Author Topic: My house has disappeared  (Read 6051 times)

Offline lawlietismine25

• Nooboo
My house has disappeared
« on: July 21, 2013, 02:22:51 PM »
I would like to preface this by stating that I have seen another thread similar to mine, but mine is different. I saved my game yesterday and it was fine, but I loaded it today and my house is gone (while my sims are stuck inside). I quit without saving, restarted my computer, and nothing worked. Then I saw the other thread and I moved my save files (sims and sim.backup) I deleted the new one, and kept (but renamed) the .backup file. It worked, but only partially. My sims are now doing a PREVIOUS action, but the house is still gone. So, instead of being stuck in the kitchen like they were before, they are now stuck in the bedroom. My house is a giant sucken plot that does not show up as even existing. When I go to build/buy mode, it sends me to the building next door (the hospital), and when I go to edit the town, the house "tag" doesn't even show up for my place. All the other houses in town are completely fine, though. I REALLY don't want to start over. Can I be helped?

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: My house has disappeared
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 10:57:16 PM »
Hello lawlietismine25,

Sorry you have problems.  I saw this earlier, but as I do not have a definitive answer, I left it in the hope that someone else would be able to help.

I hate to see you sitting waiting without any help at all though.

Have you tried to pick the lot up with the hand tool in edit town mode?  If you can, then simply picking it up and replacing it might do the job.

I don't have much hope for this, but, you could try a factory reset.

Have you tried changing your active household to another family?  Is the house still missing when you do this?

If it is there, you could try going to edit town mode and evicting the family then replace them and finally change your active family back to your sims.

Have you checked your Sims3 saves folder for .bad files?  These need to be deleted if you have any.  ,bad files are corrupt files and can have some odd effects on your game if they are present.

Are you using mods or cc?  (my knowledge of these is all but zero - I don't use them) but, I understand that some mods, mods that need updating, and bad cc can all have some unpredictable outcomes.

If I can think of anything else to try I'll let you know.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything