Author Topic: Can you place a family in a travel destination?  (Read 2167 times)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Can you place a family in a travel destination?
« on: June 05, 2013, 01:02:49 PM »
As the title says, I'm wondering if its possible to place a family/household from the bin into a WA location, into one of the vacant homes.  Basis for question is this.  I'm sketching out a story idea, and part of it involves my Sim meeting a vampire in France.  So I was wondering if its possible to make a vampire and stick him in France for when my Sim travels there, to eventually woo and ask him to move in.  By connection, is there a way to give said vampire the French hidden trait?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Can you place a family in a travel destination?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 01:19:05 PM »
To give him the french hidden trait would either take planning on your part of raising a vampire with french parents or using a mod.

I'm actually testing in game now if I can place someone in France. 

Of course you could also have the Vampire be in your household when you go to France.

Edit: I was able to place someone in France - have my active family go to France and meet him.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »
I guess I could also see about my sim taking a vampire potion with him and turning someone in france into a vampire.  Though I know someone has mentioned problems about changing life states while travling.

So it could take some setup by playing in advance to meet and move in a french person, possibly a pair, have them have a kid that I turn into a vampire, if I don't turn them first, save the vampire to the bin once he is a YA, and then place him in france for my other story to meet.  That will be fun.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:38:15 PM »
Remember there are already children in France.  You could just as easily steal one from a game and age him up and make him a vampire then use him.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 01:50:02 PM »
But that would be kidnapping. :-[