Author Topic: Goblin King Dynasty - Jareth Strikes Back  (Read 92040 times)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Goblin King Dynasty - Jareth Strikes Back
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:45:23 AM »
Goblin King Dynasty - Prologue

Somewhere, there is a place where all stories are real and all dreams are truth.
This is not that place.
This is not quite that place, but it's close.

— Narration from "Roommates 61 - Lundi"

Roommates is a webcomic in which characters from different stories/movies, etc, live in the same apartment building.  It chiefly deals with Jareth the Goblin King, Erik the Opera Ghost from Phantom, (the original Roommates), Commodore James Norrington from the Pirates of the Caribbean and Inspecter Javert from Les Miz.  Love interests Sarah Williams and Christine Daae share a flat downstairs.  Lots of old friends, such as Tony Stark, Legolas, Sweeney Todd, Nanny Ogg and many more find a home in the buildingverse.  I'm grateful to the creator for allowing me to use her concept.

Where it all started...

"And I tell you for the last time, Jareth, it's not going to work"  Sarah raged at the soggy owl in front of her.  "I'm tired of this!  Why can't you just leave me alone?"

"Never going to happen," James said, shifting between Javert and Erik on the couch and reaching for a handful of popcorn from the bowl on the table.  "He can't believe you won't forgive him when he looks so pitiful."

Christine regarded the ball of wet feathers perched on the arm of Sarah's chair and blew her hair out of her eyes.  "It's no good, GK.  You went too far this time."

Jareth returned to his normal form in his usual POOF of glitter.  He stalked across the room, almost crashing into Legolas, who was bringing in herbal tea.  "LO!" the elf said, "there's a certain tenseness in the air.  Should I have made more chamomile?"

"Mind your manners, Jareth.  Legolas was telling us about the reason he was away for a while.  He knows how to support his friends!"  Sarah snapped, and nodded to the elf in thanks as she took her tea from the tray he was holding.  A few drops fell on his flowered apron.

"Sarah, Precious, let me explain," Jareth began, but the feisty brunette held up her hand. 

"You couldn't do anything that took real hard work and effort!" she told him bluntly.  "You'd just trick or cheat your way through."

"I would not!" Jareth stormed.  "I can finish what I start, as I keep telling you.  You just refuse to believe me."

"This is getting good," Christine whispered to Erik.  He blushed, and hoped she didn't notice it past the mask. 

"Prove it, Jareth!"  Sarah challenged.  "Why don't you go do what Legolas did?"

Legolas started, spilling tea in Javert's lap.  The big man sighed and wiped at it with Jamie's shirt tail.  "That's not such a good idea, Miss Williams,"  the elf said.  "There's more to it than just poofing in.  He'd have to start with nothing, then there is the ethical dilemma of his having children in a universe he's really got no business in."

"We can go!"  Christine piped up in her bell like voice.  "I'm sure His Royal Persuasiveness over there can make some kind of arrangement with the locals.  Quid pro quo or whatever."

"Save your breath, Chris.  His Glitteriness couldn't take it.  He'd give in before it was half over.  I'd bet my next vacation on it."

"I accept your challenge, Precious," Jareth grinned, showing sharp white teeth.  "When I'm finished, we'll have that week in Paris I always wanted."

"Oh, no," Sarah began, "I'm not agreeing to that!"

"What's said is said, Sarah."  He turned to Legolas.  "How do I get in?  Can you give me directions?"

Legolas, eyes wide, stared at him.  "You have no idea what you're getting into.  There are procedures, rules, schedules to keep."

"You managed."  Jareth said.  The elf drew his brows together.

"Please, Legolas."  Christine interrupted.  "If nothing else, it will keep the glitter off the carpets around here for a while."

"Go ahead, Legolas," Sarah told him, crossing her arms.  "He'll never get it off the ground anyway."

"If you ladies insist," he said, rubbing the end of one braid nervously, "I do know a sort of...liaison with that world.  I could make a couple of phone calls..."
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - Prologue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »
Awesome prologue, Tia. I can't wait to find out more! I'll definitely be reading :D
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - Ready, Set, Go!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:09 PM »
Awesome prologue, Tia. I can't wait to find out more! I'll definitely be reading :D

Thanks, Pyro, I'm glad you like it.   ;D

Goblin King Dynasty - Chapter One - Ready, Set, Go!

