Author Topic: What potions do you use/make the most?  (Read 5674 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
What potions do you use/make the most?
« on: May 10, 2013, 04:07:59 PM »
What potions do you use or make the most?  Which alchemy ingredients are the hardest for you to find some days?

For my dynasty, I'm always making the invigorating, friendship and wish enhancing ones but I'm wondering what other forum members go for the most often? 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: What potions do you use/make the most?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 04:14:14 PM »
The same. I set up my alchemists cranking out Potent Invigorating Elixirs and Potent Jars of Friendship. If I have writers, Potent Vial of Bliss is important too. I would love to make more Wish Enhancing Serums but I never seem to have enough Red Admiral Butterflies.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 04:49:38 PM »
For use : Potent Invigorating, Potent Friendship, and when the materials are available Wish Enhancing.

For sale : Bliss, mostly. Especially since my Alchemists tend to be witches... Summon Apple, Mix elixir, repeat as needed.

Anything else only gets made when I have a very specific use in mind.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 04:57:12 PM »
I make Clone Drones and Age of Instant now mostly.
I used to pop out invigorating Elixirs like candy, but William's Mind Slaves Children don't need those.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 05:11:04 PM »
Potent Invigorating the most, by far.  Potent Bliss would be a close second (fantastic for use by writers or any sim who isn't a workaholic and is about to use the Work Hard tone).  Generally I have my challenge/dynasty sims chug both of them right before they head off to school or work.

Essence of Magic is great if I'm trying to train witches or fairies and don't feel like wrestling with the moodlet manager.  Just recently I've got a file with the ingredients and ability to clone and make Wish Enhancers; once production ramps up I may just have the sims drink them daily for crazy happiness points!

In my baby boomer file the dad was brewing up vampire potions like crazy in the hopes turning the children into vampires might possibly help them skill faster and get out of the house quicker.  There were also a lot of Age of Instants flying around.

Sometimes my sims will use friendship potions, though they're mostly picked up through the alchemy register.  The new social networking skill means they aren't as necessary as they used to be.  Also my sims have tossed a couple of Lean and Means around - they don't seem to be permanent, but they're great for use before pregnancy to minimize the chance of a max weight slider nooboo.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 02:41:00 AM »
Potent Invigorating and Invigorating Elixirs always on my list. Wish Enhancing Serum is second that I have if I have the ingredient :)
I have no difficulty when it come to collect butterfly, just beetle...
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 04:22:53 AM »
I'm very new to alchemy but it's so useful, so far I've mostly made invigorating, bliss and friendship ones, potent and normal. I'm still learning what a lot of things do and how worth making they are, I adopted a child recently who became a very chubby teen so gave her a lean and mean potion, as she neared young adult she was slowly getting pudgy again and as soon as she aged up she ballooned  :o So yes a good short term fix but not permanent.

As soon as I got supernatural I had my dynasty gardener plant 3 of everything, plants and mushrooms, and started stockpiling In case I ever want an alchemist, gen 3's wife learnt enough to make potent friendships for her husband, he'd spent his life in the basement inventing and didn't really know anybody but that has been my first real use for it so far in my dynasty game.

Having just done this in another game I think I will definitely have somebody learn the science skill from Uni to go with alchemy in future, that way you can sample and clone the harder to find ingredients once you get one of them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 04:27:03 AM »
Invigorating, naturally, upgraded to the potent version ASAP. Having more waking hours means actually having a little time for social interactions instead of a near-exclusive focus on work and skilling (or just more time for work and skilling -- yeah, I'm a terrible slavedriver). Bliss is great too if the heavy workload tanks someone's mood. Cure is handy when a LLAMA trip backfires. Wish Enhancing is my moneymaker, I've never actually used those on my Sims. Actually, though I love alchemy I rarely use anything except for the no-sleep elixirs. Lots of unused potential there that I keep forgetting about.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »
Potent Invigorating, Invigorating, Skills ones and Cure are the most common.  Then it would be Essence of Magic if my sims are fairies.  Have yet to play witches for some reason.  I have made the Friendship and Bliss ones and sold them, or toss the bliss on others, but never used it on my sims, need to do so. 
I have been making the Potent Cure to toss on the weres, they drive me nuts with their constant destruction when they are around.   
As for what is hard to find, it is the beetles for me, mainly the stag ones.  In butterflies, it would be the crypt moths, can't seem to find them. 
Metals seem to be the hardest ones, depends on what town, MF I don't seem to have a problem for any (metals or gems).   In SV it is random for both, but I have to do a lot of searching for most of them.  RV is not much trouble in finding any.  Tanzinte might be the hardest. 

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
I grind the bliss to make achievements (make 150 elixir, use 50 elixir). Second are invigoration and few wish enhancer when about to marry/complete life wish. With witches also make essence of magic.

Most hard ingredient is the red almiral butterfly of wish enhancer, so that's why i use it very selectively.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 12:35:24 AM »
I am pretty much the same as everyone else, just to add Job Booster. My Sims tend to be self-employed and the boost from that elixir is great.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 08:39:51 AM »
I like to start a new town and move my alchemist in the town and then make an elixir to turn everyone in town into a witch or fairy.  Pretty cool to see everyone riding a broom or flying through town.  Other than that, I pretty much make the same thing as everyone else.  I like the skill booster the best. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 09:49:37 AM »
I hadn't thought of moving my sims to another town to do some changes.  I have to admit that I leave the "normals" alone, but get rid of a couple of the weres.  Their constant clawing, tearing up anything they are near, and their stupid walk is driving me crazy. 
Plus, the kids don't seem to age, I have had the one girl, Wilma (?) be a child while one of my sims has gone from newborn to at least teen, if not longer.  Don't they ever grow up?

Anyhow, bunches and bunches of potent cures and a few total personality changes, one for the Papa were.  He is such a grouch. 

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »
Loads of potent cure, to throw at zombies during full moon.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 05:36:39 PM »
My technophobe Sim usually has a fun bar that doesn't fill very easily, especially in a pinch before work. I use the potion that fills up fun/social. Also the sleeping potion when my Sims are on skilling binges.