Author Topic: Problem with free vacation  (Read 4477 times)

Offline KillCupido

• Nooboo
Problem with free vacation
« on: May 09, 2013, 04:38:16 PM »
I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I have a problem with a family in Bridgeport.
The parents got a message to go on a free vacation...only they never left. In the relationship panel they are still grayed out and now both of them are dead. I thought that was the end of that, but when I wanted to send their daughter to University, that option was grayed out, with the message that all the adults were still on vacation!
When the ghosts come out, my Sims can't interact with them either.
I wonder if anyone else knows how to solve this?
If it helps, the dead parents are Matthew Hamming and Devin Ashton and I have a few mods from nraas installed.

Offline Zoey

• Nooboo
Re: Problem with free vacation
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
Maybe you should try the resetsim cheat or uninstall the mods.
Life would be different if we were not here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline llama

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 11:06:13 PM »
I had a problem like this... The parents went on their vacation, and it was all great. Then I got a notification saying the parents would be back in an hour, or something like that. They never came back though. Their pictures on the side were greyed out, and everything said they were still on vacation. It stayed like that for weeks. I ended up deleting the file- a shame, since I loved that family and they'd adopted a unicorn.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 11:15:08 PM »
Unfortunately, I think the free vacation has been bugged since it was first made available. I'm not sure if there is a fix for after it happening. Is it possible for you to go back to an earlier save? The best advice (although it doesn't really help you) is to save before you send the parents on vacation, but I think a lot of people just don't accept the offer.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 11:19:35 PM »
I had that in my life states! It's just annoying, and I don't know how to fix it. Thankfully it won't affect your save, you just can't travel.

Offline Stepluv56

• Nooboo
  • Welcome to the Sims 3
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 04:37:18 PM »
Oh that seems very weird.

Offline Happy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Sims 3 is awesome!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 02:04:12 AM »
I had a problem with the free vacation too! I got the Into the Future pack and my plumbots have sentience chip and they originally have lifetime wishes, but when they came back from a vacation, they all  3  lifetime wishes disappeared and I have to reload the game so that the lifetime wishes  never disappeared.
People shouldn't insult each other, after all, we all are human beings, how different are we?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything