Author Topic: Does anyone have a lag-free game?  (Read 106429 times)

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
Re: Does anyone have a lag-free game?
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2013, 01:46:15 AM »
I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but playing on default graphics in windowed mode has done WONDERS! I've been able to play hours on end! I'm so happy and pleased with it … for months, I've had just flat out trouble with the Sims 3. Constant lagging & crashing ruined my Immortal dynasty. :( But, after doing numerous factory resets & regular cache cleaning, right when I was at my breaking point, I finally made a pretty good decision. I reinstalled the game, and read that windowed mode and default graphics run great. I was truly at my breaking point a week or two ago. I seriously considered completely uninstalling the game until in my mind I got the only problem solver, a new computer. So, it's a great thing to try if you haven't already. If you have, well … try a mod such as Twallan's Overwatch(?) Mod. But you'd have to ask someone more experienced about that to be sure.
:)

•simlover16•
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 02:21:11 AM »
Mine's work just fine... (and my laptop is a normal Toshiba laptop and I haven't upgraded it with anything since I bought it)
So does it in Bridgeport.

Even if it had just a bit of weird sprinkler issues (it won't ever turn off and the plant around it keep saying it's wilting because no water) but I highly suspecting it is because the mod I installed. Because everything run just fine and bug free before the mods but totally no automatic townie progression to married or have kids at all.
The sprinkler go weird ever since mods, even after I remove the mods temporarily for the dynasty I'm playing.
So, I 'd said the win-win solution: I turn off the sprinkler every time it finished watering the plants.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ethyrdude

• Nooboo
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2014, 10:20:01 AM »
Had some issues at first, short answer to fixing them, choose your mods wisely, not all improve game play, make sure you are patched up-to-date and don't be afraid to use a cheat now and then to resolve routing issues, I found I had a lot at first, even with a "routing fixed" map.  I still use mods, and they don't seem to cause lag at all, but can cause other issues, especially core mods so use wisely and don't be afraid to remove and test if you have issues or lag.

Using a 3 year old Acer Aspire - 1st gen i5, Ati HD 5570, 6 g ddr3 ram, 1.5t HDD, this is not a killer gaming rig but runs the game decently at high settings, a little lag at times and the only crashes I have had is with Mod conflicts, but no sims have been hurt during those events. :)

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2014, 07:07:55 AM »
11 weeks in and works well with default graphic settings. The family tree is broken, some sims age up incorrectly and there are some routing issues, but they aren't something I'm unable to work with.

Offline Azzazzel

• Nooboo
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2014, 09:41:54 PM »
I also had this problem and found this blog http://missangie2356.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-i-fixed-island-paradise-lag.html.

For my part, I immediately proceeded to the last part where I used some mods. So far it is working for me.

Offline ShirleyShine

• Nooboo
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2014, 08:59:14 AM »
My IP runs pretty well.
Must add, I disable all options available, Only turn on the collection butterfly for a 'hint' + turn it off.
I always pause before going to map view, and had found most of the problems mentioned and repaired
them. [bath wrong way around, front doors not set correctly etc]
I made sure not to place any new lots at all, and played to level 10 in the Life guard career and got all
the islands unlocked.
I had no trouble with Hobarts, ran it to 5 stars and sold it.
I have no mods, and use the Map to the Stars at 3 am with my game on pause to see if anyone is stuck
then reset them with the first name last name.
Bridgeport runs smoothly for me too. Always has, as long as I pick up and put down the elevator in Aquarius, and fix a little problem on top of the stairs in the Prosper Room.
Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe it pays to go in and check everything out from Edit town before launching a game.
I find it time well spent.

Offline ZeldaX

• Nooboo
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »
Island Paradise is the only game I have that lags on me, and I have other games (Moonlight Falls, Hidden Springs, Midnight Hollow) with specialty houses and businesses and families of eight which have no lag at all.  I have tried deleting some of the families on IP and that helped "a little" but I still get some lag and it drives me crazy.  I am not a patient person when living in the SIM world.  If anyone knows the secret, it would be great to find out where the problem lies.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline totte1015

• Nooboo
Steps to make the world lag free?
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 07:35:38 AM »
Anyone got any good, concrete tips and tricks to make the Isla Paradiso world totally lag-free?

As it is now, every in-game hour or something I get a 4-sec freeze, whilist the blobs and animations still going.
Its really annoying, and I think it has to do with routing and stuff.

Does anyone have any good solutions?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Steps to make the world lag free?
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum, totte1015.

We already have a thread on dealing with the lag in Isla Paradiso.  There are a number of suggestions there.  I'm going to merge your question into that thread.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Kaeadar

• Nooboo
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2014, 04:11:22 AM »
*Update*

So I have some good/bad news on the IP front.  I got so frustrated with the lag issues that I was ready to chalk up IP as a bad purchase and play in another town.  Prior to reaching that level I tried everything, from adjusting graphical settings/patching/and disabling some expansion features like pet spawning and horses.  The final solution ended up simply being deleting the houseboats.  For whatever reason the houseboats themselves were the source of all my lag, and especially owning one with a curved bow seemed to only make the problem worse.  If you are ok with not playing on a houseboat, I would consider trying this option.

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2014, 04:52:37 AM »
I never had any lag with IP which is why I could play my dynasty there.
I played in window mode. Could it be the reason of my smooth play?

Offline qdogg73

• Nooboo
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2014, 02:49:34 AM »
I do. First you need atleast 120gb Samsung SSD. Sims 3 uses about 60gb between all expansions and item content including store. You also need atleast 4gb of ram as Sims 3 alone uses about 2gb when running.

This reduces 98% of the lag. The loading/ saving times are better but still seems slow. There is nothing that can be done about that; just bad programming.

I hope this helps and gl.

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2014, 06:39:27 AM »
You could just changed the playing mode into windowed mode. My 2GB RAM Toshiba laptop worked just fine with normal loading time.

Offline geekgirl101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2014, 01:20:56 AM »
The world design for Isla Paradiso is screwy.  Even the "fixed" world at modthesims doesn't fix all problems but it does solve quite a few of them.  The one major problem I have now is when sims visit my boathouse.  If they approach it from one side they can't reach it and that makes the game lag like crazy until I reset them.

You will most likely discover the reason for the lag is because a sim wanted to go somewhere and can't get there.  Look on the small isles for sims or for sims crowding around your boathouse stomping waving their arms like flag carriers.

Offline traceysreviews

• Nooboo
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2014, 05:52:43 PM »
Ive had to uninstall island paradise altogether because it's so lag and glitchy.  :-[ wish that it would work properly because i really like this expansion.

anything