Author Topic: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Departure (Complete)  (Read 46745 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - A Birthday and a Setback
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2014, 07:30:20 AM »
Naomi's adorable!  The concept of inviting a Sim to move in just so she could adopt a spouse for the current generation is devious...yet clever.  I approve  :=)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2014, 12:50:57 PM »
Oh my!  Talk about nerve-wracking!  Adopting was brilliant though.   And Naomi looks like she's gonna be a knockout!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2014, 01:27:13 PM »
Way to think on your feet Akoni! Trust me, you'll be fine with waiting. Seeing as bringing in the next immortal isn't part of the requirements, you could have everyone outlive BOTH Naomi and Angela and try again even still because Obsession is a boy, so he never stops being capable of having children. :)

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2014, 01:46:51 PM »
Oh my!  Talk about nerve-wracking!

I was really worried about this happening back with Parry, too, since Abriella had been around so long already. It worked out the way I meant it to that time, though. I've also been incredibly lucky, with no one sticking around long into their 90s.

Seeing as bringing in the next immortal isn't part of the requirements, you could have everyone outlive BOTH Naomi and Angela and try again even still because Obsession is a boy, so he never stops being capable of having children.

That is the best thing about the situation! At first, I thought I'd just wait out Angela and move someone else in, and then I realized it would be way easier to adopt someone so that I'd know how old she was! It does mean that I may have a weird narrator situation, since Obsession may make it to immortality before there is even an heir. Guess I'll figure that out if it happens.  :)

Naomi's adorable!

I'm really fond of Naomi. None of Nightmare's descendants got her red eyes, so I'm hoping that she'll bring them back into the family!

Now, to play the Sheos for as long as I possibly can to get things back on track.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2014, 04:06:47 PM »
The Fifth Immortal

I felt I should make that clear right away. This is my sixth and final entry as narrator of the Sheogorath family. I was going to keep it a secret until the end of this entry, but it was making Raven the raven sad, so I decided not to. Heís a sensitive bird, he just doesnít like to show it.
Raven (the raven): No, Iím not. Youíve just always appreciated me for the wonderful person that I am. For some reason, no one else seems to.

I had quite a few friends from work, as well as Obsession and Emrakul, but I was one friend short. So I invited her over. I honestly donít remember who she is, but she was my sixth friend in order to achieve immortality. Thanks to one of my sonís potent friendship potions.

She stayed a while after and played chess, before Nightmare got tired of a stranger being in the house and asked her to leave. She was a nice person. If I could just remember her nameÖ ah well.

Naomi has been enjoying her time with us so far. Sheís doing well in school and does pretty much whatever she wants when sheís here. Itís probably a good thing sheís such a nice and well-behaved child.

Though sometimes, she can be a bit eerie. Itís probably just those red eyes though. The only person I know with red eyes is my great-great grandmother.
Raven (the raven): You just completely forgot that Parry has red eyes.

Her mother spent a long, long time at the library. Reading science books. Apparently that is the most effective way to learn about science. I would never have thought of that, but apparently she found it out online somewhere.

Naomi really enjoys ruling over the dining room. I remember when Obsession used to do that. It seems so recent. There is going to be quite an age gap between the two of them, but it canít be helped.

This is my room. I donít think Iíve ever put a picture of it in. I have a nice hologram tree and my tiberium, as well as my teddy bear. Heís an imaginary friend and is very adorable. We each have one. Theyíre all different.

After finally learning enough about science, Angela came back home and started analyzing our rock collection. Soon she said she will start to clone them. I canít believe weíre finally going to be able to complete the collection!

I had my birthday. I forgot again and so it happened when I went to look at the weather out the window.

Iím glad to be so near immortality, but Iím sad that it means passing the narration of my family on to Obsession. Iím sure heíll do a good job, but Iíve enjoyed it so much. Also, I donít like what happened to my clothes or my hair.

After getting back to being more like my old self, Chaotic started painting my portrait. My final portrait. I canít believe that this all happened so quickly.

