schipperke. I'm interested to join the Elder Sims Style Contest but I don't sure myself how to start. This is my first time. So, any kind of help will be appreciated. I want to ask about this:
1.   I have seen that people entries who take a part to this contest were locked. Did they locked that themselves or that's the challenge team to do that?
2.   So, I only need post my entry and then I should post the summary into the current contest?
Thank you.

Hi Luna, and welcome to the contests.  You can lock the entry yourself when you post it.  It's better if you do it yourself, because then you'll be able to unlock the thread if you need to for some reason.  Other than that, I think all you need to do is take a look at some of the other entries to see how it's done, and make sure you follow the rules.  If you have more questions, feel free to contact me in a Personal Message.  :)

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »
Hi Luna, and welcome to the contests.  You can lock the entry yourself when you post it.  It's better if you do it yourself, because then you'll be able to unlock the thread if you need to for some reason.  Other than that, I think all you need to do is take a look at some of the other entries to see how it's done, and make sure you follow the rules.  If you have more questions, feel free to contact me in a Personal Message.  :)

Thank you for your help, Schipperke. I already take a look into other entries yesterday. But, the thing about lock the thread that still confuse me. I think I get it now; I already got the material that I needed. I can’t wait to post my entry soon :)
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 05:12:39 AM »
sSorry if this sound stupid, if we want join the CAS contest do we have to upload the picture in 640x480 like the Ben Oliver first example, or we can upload it in some other size, like say smaller size or like the example in the highslide Ben Oliver?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 08:03:35 AM »
Sorry if this sound stupid, if we want join the CAS contest do we have to upload the picture in 640x480 like the Ben Oliver first example, or we can upload it in some other size, like say smaller size or like the example in the highslide Ben Oliver?

It's not a stupid question at all, Sherry.  The standard size is preferred because it's easier to see the details of the Sim in a larger picture.  I don't know of any real benefit to using smaller pictures, but if you prefer to use smaller picture for some reason that's fine.  Just be sure you don't go over the limit for the number of pictures.

anything