Author Topic: Can You Purchase Limited Edition Content After Buying Regular EP?  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Chimark

• Nooboo
I see a lot of the EPs are going on sale, off and on, lately. Often I'll see a good price on say "University" but it's only for the regular edition. I wanted the extra content in that EP to throw toga parties.

My question is, is it possible to purchase a regular edition of an EP and then later on, purchase the extra content? Or do you have to have the limited edition from the start?

Thanks.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: Can You Purchase Limited Edition Content After Buying Regular EP?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 05:07:05 PM »
Once you buy the regular edition, you are stuck with the regular edition. Limited Editions are only available by pre-ordering and even if it says "Limited Edition" on the box, it is only limited edition if it has the codes for the extra content. Occasionally, these are sold on sites like eBay, but I wouldn't recommend trying that incase the disks are faulty or pirates.

Long story short, you can't add on the limited edition content if you didn't buy the limited edition game buy pre-ordering.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 11:09:26 PM »
That said, depending where you live, you may also be able to find the Limited Edition boxes at other stores like Wal-Mart, Target, etc.  In that case, the more...rural...the location, the more likely you are to find one. 

The problem then becomes you can get the 'Limited Edition' content, but you still won't have the Origin Exclusive content.  The only way to get it is to essentially buy the same expansion pack on Origin.  However, you will have to make a second Origin account, since if you already registered the Limited Edition discs, it won't 'sell' you the Origin version either.  This is a case some wish they would sell the Origin only stuff separately, even if marked up.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 11:20:46 PM »
I never tried it to see if the codes worked, but I bought the Pets addition just this year, and it was marked as Limited Edition.   I bought SN after it had come out, not sure how long I waited for that, not long I'm sure; but I didn't bother using the codes for the pea shooter, even though it was with it.  I've never bought through Origin as my son gets points and discounts at GameStop. 
I did get the Limited Edition for IP and did use the code with it, as it looked interesting.

I agree that you probably only get it with the purchase of the limited edition, which is a shame that they don't sell it later on. 

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 03:43:25 AM »
To add on to what Bri said, I managed to get the Limited Edition of Island Paradise on Saturday from GAME (In-store) and it had the codes. GAME hasn't been doing great lately so it probably had stocks left from June and I managed to get my hands on a copy. It did have the codes inside and everything and all the content is now in my game.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.