Nightmare started on my sculpture. She likes to make several and then pick her favorite to put in the museum. Sometimes she goes by value, but usually by whichever one looks least like the previous ones.

Something terrifying did happen. A meteor came out of the sky and landed right in front of the skill building. It was really scary.

We all stayed inside until it stopped smoking. None of us had ever seen anything like it. I was glad that Obsession was at work and Naomi at school. Worrying about them would have been really upsetting.

Angela went and just stared at the meteor for a moment. It had been headed right at her, apparently, when she noticed that the sky had gone dark and run for the nearest part of the house. It must have been really awful.

It didnít seem to get her down at all though. She collected it and went back to her cloning. She would make a good mad scientist, I think. Aside from the not being insane part, but thatís easily fixed.

Iíve completed everything. I canít believe I made it, but I did.

Iím so glad to have done this. To have been here. To have gotten to write this. Itís by no means the best thing Iíve written, non-fiction isnít my strong point. But it is the thing Iím most proud of.

My mother said that ambrosia tastes like sparkles. I have no clue what sparkles taste like, so Iíll have to take her word for it. But Iíve done it. I am Dementia Sheogorath, the fifth immortal. This is my sixth and final entry.
Raven (the raven): Now you went and made me cry.
I thought you couldnít actually cry. Thatís what you said last time, I remember it.
Raven (the raven): Iím figuratively crying. Itís more or less the same thing. You just ruined the sad mood I was creating.
Oh. I'm sorry about that. Well, this is it. I'm done.

Dementia Sheogorath
Lifetime Wish: Director
Unique Career Maxed: Film (Director)
Unique Skill SuperMaxed: Writing
Property: Lovely Lakeside Pool
Business: Plumbob Pictures Backlot
Unique Rewards: Acclaimed Author, Always on the List, Fearless Voyager
6 Unique BlackOps: The Writing Club, Emergency Interviewer, Set Cleanup, State of the City, Keeping the Talent Happy, Scene by Scene
6 Different Best Friends: Emrakul Sheogorath, Rita Pullman, Obsession Sheogorath, Laron Warner, Olga Lorenz, Audrey Nieves

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - The Fifth Immortal
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2014, 04:38:19 PM »
Aw yay! I'm so happy for Demi! And sad too, I'll miss her point of view.
I can't wait to see how Obsession handles his crisis and having to marry someone so young. Ah well, it could be much worse!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2014, 05:14:08 PM »
Go Demi!  Wow, another meteor... they seem to be attracted to Dynasties XD lol I STILL haven't gotten one...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2014, 05:41:26 PM »
That was the very first meteor I've ever seen in any of my games! I'd been really hoping I would get through without any. I had no idea what happens when a meteor tries to smash my poor little sims, so I'm glad to know for the future!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2014, 10:11:38 PM »
My very first meteor came in one of the challenges last year. I got more fun out of the meteor happening than the challenge, I believe.

Congratulations Demi on reaching your immortalhood! Only 3 to go now. :)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2014, 06:40:12 AM »
Congrats on Demi's immortality and great save with Angela and Naomi!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2014, 10:20:42 AM »
Congrats on another immortal!  I'm looking forward to hearing Obi's narrating voice.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2014, 10:47:33 AM »
Thanks, everyone! I really can't believe I've gotten this far! So, thank you to everyone reading this story, I'm glad you're here and hope you continue to enjoy it!

Naomi

My name is Naomi Chu. You can also call me Ophelia. Itís my nickname. Either one is good. I like them both. I came here because I was needed. Because my mother was needed. Not exactly my real mother, because Iím adopted. But my mother. Angela Chu. She named me Naomi. I like that name.

I go to school. I hang out around the house. I get help with my homework. From Obsession. He is the heir. Iím here because one day, Iím going to marry him. He just doesnít know that yet. Itís okay. Iíll tell him when Iím all grown up.

He is focused on his work. He goes to work. He works at home. Obsession doesnít have a computer so he uses mine. His imaginary friend likes to nap on my bed and itís annoying. It gets in my way and I donít even believe in it.

