Author Topic: When does a skill's 'products' count towards a Self Employed Career  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Hi,

If I have a sim in the Science Rabbit hole Career raise gardening and fishing skills by gardening and catching fish respectively, and later on decide to change to either gardening or fishing as a self employed career (because I want to do the Jack of All Trades LTW) will the gardening and fishing products grown/caught only count towards the relevant Self Employed Career once my sim has entered that SE career, or will all of the products grown/caught by that sim count regardless of when they are grown/caught?

Also, if I have a Law Enforcement officer who does photography on the side, will the photos he takes while a police officer count if he should later change to Self Employed Photographer, or will it only be those he takes while a Self Employed Photographer?

In any case, I assume that when selling your products that you need to wait for your sim to be in the relevant self employed career for sold products to count towards their self employed career, ie photographs sold by the police officer and produce/fish sold by the gardener/fisherman don't count while they are a police officer and gardener/fisherman respectively. Can anyone provide guidance on this?

Thanks

Deklitch

Chuckles_82

Re: When does a skill's 'products' count towards a Self Employed Career
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 03:57:03 AM »
Any produce/fish/photos that your sim grows/catches/takes will count towards their respective career once they are sold. Career performance for the self employed career tracks is based on profit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:07:31 AM »
Chuckles is exactly right.  The produce/fish/photos will count toward the self-employment career when they are sold.  And, yes, your Sim has to be officially in the self-employment career at the time of sale.  So, if you have a pile of fish sitting in your Sim's inventory and he changes to the Fishing self-employment career, go sell all of those fish and your Sim will go to whatever level of the career that amount of sales produces.  I had a Sim who did painting on the side while in a rabbit hole career.  When he switched careers, I took all of his paintings to the Consignment Store.  He went straight to level 10 when they got sold!  It was awesome!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:18:36 AM »
Thank you Pam and Chuckles, I thought that was the case.

Dek

anything