Author Topic: Moodlet T's  (Read 4039 times)

Chuckles_82

Moodlet T's
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »
Does anyone know if there is any copyright issues with using the moodlets and icons from the game to make patterns for t-shirts? I'm thinking of doing a range of T's something like this:

I still need to move the icon up a bit I think, but the size is ok. I can make custom T's for traits, moodlets, careers, and lifestates.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: Moodlet T's
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 03:28:55 PM »
I'm not sure copyright would be an issue.  You're not stating that you're the creator of the icon, just re-using it.  Besides where else can you use this pattern except in TS3?
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 04:11:23 PM »
It'd probably be fine within the game, It's not like you're selling real t shirts.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 01:40:19 AM »
I don't know about copyright issues but what a wonderful idea, I would like some of these t-shirts please!!  ;)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 02:30:59 AM »
They'll be coming very soon. I just need to work out the position to put the icon in for optimal results. Unfortunately it takes forever to start the game up, then load a file, then load CAS, so after my first three attempts I was feeling a little impatient.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 05:26:08 PM »
When you do, could I request a Leader of the Free-world LTW pattern? (Also a nerd pattern, and any of the moodlets in my signature) (Also Diva trait? I know a lot of requests,  but you don't have to do them all, they're just what I would like. ;))

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline mikata13

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 11:21:39 PM »
How do you make your own designs like this on t-shirts?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 01:52:04 AM »
It's a pattern that can be used on a t shirt. You can also make them as custom content, but mine are just patterns. The picture is in a specific spot so that it sits where I want it on the T-shirt.

Welcome to the forum mikata13 :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 06:18:28 AM »
How do you make your own designs like this on t-shirts?

Welcome to the forum! Ausette has a useful thread where she also shows how to create T-Shirt Patterns with Create-A-Pattern.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 09:37:42 AM »
They'll be coming very soon. I just need to work out the position to put the icon in for optimal results. Unfortunately it takes forever to start the game up, then load a file, then load CAS, so after my first three attempts I was feeling a little impatient.

Chuckles I see that you are very familiar with CAW so why don’t you just make yourself a very small world just for the testing of your patterns, sorry don’t want to tell you what to do but won’t it be much faster to start the game with a smaller world.  ;)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 11:14:57 AM »
I have builder's isle from MTS which does nicely for loading up - and my own world Cypress Lakes loads up very quickly too, but all the rest takes so long. However, I did read in Ausettes thread the best place to put the icon, and have begun making the patterns - you can download them from the patterns section in the swap shop :)

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »
Thanks Chuckles_82, will do so and thank you for all your hard work I like your patterns very much.  ;)