One day. One day I will tell Obsession that we are going to be married. Yes. And there is nothing at all he can do about that. Itís fate. And even if itís not, thatís too bad. I will make it happen. Yes. I can do that.

I had my teen birthday recently. I am closer to an adult. I can start to be useful. I canÖ clean or something. I donít know. Maybe I donít need to be useful just yet. Maybe if I learn to do something hard, then I will be useful. Maybe I will make nectar.

Sparkles. I like them. They are friendly sparkles, Iím sure. They help me get closer to being Obsessionís age. He will always be older than me. But it will not matter when I am all grown up.

I think this house is more like me now. I think I belong here. Itís insane. Iím insane. This is where I belong. My mother doesnít understand. But she doesnít need to. She doesnít want to. Thatís okay. My mother is nice.

I got a nice wardrobe and nice hair. I look like me again. Yes, I will learn to make nectar. I will learn to clone things. It will be useful in some way. Just in case. I donít want to slow everything down.

Iíll help to keep everything tidy. Iíll be useful. Iíll make up for the time that is spent waiting because of me.

The fish are nice. They like me. They talk when no one else is listening. Or is that just me? Itís okay, little fishes, no one cares if you are just voices in my head. I still like you.

I like to stay close to my mother. She brought me here because I was needed. Because she was not the one they needed, even though they thought she was. It was me. Always me. Iím going to marry Obsession. But first I have to get older. And tell him.

My mother loves me. She doesnít understand me, but thatís okay. She is happy here. She gets to pursue science. All day she likes to clone gems. Completing the collection. Itís pretty. My mother is wonderful.

My mother wanted to teach me to drive. I have other ideas. I want to ride a motorcycle. Itís fun. I look like a superhero. If I had time, I could be a hero. 

I read a book for school. They say it will improve my performance. I want to do well in school. Iíve made some friends there. They are nice people. Mostly babysitters.

Obsession comes home from work not long after I get back from school. Or is it around the same time and he is just farther away? But his car is nice.

Then he can help me with my homework again. He wants to go work from home. But I need to talk to him or he will forget about me. And then he might be upset when he finds out weíre going to get married one day.

Dementia knows that I will marry him one day. Then she will also be my mother. She hasnít told me that I have to marry him, but thatís alright. Because I know. Itís what Iím supposed to do. This family needs me, to keep going towards the beginning.

Also, they need me to beautify the ground. It is so dry and boring. I will paint beautiful things on it with my spray can. It will be lovely. And it will pass the days. Long, long boring days of teenage-ness.

Mania keeps cleaning up my art. I donít understand. But she is wise and immortal. She must have a reason. And it makes room for new art. So I do not mind.

Sometimes Obsession isnít here or is busy and I have to do my homework by myself. Why does he have to hold meetings? This is hard. I hate doing homework this way. Maybe someone else can help me. Why is it all so busy?

My mother works on her cloning. She has lots of fun. Making soulpeace and pink diamond is easy for her. She could make us very, very rich. But we are already rich. So it is okay. Sometimes she fails at cloning and gets fried, though. Not as fun.

I had to go to the prom. Or is that Prom? I donít know. I donít care. Obsession isnít there. But my classmates are. They are my friends. So I will go and spend time with them. It will be fun.

Also, I will not have to worry about anyone dressing like me. I am always told I have a unique sense of fashion. That is a good thing, I think. So I will go and I will have fun. I am Naomi Chu. I am important to the Sheogorath Family. I will marry Obsession.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - Naomi
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
The ironic ting is that she seems obsessed with marrying Obsession.  I like that interesting twist  :=)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »
I think I'm going to like her. She seems to fit perfectly in with the Sheos.
Also, good idea to clone gems! I thought of cloning people but I totally didn't even think of gems.
I learn something new everyday!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2014, 03:55:29 PM »

Wow, I've missed so much lately! This is what happens when you get distracted with real life things. I love Demi's hair color--very cute! And Obsession is so fluffy and adorable. Hopefully Naomi will pass along those awesome eyes.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »
The ironic ting is that she seems obsessed with marrying Obsession. 

