Author Topic: Island Paradise - Screenshots  (Read 78252 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Island Paradise - Screenshots
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2013, 11:06:53 PM »
Mermaids can't be attacked by a shark.  Just so you know.  That gnome comes up everywhere, too. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
A few screenies:

Morning has broken.......around 4 am Simtime

Moonstruck morning, same time but longer view.  I thought it was interesting to see the half moon that way.

And rising in the opposite horizon same time, same day.....here come the sun

What is this statue?  Same morning, same time, note the sun to the side just rising.

Later that morning, a paparazzi invited herself to breakfast and along came........the Kraken!  Not a good thing to have with your morning coffee.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2013, 04:57:07 PM »
Joria,your pictures of the sunset/sunrise are beautiful

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2013, 05:13:28 PM »
I've been lucky enough to see the Kraken about three times; he's always accompanied by a strange, ghost-like noise. Since my family doesn't own any small boats yet, I don't exactly feel threatened by him. It's a beautiful effect, really, very atmospheric.

Offline ilovegnomeland

• Nooboo
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2013, 02:04:02 AM »
Part 1 of my set. Part 2 is below.

I really liked this picture, though there is a problem I'm sure many of you will notice. I ignorantly reset this sim before her transformation into a mermaid was complete. That is why her fins are not present underwater, just scaly legs. A precautionary tale for the impatient. Just wait and put your speed at 3x if the transformation is taking too long. :)

Underwater mermaid fun.

After their underwater chat, the two mermaids above made for the cave to WooHoo. ;)

A scuba diver about to explore an underwater cave at night. Hopefully, those mermaids didn't mess things up in there.

Ariel La Mer's transformation into a mermaid. She's wearing her Celtic dress from Dragon Valley. I love that dress.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2013, 02:12:03 AM »
Here's my Sim turning into a mermaid at the supermarket of course.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ilovegnomeland

• Nooboo
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2013, 02:12:34 AM »
Here's part two of my set. I couldn't fit them all on one post because of the 5 picture maximum.

This is what happens when you let your mermaid, or merman in this case, go too long without water. Thankfully, his pregnant wife was nearby with a bucket in hand.

JAWS moment! This is PROBABLY not the best time to go snorkeling. Fortunately, she wasn't attacked.

These are my first screenshots on Carl's Forums. I haven't posted much here, but I have about 2,000 screenshots, so I'll post more in the appropriate threads. I hope to capture more pictures of Isla Paradiso because it's a beautiful world. I know these ones aren't that impressive, but now that I know how to post screenshots I'll be more thoughtful when it comes to capturing images in my game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ilovegnomeland

• Nooboo
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2013, 02:17:10 AM »
I've been lucky enough to see the Kraken about three times; he's always accompanied by a strange, ghost-like noise. Since my family doesn't own any small boats yet, I don't exactly feel threatened by him. It's a beautiful effect, really, very atmospheric.

I'm jealous. I've yet to see the Kraken. I got the Friend of the Kraken LTR for one of my sims, but I don't know how to use it. Supposedly, you can send the Kraken after another boat. If anyone knows how you sic the Kraken on another boat, I'm all ears.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2013, 05:59:26 AM »
I finally got my first sea horse.  They are worth almost 2,000, not sure what I want to do with it.  They don't need the money and fish always die in the aquarium. 

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2013, 12:46:17 PM »
I finally got my first sea horse.  They are worth almost 2,000, not sure what I want to do with it.  They don't need the money and fish always die in the aquarium. 

Salty you can keep it in the frig or his inventory.  It won't die there.  Conversely, you can put it in an aquarium and put the aquarium with sea horse in it in your family inventory and just take it out occasionally when you want to look at it.  Fish and other sea life don't die that way.  I'm assuming you do remember to feed them, right?  No need to feed if you keep them in the frig or inventory.  Oh, and if you have that SN storage thing for alchemy items, you can keep sea life in there alive and well.  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2013, 06:00:19 PM »
Well, umm, I kind of do forget to feed them, lol.  I really want to put it in an aquarium, for some reason, sort of like the mail, I forget.  I will just leave the little guy in my sim's inventory or sell it.  I am sure there will be more. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2013, 01:56:34 AM »
The pictures are great!  Hehehe... did anyone know that as a lifeguard (Not sure what level of the career the option appears though) you can do a romantic interaction called "Demonstrate mouth to mouth"?  Here is a couple pictures of it: the husband pretends to need rescuing... I thought it was hysterical XD

Then the wife obliges by "saving his life"

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2013, 06:17:05 AM »
I hope this is okay for this thread as it's not in Isla Paradiso but is houseboat related.

I thought before I load up my dynasty I better check to see what is possible in Riverview so I added a port and built a little houseboat, just as I was moving it I could see that Llama mascot off in the distance, just no escping those things  ::)

I copied the port lot from Isla Paradiso, it was port plenty, not too easy to find a spot it would go without it sinking the ground too much, in the end I got it to fit on the tip of the central island with a bit of terrain smoothing.

But while it's sort of neat to have a houseboat on the River you can't go very far with it because the bridges are all fakes, it's land with a facing on, so this was the end of my journey.

So not sure it's worth the hassle of adding ports to town unless you really want a houseboat but you can at least do all the other activites like windsurfing, and snorkeling, I do like the fact that first Seasons and now Island Paradise have made the water something you can have fun with rather than it just being a part of the landscape.

But back to Isla Paradiso where my sim found a squid in Davy Jones Locker, I thought it was such pretty colours I had to get a close up pic.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2013, 10:14:46 AM »
A night pic :

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2013, 07:02:56 AM »
I took this photo of my Sim on her jetski today and I really like it. It shows the science lab and a house in Isla Paradiso.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations