Gogowars329 - Victorian Beach Bungalow
4 (6.9%)
Odinsdottir - Victoriana Cottage
7 (12.1%)
Lilygirl - Emerald Butterfly
4 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: May 23, 2013, 04:07:25 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 9 - A Gem of a Victorian  (Read 10832 times)

Offline shaunta

• Townie
Re: Building Contest 2013: 9 - A Gem of a Victorian
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 10:20:59 AM »
Tiny Victorian
Lot Size:30x20
Lot Value [unfurnished]:27,565
Lot Value [furnished]:34,975
Content used:Base Game, Supernatural, World Adventures, Outdoor Living, University, Pets, Showtime
Bed Spaces:2 [double bed]
Welcome to the Tiny Victorian in Twinbrook. This home has 1 bedroom, 1.5 bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, formal parlor, wrap around Veranda with plenty outdoor living space, small pond and garden.

Side view with shot of pond and garden

Formal Parlor

Kitchen

Hall [computer area]

Bedroom

Upstair hall [exercise area]

Pond [painting area]

Well, that's our tour. Thanks for stopping by. Bye' now

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 04:02:22 PM »
Rosebud
by ladybug53

Lot Size : 30x20 .
Cost Furnished : 34,498 .
Cost Unfurnished : 20,783 .

Expansions Used : Ambitions - Supernatural - Late Night - Pets - University Life - Generations - Seasons .
Stuff Packs Used : Master Suite - Town Life .

No CCs or Mods were used .

Victorian Style is very unique . This small Victorian Gem Rosebud can be found nestled on a lot just outside Sunset Valley over looking the city . Rosebud is large enough for a small family . At the moment , it only has one bedroom , but the second floor is large enough to add a second bedroom easily . This house also has all your basic skill items to get you started . It also has a stocked pond and garden for the outdoor lover .

Let's take a tour !

Link to Download :  Rosebud
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 10:04:02 PM »
Charme de Vert
by Princess Mimi

Lot Size: 25x20
Cost Furnished: 34,933
Cost Unfurnished: 22,719
Expansion Packs: Ambitions-Supernatural-Pets-Generations (No Stuff Packs)
Bed Spaces: 3

This little piece of paradise packs a big punch in a small lot. With 1.5 baths and 2 bedrooms, this home is currently set up for a couple with a child son, although the second bedroom can easily be redesigned for a roommate. Every base game skill can be worked on in this house, and the garden is already stocked with several base game plants to get you started!

Link to Download: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,15927.0.html

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 03:54:46 AM »
The Red Oak Boardinghouse

Lot Size: 20x30

Price Furnished: §34,700

Price Unfurnished: §20,588

Built for: 451 Riverview Road, Riverview

EP's: Supernatural, Pets, Late Night, World Adventures, Seasons, Showtime, Generations, University Life, Ambitions and base game
SP's: Town Life, Master Suite and Outdoor Living
Store: Cherub Kalliopi

Number of Bed Spaces: 1 double bedroom + crib, 1 single bed room (for boarder or child)

Description:

The Red Oak in used to be a small family home but when Mieso Cookie inherited it form her grandmother she decided to start taking in boarders to supplement her income. The boardinghouse is named after the majestic tree on the front lawn and the location (just across the river from Riverview's town center) makes it a prime location for people who just want to visit this charming town or are just starting out on their own.

The grounds has parking for 2 cars, a doghouse (so pet owners are welcome), a pond, a vegetable garden, BBQ area with seating and masses of flowering hydrangea's.

The ground floor has a veranda with rocking chair which is perfect for watching the world go by, a work out area and a speaker so you can enjoy music outside. The open plan living space is partly living room with fireplace, TV, stereo, toy box and a small home office and partly a dine in kitchen.

The second floor has a spacious balcony with easel, a full bathroom with shower, 1 single bedroom perfect for a boarder, 1 master bedroom with double bed and crib. The downstairs and both the bedrooms give the nicely decorated moodlet.

Note:

1.There are 2 fire alarms, one behind the stairs and one hidden behind the chimney outside. But I would still upgrade the fireplace to fireproof if I was going to play in it. I have never had as many fires break out ever as I did when play-testing this house.
2. I do hope I picked a fridge that didn't give a bad moodlet - I tested for over a week and it never showed up, but I'm not 100% sure.

You can download it here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2013: 9 - A Gem of a Victorian: Dent-de-Lion Villa
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »
Lot size 20x30 (screenshots taken at 178 Savannah Lane, Twinbrook)
2 bed spaces (1 double), 1 bath.  There is a second bedroom, currently being used as a hobbies room.
Price on original lot: §35000 furnished, §24169 unfurnished

Content used:
Expansions: World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Showtime and Supernatural
Stuff packs: Outdoor Living, Master Suite
Free store content: Earth Day

Dent-de-Lion Villa is a small Victorian town house named after a certain yellow flower.  (If you can’t eradicate them from the lot, you might as well make the best of it…)  Although the garden is still in need of some TLC, the house itself has been sensitively restored.  It is is built of red bricks with feature stonework and a typical string course of Staffordshire Blue bricks forming the DPC.

The impresssive hallway with original encaustic floor tiles leads into a slightly gloomy but richly-coloured front parlour, with indoor plants, a grandmother clock, plenty of comfortable seating and the original fireplace.  Skilful Sims will be pleased to note that a computer and guitar are also included.  A door leads into the bright and airy kitchen-diner.

Upstairs are a small bedroom, currently being used as a hobbies room (complete with treadmill and easel), and a compact but fully-functional bathroom.  The master bedroom has a comfortable bed, cheval mirror and a cosy room-within-a-room in the tower.  The window-seat is perfect for snuggling up with a good book or a significant other.

Outdoors, the wrap-around verandah features a chess table, while the small but productive kitchen garden and the pond offer further skilling opportunities.

Dent-de-Lion Villa is loosely based on a number of Victorian houses in the town where I live.  It was only when it was almost finished that I realised how closely it resembles a scaled-down version of my grandparents’ house, which also had a tower and verandah (and a grandmother clock in the front room) but was a lot bigger.  Just as well, given that they raised six children there.  I have fond memories of the tower window-seat, although theirs was considerably larger – the ground floor of the tower was a breakfast room.  Sadly, Sims 3 has no way of reproducing that house’s sweeping stairs or the huge Edwardian rocking horse (with real saddle and bridle) on the landing, which was large enough to be ridden by a teenager.  Not that I ever did that, obviously…

Note:  when I export and re-import this house, it keeps showing up without a title or other information - and the mailbox and bin revert to the default positions for that lot.  I have no idea why.  The screenshots show their intended locations (moveobjects is needed for the mailbox).

Download thread

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 11:07:27 AM »
Magnolia Cottage
Lot Size: 20x15
Lot Value: 34,993
Content Used: All Expansions & Stuff Packs
Number of Bed Spaces: 2
Description:  This Victorian Gingerbread cottage is loaded with antique charm.  The original beadboard walls and wood trim make this a truly unique gem. 

There's so many ways to keep busy, from tending the exotic cutting garden to fishing in the goldfish pond.  With a treadmill for athletes, an easel on the balcony for the artistic types, a computer for aspiring writers, and a cozy galley kitchen for the budding chef this house can accomodate everyone's tastes.  At the end of the day enjoy watching the sunset on the verandah or cozy up with a book by the antique marble fireplace.  This all season cottage is a delight any time of year!

Notes:
-As usual with fireplaces a handy sim or fireproof LTR will help prevent spontaneous combustion of nearby furniture and/or sims
-The flower garden is fenced off and can be locked to keep out zombies in search of grains

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 11:09:09 PM »
Victorian Emerald
Lot Size: 20x20
Furnished Lot Value: §34,874
Unfurnished Lot Value: §24,312
Bedrooms: 2
Bathrooms: 1
Content used from World Adventures, Ambitions, Supernatural, University Life and Town Life Stuff

This charming house is perfect for the single Sim or a couple. It has 2 bedrooms, although, one is currently being used as a skill room and one bathroom. The fenced yard contains a small vegetable garden as well as a pond for fishing. The spacious kitchen/dining room has plenty of room to add extra benches and appliances if wanted. The lounge room has a fire place for those cold nights. Upstairs you will find an easel, guitar and a treadmill. Perfect for the Sim who wants to improve himself. The bedroom also has a computer for the more geeky Sim.
The only thing this house lacks is personal decorating, so why not move in, add your own personal touches and make this house your home?

Download here

**Note** When placed on an empty lot, the game tends to place the house facing backwards. I think this could be due to the fact that the initial lot footprint was placed wrong (I tend to forget to check things like that until it's way to late in a build) Anyway, the lot will most likely need to be rotated when placed. Because there is a fish spawner in the pond, after rotating the lot, you will need to turn testingcheats on and then buydebug to remove the extra spawners. If you don't, you will end up with fish jumping out of the ground near the front steps and either in the garden or under the dining room (depending on what way you rotated the lot)
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 03:13:09 AM »
Building Contest 2013, #9
Gem of a Victorian

Name: Victorian Beach Bungalow
Bedrooms and Bathrooms: 2 br and 2 ba
Lot Size: 20 x 30
Price Furnished: $34,848
Price Unfurnished: $24,538
EP and SPs: Ambitions, (Clothesline, Mirror, Laundry Baskets, Flowers) Generations, (Couches) Showtime, Supernatural, (Fridge, Stove, Fence, Bed) Seasons, (Painting, Bedside Table, Plant, Lights, Table) University Life (Chairs, Laundry Machine, Dresser, Rugs, Door, Windows, Bedside Tables)
Swap Shop Content: Ocean Stripes by Gogowars329
 Victorian Beach Bungalow is the perfect house by the beach for any (small) group of Sims.  With two quality bedrooms and a garden perfect for the biggest chefs around, why wouldn’t you want to move in? The kitchen is fitted with affordable but quality appliances and the house comes with a laundry machine pre-installed! What are you waiting for? Get over to Victorian Beach Bungalow today!

Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 04:16:32 PM »
Victoriana Cottage
Lot Size: 20x30
Furnished Lot Value: §34,851
Bathrooms: 1
Content used from Base Game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Seasons, Supernatural, Generations, Outdoor Living, Town Life

Victoriana Cottage is a sweet starter home for one or two sims with plenty of skilling items and room to grow!  This lovely home features a traditional Victorian exterior...

A spacious and welcoming kitchen:

A comfortable and pleasant main room:

A large family bath:

And two cosy bedrooms:

Every bit of space is used to make this an ideal home:

Items for all base game skills and all base game plants are on the lot.

Thanks!

Download:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,16032.msg306065.html#msg306065
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 04:18:12 PM »
House: Emerald Butterfly

Lot Size: 20x25
Bathrooms: 1.5
Furnished Cost: 34,942
Unfurnished Cost: 22,276
Items: EPs - Amb, Gen, SN, ST, Seasons = yes // Any others up to and including UL = probably not but maybe
No SPs or store content except free plants from Earth Day

Of Note: includes items to skill up in all base games skills.

Description: We here at Yellow Lily Realty have spent many sleepless nights searching for the perfect Victorian for any single Sim or Sim couple, there is even a second bedroom if you need a roommate to help pay the bills. The mature trees in the yard provide plenty of shade both in the front and the back yards. A veranda greets you as you walk up to the house, big enough for a bench off to the side. The front yard also has a parking space for one car.

The back yard is accessible from the kitchen and through a gate beside the car space. The back yard is fully fenced to keep out any wandering Sims or animals drawn to the fish splashing in the pond, the smell of fresh fruit or herbs in the garden, or the beauty of the rose bushes lining the back fence.

Looking at the first floor floor plan, you will notice the open concept kitchen and dining on the left and the living room on the right, complete with fireplace and access to a half bath behind the staircase upstairs.

The kitchen includes retro-inspired, good quality appliances and access to the back yard with a large deck. The dining space is large enough for everyone, including a roommate.

The living room showcases a large fireplace and a small indoor garden under the windows, bringing the outside in. This room also includes a guitar and a desk by the stairs with a computer.

Looking at the second floor floor plan you will notice a generous hallway connecting the two bedrooms and the full bath.

The hallway contains an easel and treadmill, and a small stereo to provide music while skilling.

The first bedroom (AKA the master bedroom) is beautiful in lavender, and includes a window seat and wardrobe.

The second bedroom could easily be converted into a nursery should you prefer a nooboo to a roommate. It is done in autumn tones and includes a wardrobe.

The full bath is a delightful pale blue, with custom designed pieces for that WOW feeling.

If you wish to see this gem of a Victorian, please visit it's specific page: Emerald Butterfly.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 04:07:55 PM »
The poll is up! Vote now!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 11:11:24 AM »
Building Contest 2013: 9 - A Gem of a Victorian - May 5, 2013 - May 18, 2013
    Ladybug53

Congratulations to Ladybug53 for winning the building contest! You can download the winning entry here: Rosebud.

Ladybug53's Comment:

"I would like to thank samoht04 , Lilygirl and Ausette for giving us such a challenging and fun contest . I love a good challenge and this one was perfectly challenging for me . I had great fun working on my entry .  A good challenge always helps me to become more creative . I love Victorian houses as they're full of character . I've had the name Rosebud on my mind for a while and this Victorian house was perfect for it . I would also like to congratulate all entrants for their amazing work ."

Congrats Ladybug! Comments are now open!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 05:41:59 PM »
Congratulations Ladybug! I absolutely adore the exterior of your house, it has such charm and the landscaping was great.

I think this challenge was super hard especially since the budget was so tight. I did my best but feel that my house was to cramped and small to ever have a chance to win.

Once again, congratulations Ladybug. I'm open to comments on my build.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »
Congratulations Ladybug! A well deserved win!

I'm open to comments on my build.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 07:59:08 PM »
It was quite a challenging contest but that's what I loved about it . Plus the style of the house . I had great fun working on it .

@  saltpastillen - I thought your Victorian house was beautiful . You always pay attention to the smallest detail . I really like seeing that pile of wood all stacked and ready to bring in the house . The wrap a round veranda is awesome . Love your landscaping . An amazing build !  :)

@  Gogowars329 - Your Victorian house is also beautiful . I love your kitchen . Every screenshot tells a story . I especially really liked the one with your sim napping by the fireplace . Oh , and there's the one napping after working out . Those screenshots are brilliant . Great job !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

anything