Yes, Naomi is indeed! Next, to one day find out what Obsession thinks about all this, when he finally gets to find out.

Also, good idea to clone gems! I thought of cloning people but I totally didn't even think of gems.

I have you to thank for remembering that science can be used to clone things! And for knowing to send Angela to the library to learn it faster. So, thank you! My gem collection deeply appreciates you.  :)   I've finally been able to finish it!

Obsession is so fluffy and adorable.

I do like Obsession very much. My sims are always very skinny, so it's nice to have someone different for once. I'm not entirely sure how I arrived at the look he has, but I do like how it is working for him!

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »
Well, I just realized that Parry has red eyes. Apparently Nightmareís eye color did show up again. But itís been gone since then, hopefully Naomi can bring it back once more. YeahÖ these are things I should probably know about my own simsÖ Well, thank-you to everyone who is reading this story! I really appreciate your support!

In Which Angela Deceases

SoÖ yeah. Hi. This is my house in winter. It gets all covered in snow and we canít even hang lights because of the roof. Itís all flat and stuff. It doesnít have an edge to hang things on. So no lights for us.

What else? Thereís not much to say. My friend Angela who moved in with us adopted a daughter. Sheís called Naomi.

Thatís a picture from when she was younger. Sheís a teenager now. I wasnít sure why she was adopted in the first place, since its very crowded here, but then I eventually figured it out.

Sheís here to make nectar. I donít know why we need nectar. Thatís not really important to me. I have to work at getting promoted to higher ranks in the business world. I canít focus on other things right now. There seems to be lots of pictures of Naomi, though, which makes it hard to talk about my work. I would like to talk about my job.

She looks like sheís wearing a straightjacket. I didnít notice that before.

Well, I was hoping I could talk about how I was going of to my work, at the Sahara Corporate Headquarters, but apparently Naomi got in the middle of the picture. I am in the background, though. Going to work.

Iím in the back of this one too. I went for a jog by our house. But the vampire paparazzi rebel who likes to rant in front of our house apparently took this picture over. Inconsiderate.

WellÖ maybe I should have introduced myself back at the beginning. Sorry about that. Iím Obsession Sheogorath. My mother was the narrator of our story before me. I think she was probably a lot better at it. But sheís a writer, so that would make sense.

At least I finally found a picture of me. But Iím sleeping in it. Not working. I want to talk about working! I really love my job. Currently I make analysis of stuff to help my superiors. But one day, Iím going to be the CEO. And thenÖ I donít know, Iíll be whatever comes after that. Until I get to the very top. Then Iíll be kind of sad. I like being promoted.

Angela completed our gem collection by cloning the ones we didnít have enough of. My great-grandfather Paranoia went and cut them, because heís good at that. He is sort-of in charge of the collection. Angela has the most unusual things happen to her. A meteor almost hit her when she first moved in.

Then she got hit by lightning while scanning gems in the rain. I didnít know that could even happen. Iím not going outside when itís thundering anymore. She was okay, though, after she stopped being singed.

MyÖ great-great Grandma? However weíre related, Chaotic when and got fireworks. Lots of them. I donít know why. I was busy working and sort of missed the whole thing.
Raven (the raven): Well, Iím back again! Although I also donít know why she went and bought so many fireworks. Maybe she was bored?
This is a bird. Heís called Raven and lives in my motherís room. He likes to talk. A lot. Apparently he thinks that he is very useful and important.
Raven (the raven): Iíve never seen anything to prove that Iím not.

They were kind of loud. It was a bit annoying while I was trying to work. I donít like it when things are interrupting my work.
Raven (the raven): He is way more of a workaholic than Nightmare.

I really love my job. Well, itís not great, but I keep getting promoted and it keeps getting better. Iím sure I will be very good in charge of everything one day. It will be great for everyone.

Raven (the raven): Yeah, letís just make the crazy guy who never wears shoes in charge of our company. Iím sure thatís what everyone is thinking.
Really? Thatís nice to know. Very helpful and inspiring.
Raven (the raven): YouÖ you are very unique, Obe. Iím not even sure if thatís a good thing, or a bad thing.
I hope itís good.

Like that firework! That was pretty awesome. Too bad I missed it. I was working. But, I need to get promoted. Because it will be fun. Maybe Iíll get some raises too. I would like that a lot.

Raven (the raven): This is me, in my nice, comfy place in Demiís room. With my cheese and computer and holographic dogwood. And I donít know if Iíll ever, ever leave, because I met the true love of my life the other day.

You have a painting of your true love, Raven?
Raven (the raven): What? No. The painting is my true love. Sheís a very nice person. Painting. Thing. I donít even know what she is, but I donít know what I am either, so thatís totally fine by me.
Does she talk, too?
Raven (the raven): Not to you, she doesnít.

Oh yeah. This was the important thing that happened. Angela died. It was very sad. I hadnít even realized she was so old already.

It was very surprising, because of that. She was just analyzing gems, and then her time was up. I guess she didnít mind, though.

Mr. Reaper came and they shook hands and she left. I was sad. We were good friends. She was a nice person. Everyone liked her. Even Nightmare, and she doesnít like most people.

Naomi was very, very sad. After all, Angela was her mother. I would have tried to brighten her day, but then she took the grave off to the cemetery. I guess that was a good thing to do.

Well, I need to get back to my work. I would really rather be doing that, but my mother said I have to write about my family or sheíll be really upset. And I donít want to upset her, because sheís very nice. Iím happy sheís immortal. I wonít have to lose my mother. I would be sad, like Naomi.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - In Which Angela Deceases
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2014, 10:42:28 PM »
Yup. Obsession is officially my favorite. Followed closely by Demi.
He's just... he's just not all the way there and I love it. He just completely misses things and no matter what you try to tell him he just... woooosh (the sound of the idea going over his head).

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #243 on: May 12, 2014, 07:43:04 AM »
Naomi's obsessed with Obi and Obis obsessed with his work.  Nice.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out when she informs him they're getting married.  Will he see it as being promoted in their relationship?
Also, I enjoyed how he kept getting photobombed out of his own update.  Craziness!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #244 on: May 12, 2014, 10:49:39 AM »
I still think Demi is my favorite. But she is a bookworm, so I guess that's not really surprising. :)

Also, Vampire Paparazzi Rebel? Ha.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #245 on: May 12, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »
Also, I enjoyed how he kept getting photobombed out of his own update.  Craziness!

When I got to writing the update, I suddenly realized I'd almost completely neglected to take pictures of Obsession! Most of my pictures are of Naomi, because she doesn't just work and work at home.

Also, Vampire Paparazzi Rebel? Ha.

She seems to have decided to camp out in front of the house, because she's almost always there, ranting about something! It's kind of entertaining. The other paparazzi just mill around. 

In Which Naomi Ages

Naomi was really, really upset by her mother leaving us. It was even interfering with her task of making nectar. Which I guess is important, since its why sheís here.

So I gave her some invigorating elixirs. Maybe that will be helpful while she doesÖ whatever other stuff it is she does. And not think about her mother being gone. That must be really awful.

I think she appreciated it, because she used them up pretty fast. Although lately sheís been spending a lot of time graffiting. I thought she was supposed to be making nectar.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Iím missing some important knowledge about her. But Iím busy and donít have much time to think about that.
Raven (the raven): You really donít get it, do you? Why Naomi is here. 
I donít understand. Does this relate to my work, somehow?
Raven (the raven): NoÖ no, it does not. Thereís no point explaining, is there?

I got a very awesome computer when my mother decided to lock everyone out of her room so she could sleep in peace. Well, I was also using Naomiís, but it broke and no one replaced it. So I got a fun, floating sphere of working-from-homeness. I love it.

Itís so amazing! The way it has a holographicÖ thingy. I love it. Iím typing on air!
Raven (the raven): Heís funny. I like Obe. Heís no Demi, but he amuses me. I kind of feel bad for Naomi though.
Why? Because she has to keep cleaning up her street art?

Why is it still street art, when itís in our basement? I donít know, but apparently it is. People with more time can think about that kind of stuff. I need to get back to my work. Iíve got to work on sucking up to my boss, Morgan Claremont. Otherwise, he starts to think other people are better workers than me. And thatís not true.

My immortal relatives just do random things. At least Chaotic likes to paint, so she can just keep doing that. Iím not exactly looking forward to the whole immortality thing. So little to do. I like to have something to focus on. What would I do if I didnít?

Raven (the raven): Yeah, I guess Iíll be happy to move on to whoever comes after you, Obe. Sticking around while you obsess over not having anything to obsess over doesnít sound like fun for me.

Nightmare likes to work out. She trained me some when I first started working out. Iím the second fittest person in the whole house. She is the most. It would take a lot of time I donít have to catch up with her. We donít always get along, but we both like to exercise.

My immortal relatives have to eat ambrosia every now and then so they donít die. That would defeat the purpose of being immortal. They also have a lot of deathflowers in case of lightning strike and meteors, I guess.

Oh, right. The title and all. I almost forgot. Naomi had her young adult birthday. She seemed really excited about it. I donít know why. She can already work at being a nectar-maker. So it doesnít matter if sheís a teen. I couldnít work at the Sahara Corporate Headquarters when I was young. It made me sad.

My grandmother, Mania, says she knows what sparkles taste like. I guess the aging-sparkles are happy they donít have to age her anymore. It seems like it wouldnít be nice to eat them when they are so helpful.

Something very strange happened to Naomi when she got older. Her hair changed completely. I almost didnít recognize her. If she stays like that, I guess Iíll have to try to remember that itís her. At least we donít talk much, so it might not come up if I did forget.

My immortal relations all went to their immortal eating room to eat their cake. I donít get to go in there yet. If I get to being immortal, then I can go in there too.

Naomi must not have liked looking so different, because she went off to the area where the dresser and mirror are. Or maybe she just wanted to check and make sure the sink is working right? Paranoia does that a lot.

She went back to looking like she did before.
Raven (the raven): Only now, all of her clothes are white. Before, it was just the one.
Oh, I didnít know that. Well, Iíd really like to get back to my work.
Raven (the raven): Try to think about something other than your work for a little bit, okay? You need to focus on this.

Right. Yeah. Naomi decided to talk to me. Iím not sure why she wanted to tell me about her birthday, since I was there and obviously knew it happened.

I guess she was just really thrilled about it. Maybe she wanted to be able to go buy her own nectar machines when she decided she wanted more in the middle of the night? Because Chaotic had to do that for her. I donít know. I liked being a teen, aside from the not being able to work where I wanted to part.

So, I told her it was great. Since thatís apparently what she thought. I donít know. Naomiís nice, but I really donít understand her. It doesnít matter anyway. Iím going back to my work now. Iím getting close to being the CEO!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Sheo Immortal Dynasty - In Which Naomi Ages
« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »
He's just so missing it.  She's right there, and he has no clue.  It's sweet, sad, and amusing all at the same time.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2014, 12:02:22 AM »
*facepalm* Obe, Obe, Obe... You are a darling, but you are very clueless, aren't you?  Someone please clue the poor guy in!  Raven!  I think the job would fall to you! lol hehehe, that was great Akon.  Poor Obe...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2014, 01:52:56 AM »
Haha, I love Obe, he's quite like the oblivious man. Like I can almost hear this conversation playing out:
Just "hey, nectar-lady, whatchyadoin?"
"Oh, just getting ready for our wedding."
"Oh, that's nice."

One day... he's going to wind up married with a kid and not even realize it.

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2014, 07:49:52 AM »
Ah, Obsession... so focused on his work and completely, totally oblivious to other things.  :)   Poor Naomi, someone needs clue him in! As difficult as that can be.

In Which Naomi Does Something

Naomi is a nice person. Weíre friends now. Sometimes I wish she wouldnít talk to me when I want to work, but thatís kind of mean. And I donít want to be mean to anyone. Iím a nice person!

