Author Topic: Failed to Share <Lot>  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
Failed to Share <Lot>
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:42:41 AM »
Hey there

I've lately (once when University came out but now every time since the latest patch) been unable to share my lots. When I go to Edit Town and click the lot I've created, it "processes" for a long time, and then comes up with the message "Failed to share <lot name>"

Here are some technical details:

What's your operating system, Windows or Mac?
~ Windows 7 Ultimate

Are you using Mods or CC? (without getting too specific)
~ I do have a couple of NRAAS's mods (Pm me if you want to know which ones). They are up to date and have never caused problems before. However, the issue I'm having happens even when the mods are not installed. Same with CC. I have a couple of hairs from a trusted CC site - up to date, but never caused problems before. Again, the problem happens with or without the cc.

What Expansion and Stuff packs do you have?
~ All of them

When did you last uninstall/reinstall the game?
~ Last week I had a new motherboard installed, so I had to reinstall everything. But this problem was happening before then as well.

What were you doing at the time of the issue?
~ Trying to upload a house I built to my launcher for uploading to the Exchange.

Is your game up to date? What is your current version?
~ Yes. Updated to 1.55.4.022002

Further information about my pc:

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core - 3.5 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
64-bit Operating System
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7700

Things I do before each game play in the Sims 3 folder:

~ Clean out my cache folder except ccmerged.package
~ Empty my Downloads folder
~ Empty the Featured Items folder
~ Delete all .package files from the main folder
~ Delete the error files created by the mod I use

Things I do once-twice a week on my PC:

~ Run CCleaner
~ Run Auslogics Disk Defrag

Other things I've tried:

~ Create a brand new Electronic Arts folder by renaming the old one and forcing the game to create a new one.
~ Create a brand new The Sims 3 folder by doing the same as above.
~ Putting the lot into the new folder created
NOTE: This SOMETIMES works, but not always.

Miscellaneous:

~ I do have a number of my own patterns created using the CAP tool and textures I've found online, however the problem does occur even without those in the game/lot.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
Re: Failed to Share <Lot>
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 04:34:27 AM »
No one else has this issue? Or knows what I can do to prevent it?
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »
Hello Neashaleigh

I am sorry you are having problems, I can't say I have seen exactly this glitch.  However, since the latest patch I have found that I am unable to move lots in World Adventures edit town mode without the game crashing.  I am in the habit of moving one particular lot, house and family, to another location so that I can buy their lot for my vacation home.  I get around this by evicting the family and moving them into another house and then bulldozing the lot.  I don't know if this will help you.

Also, if I find my game behaving oddly, I usually do a factory reset to see if this will fix the problem.  It might just be worth a try.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 04:33:44 AM »
Thanks for replying. I've tried everything. The only thing that seems to work is to take the saved game from one "game" and place it into the saves folder of another "game". I have no idea why this is happening or what the difference between the two games are.

The first game is a completely new install. The second game is a factory reset (vanilla game) created by changing the name of my Electronic Arts folder and forcing the game to create a new Electronic Arts folder.

I just don't understand it :(
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 07:21:39 AM »
Neashaleigh,

Just a thought: You don't happen to have any .bad files in the folder which isn't working do you?  If you have, delete them and see if that fixes it.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 10:01:35 AM »
Neashaleigh,

Just a thought: You don't happen to have any .bad files in the folder which isn't working do you?  If you have, delete them and see if that fixes it.

Nope I don't.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio