Author Topic: Running a Resort Hints/Tips  (Read 146206 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Running a Resort Hints/Tips
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2013, 06:58:45 PM »
My game locks up almost every time my active Sims go to a resort. So I end up owning/upgrading them but the Sim who owns said resort never visits.

Are your Sims self-employed?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2013, 07:21:39 PM »
My sister and I are having the same problem, but only in IP.  Every time I go to a resort in IP, my game seriously freezes and have to shut it down.  I have no problems in other towns.  I love the resorts.  Gobias Koffi has two of them and in his house there is 4 roommates.  He is also a lifeguard, he does pretty well financially.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2013, 09:16:21 PM »
Are your Sims self-employed?

Yes, actually. Matteo is a fisherman and Phillip is a Diver. So self-employed sims lock up but rabbithole job sims do not?

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
Yes, actually. Matteo is a fisherman and Phillip is a Diver. So self-employed sims lock up but rabbithole job sims do not?

My resort owner is a self-employed fisherwoman and I have not encountered this problem, she owns two resorts, one of which is massive. She essentially lives on them and rarely goes to her actual home.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2013, 09:28:36 PM »
It's not just owning the resort but just staying in them. I wanted to say at the Costa de Verde resort and upon check-in the game locked up three times in a row, so I gave it up.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2013, 06:08:27 AM »
Like I said, I have no problem with my own resort, just in visiting one or going to the one I made in IP. 

My couple is married, the man initially owned the resorts before he got married.  When I have the wife selected and I click on the resort, there is no option for her to even manage the resort.  I do hope any kids they get will inherit the resort when he is gone.  Both are five stars and doing well.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
It's not just owning the resort but just staying in them. I wanted to say at the Costa de Verde resort and upon check-in the game locked up three times in a row, so I gave it up.

Don't "Check In" at your own resort. You will still be able to make full use of the amenities, and can sleep in the tower. You just won't be able to use any VIP rooms.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2013, 02:12:40 AM »
After all that work, I can't not link the resort guide post here. I took all notes myself so little tips you guys have discovered are probably not in there - please feel free to share your best ideas in the comments section of the various pages to improve the guide for other players.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2013, 02:27:41 AM »
Yay thank you so much carl!  I am really impressed by how fast the guide for ip is coming together. Just is proof to how awesome the guide and forum are ! :D
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 12:10:33 PM »
So, couple things. 

- Are you limited to 3 workers?  It seems to automatically delete workers if I go up to 3 in any category.

- If you buy a street art kit or a few of the other items you have to pick up to use and place them on a resort lot, they may become frozen.

- Should I just place empty mooring and parking spaces to encourage visitors, or will this not make a huge difference?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
You can only have 3 maintenance workers.  The frozen glitch has been around for a long time but now it's just made worse and more global so yeah thank for mentioning that.

I don't think empty moorings and parking spaces will encourage visitors, just encourage more vehicles in the inventories of townies.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2013, 01:53:30 PM »
The most efficient rabbit hole is the Beach Resort Tower. In 10x13 tiles you can host 42 visitors, so it's 3,09 tiles per visitor. Also, it cost 16,500€ to make the 42 beds, less than 393€ each bed.

The big one, Eco-Modern Resort Tower need 16x22 tiles to host 70 visitors, so more than 5 tiles each. Also it cost 542,85 each bed.

The colonial spanish one is a no brainer, more expensive (16,600€) than Beach Resort Tower, uses more tiles (10x29) and host less beds (40) so 7,25 tiles per visitor and 395,23$ each bed. Indeed, you can replace one of those for two Beach Resort Tower to more than double gains.

Offline Bluebonnet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2013, 01:54:52 PM »
I'm working on my resort right now and I'm in the middle of everything. No mooring and no parking spaces, but my resort is fully booked! So I don't think this will make a difference. I think I'll also include a playpen and some places for the kids and see if this will have an influence. So far I only have seen adults in my resort.
Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline blackforest0

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2013, 07:55:05 PM »
I've got 2 resorts so far, and the first one (5-stars) is bringing 10,000+ simoleans each time I collect profits.
But, the 5-star resort seems to be getting roaches, even though I have 3 high-quality workers. I've been sending my sim over to both of her resorts, and scouted around to see if I could find them. I think you have to stomp on them when you find them, because after doing that I didn't have anymore roach complaints.
And, the towers are somewhat re-colorable. I know for the beach resort towers, for instance, have about 3 different color combinations you can choose. I'm not too fond of any of them, but it's something.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2013, 08:56:43 PM »
I was having a problem with roaches, and I also noticed my maintenance workers were acting like there were pathing problems.  On a whim I checked the basement level (my resort has no basement, but it shows because of the hot tub bottom) and it turned out roaches were spawning down there where the sims can't go. I used testing cheats to delete them and that stopped the roach complaints and the pathing issues.