"No, Ma, I think his eyes are still off," Gwendy remarked as she peered over Tia's shoulder.  "NotGwendy, come take a look at this."

"He doesn't look Bowie enough."  NotGwendy said, looking at the screen.

"Are you quite done yet?" Jareth snarked over the speaker phone.

"This is delicate work, Jareth," Legolas told him.

"Move over, let me fix him," Gwendy, world class fan of said David, remarked, sliding onto the chair and forcing Tia to the side.  "I've got a reference or two."

"I've got a cc for his eyes, that's what we need," NotGwendy said, booting up her laptop.

Two bottles of coke, a bag of chips and a lot of "Are his ears pointed or not?" later, Gwendy sat back and let NotGwendy tweak the eyes.

"Well, Jareth?"  Tia asked.  "Will it do?"

"I suppose it must."  Jareth said, as Legolas pushed him down the modem and into the computer.

"So easy even the elf could do it," Legolas mocked under his breath.  "Wait till the first time he sees the field."

"Settle down, gang," Tia said, as Gwendy and NotGwendy laughed.  "We've still got a lot of work to do.  Jareth, did you bring clothes?"

"Of course I did!" Jareth gasped in horror.  "I saw the pictures of the capri pants on that chap in Egypt!"

"Fine.  Show me what you've got while we work out the rest.  Let's see, Traits...hmm"

"Have they got Arrogance yet?" Legolas' voice crackled down the phone.

"Snob," Gwendy replied.

"Not happening," Tia interjected.  "Much as I agree.  He gets Ambitious, right up.  And Born Salesman, I think...what the heck is that?"

"This is this universe's version of Goblin Armour.  I borrowed it from that friend of the elf's."

The ladies in the kitchen could hear Legolas' blush.

"And that's your formal?  Fine."

"Why Born Salesman?" NotGwendy asked. 

"He must have a good line the way he manages to keep pushing those peaches," Tia answered.   "What other talents do you have, Jareth?  Besides baby-snatching and singing, I mean."

"I'll have you know," Jareth's voice came back from behind the screen, dripping with disdain, "that I created and built an entire living, changing Labyrinth."

"Ooh, he's taking that tone with Ma!"  NotGwendy quipped in glee.  "Look out, GK, she doesn't put up with that from anyone."

"If you make her start washing walls, I'm sending Drizz over to kick your butt, Oh Glittery-One."  Gwendy told him.

"Drizz...who?"  Jareth asked, coming back into view.

"Didn't you give him the reading material, Lasse?"  Tia asked, as she stared at the Goblin King.  "Swimming?" she asked, trying to keep the giggles from her voice.

"I managed to flip through it a bit,"  Jareth said.  "Oh, you mean that charming young Drizzelda woman.  Lucky chap, that Arlo.  A real beauty."

"I should have said Darleena."  Gwendy said grimly.

"Back to business."  Tia told them.  "I'm giving you Artistic and Savvy Sculptor.  You can do all the portraits and sculptures for the museum.  Last trait, let's see..."

"Virtuoso!" Gwendy and NotGwendy chimed together.

"Useless in a founder.  Charismatic would be better."

"Virtuoso!" Gwendy and NotGwendy said again, giving Tia a double dose of "the eyes". 

"Fine." Tia sighed.  "But no guitars until he's done his requirements.  Let's see, Lifetime Wish..."

"A week in Paris with Sarah."  Jareth said, changing again.

"He's going to crash and burn so badly.  I'm starting to feel sorry for him.  Give him mine." Legolas said.

"Lap of Luxury it is.  I'm going to Sunset Valley, I don't want to deal with the rabbit holes again."

"Make him a witch, Ma." NotGwendy said.  Tia frantically tried to shush her.

"A witch?  You mean I have no magic?"  Jareth asked.

"Ah, crumbs," Tia muttered.  "Do I have to? He's going to be enough to handle on his own without blasting everything with fire balls."

"He is the Goblin King," Gwendy said.  "He should have magic."

"Fine."  Tia clicked the mouse.  "Now, the ground rules.  Lasse?  Can you put Sarah on the phone?"

"I'm here," Sarah's voice came chuckling down the line.  "You look ridiculous, Jareth."

"Nice to hear from you, Precious," he replied, flicking imaginary dust from his coat sleeve.  "Packing for our trip yet?"

"Okay," Tia broke in, forestalling another argument.  "These are the rules we've agreed on.  Jareth will complete the Dynasty.  He will do all the art for the museum.  You should be able to do portraits and photos from the birth of Gen 2, and I'm expecting sculptures from Gen 2's teen birthday on.  All heirs will be members of the buildingverse community, and come on a voluntary basis.  Jareth is responsible for making a deal with all spouses, to convince them to join the household."

"Real value for service rendered, Jareth, no dancing illusions,"  Sarah warned in a menacing voice.

"You wound me, Precious." Jareth retorted.

"I know you," Sarah replied.

"Ahem.  Contact between 'verses is allowed by cell phone and chat only.  No visits from either side.  Once you're in, you're in.  Lasse, we have 7 people willing to come?"

"We do.  I emailed you the list."

"Okay, that seems like it, then.  Jareth, I'm sending you to the Dynasty lot now.  Are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be.  See you soon, Precous."

"Ha!" Sarah snorted.  "Sooner than you think..."

"... and time is short."  Tia told him.  "Sunset Valley will never know what's hit it."

Gwendy and NotGwendy make a brief appearance here in thanks for all their help in getting Jareth to look like himself.  I am very grateful.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:52:39 PM »
I'm not familiar with "Roommates," but this looks like fun. I'll be reading!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Pyro0001

• Glitch Receiver
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 03:41:03 AM »
Wow, Jareth looks cool! His hair is custom content, isn't it? I love his different coloured eyes.
The Bertone Immortal Dynasty | Pyro's Studio

'You know what they call Quarter Pounders in Paris? Royale with Cheese.' - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 04:11:23 AM »
I'm not familiar with "Roommates," but this looks like fun. I'll be reading!

Thank you, Marian!  I'm expecting this dynasty to be a lot more story-heavy than the Fellowship, but just as entertaining, (I hope).  I'm sure you will recognize most, if not all of the characters who take part.  If not, let me know and I'll give you the skinny.   ;)

Wow, Jareth looks cool! His hair is custom content, isn't it? I love his different coloured eyes.

Thanks, Pyro!  His hair and eyes are cc.  It's really hard to find decent Goblin King hair out there.  But nothing but the best for His Nibs.

Chapter Two - Jareth Meets His Match

"It's an empty field," the Goblin King hissed.  "An empty field."

"There's a nice mailbox," Tia pointed out.

"A wand? I must use a wand?" he shrieked, waving it about.

Tia sighed.  "Did you do any of the research?"

"Don't take that tone with me, Minion..." he flustered.  "Where's the house?"

"You sleep in the field until we have the money to build.  We can splurge and get you a sleeping bag in the meantime.  But you're going to have to hustle.  I've got all the seasons on in this file and fall will be here in 3 weeks."

"Stop babbling nonsense.  There's got to be a way."  He paused, tapping a long, gloved finger on thin lips.  "There's that woman, here, what's her name, Angelus?"

"Agnes."  Tia said.  "But that's been done so many times.  Does it have to be poor Aggie again?"

"She has the means and I have the motive.  Where does this Maggie live?"

"It's Agnes, and I'm not letting you anywhere near her, yet.  Hop on the broom and head down to the Charisma class first.  You're going to need all the help you can get."

"A broom?" he laughed.  "You can't be serious."

"Take it.  I'll meet you after the class.  Spend the time wisely, Jareth, you only have a limited number of days to get this all done."

"Oh, yes, I can see the class did wonders for you," Tia sniggered, finding Jareth on Agnes' doorstep.  "Are you sure about this?  Everyone pesters Agnes, she's heard it all.  She knows what's involved."

"All the more reason I should solicit her cooperation."

"I hope you've got something good, then,"  Tia said.  "She'll be home soon."

"I did as you suggested and read over the notes.  I think I have a way to get her attention."

As Agnes made her way home in the gathering dusk, she let her mind wander.  It was the beginning of a new file, and the air had that certain quality that let her know it was a dynasty one.  She'd been surprised not to have been harassed at the pool. They always come for me, she thought. 

She reached her home and noticed a tall figure in the shadows, standing with his back to her, one hand resting on Erik's grave.  How dare he! her mind cried.  "You, there!" she called, coming closer.  "Show some respect!"

The man removed his hand but still didn't turn to face her.  "Good evening, Mrs Darling," he said politely.

She stopped in her tracks.  "Don't call me that," she said, with a hitch in her voice.  "Nobody calls me that."

"It's who you are, though," the man continued.  "The right names of things, the right words, have a power all their own."

"Who are you?" she asked, stepping back as he turned to face her.

"I also have many names, Mrs Darling.  But here and now I am Jareth, the Goblin King.  I have come to offer you your dreams."  He wished he had his crystals.  His fingers twitched.

Whatever chord his words may have touched in her, Agnes went instantly on the defensive.  "I know what you want and the answer is no.  I do not need to be famous in a dynasty, I've been in tons already.  Everyone knows me.  Do you know what it's like, having people come and bang on the door day and night?  And the stories they tell!  They're my long lost sister, my aunt, my nephew."

"It sounds horrible," Jareth agreed.  "May we take this discussion inside?  I saw some twitching of the neighbour's curtains."  She stared at him.  "I truly am interested in what you have to say."

Agnes thawed just a smidge, and opened the door.  "One cup of coffee and you go right back to the field or fire station, or wherever you're staying."

"Agreed."  Jareth smiled, following her inside.

"I can understand, really, but I'm tired of it," she told him, as they sipped their decaf.  Agnes had been having trouble sleeping since Erik's death and made the switch.  "Everyone thinks I'm such a pushover, desperately lonely.  All they think they have to do is offer me the hand of friendship and then they chain me to the house.  Do you have any idea," she asked, pushing back a strand of hair, "how long it takes and how hard it is to crank out twenty-five ice sculptures?  I'm always partially deaf at the end.  I get nothing but coffee and apples."

"It sounds dreadful, my dear," Jareth purred, sipping at his coffee.  "I suppose they sell the car right out from under you as well?"

"Ha!  You've got that right.  But the worst are the ones who tell me I should forget about Erik.  That I should pack up my grief and hide it in a chest in the attic."  She continued to pour out her troubles to him, feeling better after a while as he offered sympathy and made no move to counter any of her complaints with how different he would be.  She stood up and indicated it was time for her visitor to leave.

"I appreciate your listening to me, Mr King," she said.  "And I'm glad you appreciate why I can't help you.  I'm sure there are many other young ladies in town who would be more than willing."

"I haven't asked you yet."  Jareth said, shaking her hand.  "I wanted to hear all your views on the situation before I made my offer.  You are more than qualified, and my recompense must be suitable."

She snatched her hand back as if his gloves had become snakes.  "I thought you understood!  I thought you were being my friend!  You, sir, are just as bad.  Worse, because you know my feelings now."

"I would think that that would make the situation better.  We both understand exactly what the deal would entail.  Goodnight, Mrs. Darling.  May I call again tomorrow?"

"You can stay away from me for good!" she yelled, pushing him out the door.  "I don't ever want to see you again!"

"Man, you blew that, Jareth!" Tia said, sympathetically.  "I'll check out who else is available."

"No need." Jareth smiled.  "That went exactly as I planned.  Tomorrow we must call on the lovely Anya again.  For right now, I'm tired."

"You've really got to work on names, GK."

"Whatever do you mean, Tena?"  And he went back to his sleeping bag, where he slept well into the morning.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - Jareth Meets His Match
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 10:09:15 AM »
Eeeee!  A new Tia story!  And it's Jareth!  I LOVE this so much Tia!  I'm all giddy now lol  Watch out Agnes... you're dealing with the Goblin King!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - When Dealing with Goblins
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 02:08:04 AM »
Eeeee!  A new Tia story!  And it's Jareth!  I LOVE this so much Tia!  I'm all giddy now lol  Watch out Agnes... you're dealing with the Goblin King!

I'm so glad you like it, Shewolf!  Jareth's always been a favorite of mine, too.

Chapter Three - When Dealing with Goblins...

"These are intolerable conditions!  First sleeping on the ground, now third degree burns, what other treats are in store for me, hmm?"  Jareth raged, pulling out his cell phone.

"Legolas didn't complain at all, you know."  Tia muttered.  "It's only a sunburn, Jareth.  You'll be fine in a few hours."  Jareth scowled as he redialed the number.

"Dagmar doesn't seem to be taking my calls," he said, after the third try. 

"It's Agnes.  I think she hates your guts after last night.  There are lots of other single women in this town, you know."

"Nonsense, this is how she's supposed to react.  I require a partner in this enterprise, not a weakling swayed by daydreams."

"Fine.  What's our next move, Your Glitterness?"  Tia asked, rubbing her eyebrow.

"I shall visit the fire station to freshen up.  You shall go and extend an invitation to the Widow Darling."

"She doesn't like Watchers either, Jareth.  She may not talk to me."

"Tell her that I request a meeting on neutral ground.  You should also mention that once I agree to a bargain, I am bound by the laws of whatever universe I'm in to fulfill it.  She may not be as reluctant as you think."

"Ooh, that still looks nasty," Tia said, after speaking with Agnes.

"Never mind that, did she agree?"

"After a lot of fast talking, yes.  You are meeting her in the park in one hour.  Better get your game face on, Jareth."

"So nice to see you again, Mrs Darling," Jareth said warmly.  "Thank you for meeting me."

"I wasn't going to, but your Watcher...Trina?"

"Tracie," Jareth told her.

"Tia!" Tia wailed.  "This joke is getting very old, very fast!"

"Well, she told me some very interesting things about you." Agnes continued, hiding a grin.  "She also had me memorize what she called 'the right words' and told me to mention that to you immediately."

"How thoughtful of her," Jareth remarked.  "Did she drop any other pearls of wisdom into your ears?"

"Of course she did.  But really, Mr King, you cannot expect me to reveal all to you."

"Thank you, Tia," Jareth muttered.

"Smile, GK.  Equal partner, remember?"  Tia whispered back.  "I could have had her call Sarah."

"So," Jareth continued,  "Your interest has been piqued enough to bring you here.  Has anyone asked you, Mrs Darling, what it is that you want?  What will make you happy?"

Agnes held up a well manicured hand to him.  "If you are going to offer to bring Erik back at the end of the dynasty, Mr King, you can save your breath.  We would neither of us belong in the Sunset Valley of that time.  All our friends and relations would be long gone.  From what Tia tells me, the children of this dynasty will be fully formed personalities from another 'verse.  There would be nothing for us here."

"My dear," Jareth said smoothly, "if that is the type of gauche offer you are used to, no wonder you are so resentful.  I assure you, a woman of your talents could do much better than that!  Would you do me the honour of discussing this further with me over a meal at the Bistro?"

Agnes was intrigued and agreed.  "Only the meal, and only to discuss the hypothetical offer you would make me," she told him. 

"That's all I ask," Jareth said, flashing her a dazzling smile and offering her his arm.

"Now, Mrs Darling, I fully expect you to be skeptical regarding my situation, but Tia will assure you I'm telling you the truth.  I intend to deal openly and honestly with you.  You understand the nature of my dynasty, I believe?"

"Tia did say that this was all arranged to allow you to prove yourself to the woman you love," Agnes said, looking curiously at him.  "That is really the part that caught my attention.  It seems a bit of an odd way to prove yourself, considering you must father a child with another woman."

"Believe it or not, it was her idea." Jareth said, grinning.  "She is unique, my Sarah.  However, arranged marriage for the begetting of an heir is a tradition that goes back for millennium.  I am not proposing a romantic liaison but a working business arrangement.  You have the talents, energy and experience I need to make this successful.  May I lay out my requirements and what I am offering in compensation?"

"My listening to it is in no way binding on me to agree?"  Agnes asked, very curious now.

"Good heavens, no!  I am asking for your cooperation, not trying to trick you."  He shook his head.  "I wonder at the company you have been keeping."

"Then I'm ready to listen to your proposal.  Although I don't think there is anything you can offer to make me consider it."

"Very well.  Firstly, I require, as you well know, an heir.  He will be my very close friend, Erik.  I am sorry if the name causes you pain, my dear, but it is his as well."  He regarded her with sympathy and offered her a handkerchief.  She took it and dabbed at her eyes.

"We will need to sell your car," he looked at her sadly.  "I'm sorry, but the money it will bring in will give me my Lifetime Wish.  We would immediately acquire a Motive Mobile, which, of course, you may abuse to the fullest.  The money will provide us with a house, modest but adequate for our needs."

"Also, you would not be expected to do any type of art other than my three portraits for the museum.  Only three, you need only paint each one once, I have faith in your talents that they will be magnificent.  There will be no sculpting for you at all, I'm afraid."  He grinned wryly at her, and was reassured when the corner of her lip tugged up into a tiny smile.

"As well, I will require that you obtain the ingredients for the ambrosia and fill an upgraded replicator with it, and grow a few death flowers.  Once that is done, and I know it will be a lot of hard work, you will have completed your end of the bargain."

"No sculpting?  I can't believe it, who else are you moving in, then?" she asked.

"Only you.  It's one of Tia's rules.  It is I, I am afraid, who will be the art slave in this dynasty."

"I wish you the best of luck." She grinned at him.  "And what will you offer in return for all this?"

"I will re-order time for you."

She stared at him.  "You can do that?" she asked, as her mind spun with the possibilities.

"Mrs Darling, I assure you I can.  This is what I bring to the table.  On your death, you will be returned to your wedding day.  However, there will have been a small change in your honeymoon destination.  You will be nowhere near water.  As well, you will find among the wedding presents a very special gift.  There will be an antique chest filled with assorted potions, elixirs, ambrosia, etc.  Just a little something to start you on your life with Mr Darling.  Additionally, you shall be in a special, reserved file created by Tia.  In that file, you shall have no knowledge of what a dynasty is."

Agnes sat back, stunned.  "A whole life with no playable sims?  Only the town, progressing as it will?  I won't remember any of this?"

"Not a bit.  I, for one, would rather send you back as soon as you have fulfilled your end, but the rules..."

"Say that I have to die in the house," she finished absently.  Then she shook her head.  "It is a tempting offer, Mr King."

"I would offer nothing less, Mrs Darling."

"I don't know how Erik would feel about it, Mr King.  In all honesty, I must refuse.  I could never have a child, even with such a reward, unless I felt that he would agree to it as well."

Jareth looked at her in horror.  "Of course you would need to discuss this with him before making a decision!  Please, my dear, talk it over, perhaps I have missed something that you may need on top of what I have said."  He took the napkin from his lap and laid it on the table.

"As this most excellent meal is done, and we have discussed our business, allow me to escort you home."

Agnes was silent on the trip.  As Jareth walked her to her door, and she dug the keys out of her bag, she looked up at him.

"Will you come in for a cup of coffee, Mr King?"  she asked.

"Not tonight, thank you.  You and Mr Darling have much to talk about.  I shall call again tomorrow."  He shook her hand and walked down the drive, a jaunty swagger in his step.

"You are one smooth operator, Jareth."  Tia told him, admiringly.  "I got you a present."

"No more sunburn from sleeping in."
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 01:25:51 PM »
Great start.  I was half-expecting Erik to join Agnes in dynasty slavery.

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
Goblin King Dynasty - When Dealing with Goblins
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »
Same here, Hazel!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 06:10:33 PM »
Oh Jareth, you smooth, smooth Goblin King you!  Lol, that was fantastic Tia!  And I still can't get over how fantastic Jareth looks! 

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »
Best. Agnes Interpretation. Ever.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - No One Would Blame You...For Walking Away
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 12:39:41 AM »
Great start.  I was half-expecting Erik to join Agnes in dynasty slavery.

Same here, Hazel!

It crossed his mind.  But he agreed to the same rules as the Fellowship, so only moving in spouses.   ;) 

Oh Jareth, you smooth, smooth Goblin King you!  Lol, that was fantastic Tia!  And I still can't get over how fantastic Jareth looks! 

Thanks, Shewolf!  Jareth was a collaborative effort, I have to give the credit to my girls for him turning out so well.  (He gets even better as he ages, it's amazing)

Best. Agnes Interpretation. Ever.

Thanks, hon!

Chapter Four - No One Would Blame You...For Walking Away

"We're up early, GK.  What's the plan?"

"Back to the Darling house.  I want to speak with Erik before he fades."

"Most folks call it the Crumplebottom place, y'know."

Jareth stopped in his tracks.  "What a perfectly Goblinish name!  I can see why she went back to it."

"Good morning, Mr King!" Agnes called as he came up the drive.  "I was hoping to see you first thing."

"Yes, I thought you might be."  Jareth called back.  "This would be Mr Darling, I presume?"

"Erik, this is Mr King," Agnes introduced them. 

"Delighted to meet you, sir!" Jareth said, shaking hands vigorously.  "I have very much wanted to meet you."

"I've made coffee, please come in." Agnes said.  Jareth followed Erik into the house.

"What's with the Mr Darcy at Pemberly routine?"  Tia hissed in Jareth's ear.  "What are you up to?"

The Goblin King brushed her away as one would a fly.  "I have this in hand.  Don't be distracting."

They settled around the kitchen island with only a second of awkwardness.  Then Jareth began chatting as if they had all been old friends. 

"Thank you again for taking the time to consider my offer.  I want you to know that if your answer is no, I completely understand, and hope that we can all continue as we've begun, as friends and companions.  But time is growing short, and I would like to conclude the business this morning, if possible.  Mr Darling," he turned to Erik.  "May I know your feelings in this matter?"

Erik put down his coffee cup.  "It is a bit overwhelming, what you've promised Agnes."  He glanced over to his wife and then back to the mis-matched eyes of their visitor.  "But there's something I want you to agree to before we make a final decision."

"What is that?" Jareth asked politely.

"If Agnes agrees to this, and she fails, what will happen then?"

Jareth's eyes narrowed the tiniest bit, and then he laughed.  "In all seriousness, Mr Darling, I had not even considered that! What would you wish?"  Agnes blushed a bit, and reached over to hold Erik's hand.

"You told her we would be placed in a safe file, where she would never be bothered, never know what a dynasty is."

"Yes," Jareth nodded, "the minion has it set up already."  Tia huffed.

"If she fails, I want her in that file.  She deserves a life of peace."

Jareth's face softened.  He held out his hand to Erik.  "You have my word, sir.  She will be well treated, allowed to be her own person, throughout my dynasty and beyond."  They shook to seal the bargain.

Erik began to fade in the morning sunshine.  He looked at Agnes once again and nodded.  She blew him a kiss as his disappeared.  Then she stood up and moved to the stove, hiding her tears from the Goblin King.

"You are a very lucky woman, Mrs Darling," he told her.  "And he's a very lucky man."  She nodded.

"So the offer has been accepted?" he asked her gently.  She nodded again.

"I need you to say it, Mrs Darling," he told her.

"Yes, I accept the bargain, Mr King." she whispered.  There was a flash of lightning and a rumble of thunder in the cloudless summer sky.

"Done!" he told her softly.  "I can see that you've had no sleep and are exhausted.  I'll see myself out, and expect you at the field when you've got your things in order, my dear."

He got up and stood behind her.  She braced herself for his touch, but it never came.  Instead he whispered, "When you're ready, Agnes."
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 12:52:37 AM »
Awww!  So cute!  I love the soft side of Jareth.  Makes me all mushy!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 04:36:59 PM »
Awww!  So cute!  I love the soft side of Jareth.  Makes me all mushy!

Don't get too used to it, Shewolf, His Majesty has a mercurial nature, lol!  But he is very gentle with Agnes, I was surprised...
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

anything