Yep. Good friends. Or maybe weíre best friends by now? Iím not sure. I donít keep track of that stuff, but my mother says I need to. Iím still friends with Kosi, my imaginary friend. I have to remember to throw friendship potions at it every once in a while, though.

I donít remember who was giving and who was getting the present. Or what it was. Maybe it was that time I thought I should give her something for being such a nice friend? I donít know. My work is easier to remember. Lately, Iíve been reading stuff for my job. And I had to deal with some squabbling scientists. That was tough.

My birthday happened. I forgot about it. I wanted to go hold more meetings. But my co-workers donít like to have meetings before 8:00 in the morning or after some time in the evening. 6:00 or 7:00 maybe. I really wish they didnít mind. I like meetings. 

There were some paparazzi around, but it they didnít really seem interested. That was a nice change. Usually paparazzi follow us everywhere. For some reason, my mother really hates it when they follow her to lots at night. She likes to visit deserted places. I wonder why. Oh well, I donít have time to figure that out. I have meetings to hold.

Now I am an adult. It doesnít matter much. New painting, new photo, new sculpture. Back to work. Itís not fair that I have to work less the higher up I get. I would like to work more. Naomi invited me to go over by the Fae Rae Arbortoreum. I guess I canít just pretend I didnít hear and keep working. So Iíll go.
Raven (the raven): Yeah, this is probably when Naomi will decide to do something. I donít know. Iíll find out when Obe gets back and finishes up this thing. He wanted to end it here, so I had to tell him that it was way too short to count as finished. It'll be pretty short anyway.

Raven (the raven): Alright, he came back. Now, finish this thing up so I can get back to my life. Which is fairly dull, but less so now that I have a girlfriend to talk to. She likes to talk, just like me.
Right. Okay. I went off to the arbortoreum and I was thinking about my job. It means a lot to me and Iím hoping for another promotion soon. And so I was just thinking about that when Naomi suddenly did this!

Raven (the raven): Because who would ever have seen that coming.
I know. It was very shocking.

Raven (the raven): SoÖ okay. Thatís all you have to say?
Well, then she went back home. The paparazzi started to show up and I guess that she doesnít like them very much.

So I went home too, because there was nothing to do there with just the paparazzi. I am fond of the vault of antiquity, though, because I did a lot of taking things there to become a master of alchemy. Or something. Anyway, Naomi was lurking in the entry hall when I got back.

She asked me to be her boyfriend. That was even more shocking. I wasnít sure what to do.
Raven (the raven): Because no one saw that coming, either.
I know. Why is she following me around and not working on her nectar-making? Thatís what she is supposed to be doing. I think she reached the top of the career recently. Because of a really valuable bottle of life-fruit nectar that my great-grandfather Paranoia accidentally transmuted when he was trying to make something else.

Well, I thought about what to say for a while. But I didnít want to upset her or anything, especially because she was still kind of sad about her mother being gone. So I agreed to be her boyfriend.

And I guess she was happy about that. I donít know. Maybe itís lonely making all that nectar in the basement? Maybe itís because sheís a hopeless romantic? Anyway, maybe she will move on to other things.

Honestly, I really donít know what to make of all this. Iím way older than her. I helped her with her homework when she was a kid!
Raven (the raven): Yes, and only you. No one else. Ever.
Really? Thatís kind of inconsiderate of them. Homework is hard. Anyway, Iím just not sure what to do about Naomi. Maybe after I get to being a CEO I can think about that.

Raven (the raven): Yeah, because Naomi will let you do that.
Thatís nice of her. And you know what; I thought you said all of her clothes are white. So why does she have this really nice yellow scarf thing? I like yellow. Itís my favorite color.

Raven (the raven): You knowÖ Iím not even going to bother being sarcastic. Nice hot tub, though. It has pretty plants.
Yes. My immortal relations decided they wanted to have another thing to do when they are passing time. So splashing in a hot tub was their first idea. We had several that people have given us for being famous. I donít really understand that. I donít care, either. Iím going back to my work, now.

anything