Author Topic: An Imaginary Friend Problem  (Read 3097 times)

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
An Imaginary Friend Problem
« on: May 30, 2013, 11:33:09 PM »
My IF is glitching, won't move, won't allow the child to interact with, and won't turn into a sitting on the floor doll when she sleeps. I don't know what to do. It might be because I cancelled the interaction before the child handed it a make real potion.

The reason I did was to move to a larger area for the transformation. Now it's glitched, and I don't know what to do! Please help me, thank you!!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: An Imaginary Friend Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 05:23:45 AM »
Have you tried ResetSim?  Also, maybe go back to a previous save or the backup save.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 01:21:49 PM »
The previous save was before a lot of big things so I just gave up and did delete object. I didn't have the doll under my control, so I don't think I could have done resetsim (could I?).
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:23:52 PM »
ResetSim should have worked.  The IF is basically named "InsertDollName" "InsertFamilyName".   So when one of my heirs has a best friend IF named Fluffs, their name is Fluffs Grim.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 01:36:04 PM »
Ohh, well to late now. Its not a big deal. But I will remember that for the future!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 01:20:27 AM »
So, it's not really a problem, per se, and I've no idea if this is related to Patch 1.55 or if my doll was weirdly glitched.

I started a second Immortal Dynasty file (only into Generation 2). I did move in a helper family with my founder, the wife was already pregnant. So their daughter Fran gets an IF, whom I named Jaime. When Fran aged up to YA, I kept the doll in her personal inventory. Randomly one day, there is a non-doll Sim named Jaime doing the funny doll-walk through the house, and is visible to everyone. So I yank the doll out of Fran's inventory, but the doll stays in inert doll form on the floor, while Jaime doll-struts around as a non-doll.

Just to make sure Gen2 (Kate) didn't have the same weird doll thing, I take her doll (Drake) and toss him on the floor. He's a normal doll.

When Fran and Kate go to bed, Drake does the happy "Whee!" and reverts to inert form. Jaime just disappears. So I wake Fran up, and the inert doll Jaime functions properly. When she goes back to bed, Jaime does the happy "Whee!" and reverts to inert form.

Fixed, right?

Well, Kate just aged up YA. This time, to prevent any weird doll aging glitch, I removed Drake from her inventory. For the heck of it, I pulled Jaime out too (and of course, they both teleported off the roof). Drake aged up. Jaime...wandered around in doll form, then I got the notice that he has to leave soon, as he needs to be somewhere else. Then he says bye, and struts out the front door...into a Tofunda Wagon...and goes to the Bistro.

I haven't continued yet to see if he ever comes back, but has anyone ever had a runaway doll?

Fran didn't complete the Imaginary Friend opp (nor did Kate). No potions to turn them real. But Drake is still here, and Jaime just fled.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 01:25:49 AM »
Wow... that's crazy! Never had that one happen to me! Good Luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 01:32:52 AM »
I had an IF at one time that didn't stay.  In fact, he walked to the beach where the rest of the town sat for days on end.   I've also had IF's randomly invite me to parties and they were real Sims but had never been turned real.  And this was before the patch.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 01:36:11 AM »
At least it's not just me!

I did go back to the Bistro toward the end of Jonah's (Fran's brother) work shift, to see if Jaime would stroll out.

Then a thought hit me.

Lo and behold, Jaime is now Jonah's boss at the Bistro... ???

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 01:37:39 AM »
I think perhaps it's because IFs are part of the NPC network and something about the game just suddenly started pulling from them to fulfill jobs.  It's strange.