Author Topic: Do ghosts ever die?  (Read 3206 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Do ghosts ever die?
« on: July 23, 2013, 09:37:53 AM »
I am playing the Monty family in Monte Vista and moved in Patrizio's parents. Valentine Monty is a ghost. Will he continue to live forever? His age bar says "Days to aging up: Never."

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Do ghosts ever die?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »
Without mods, playable ghosts can age and can "die." By die, I mean that they disappear into the aether without the camera panning over or Grim coming to collect them. No one in the household will get bad moodlets either.

However, Twallan's Story Progression disables ghost aging by default. I know that you play with it sometimes, so I thought that I should mention it.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Do ghosts ever die?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 09:56:27 AM »
Without mods, playable ghosts can age and can "die." By die, I mean that they disappear into the aether without the camera panning over or Grim coming to collect them. No one in the household will get bad moodlets either.

However, Twallan's Story Progression disables ghost aging by default. I know that you play with it sometimes, so I thought that I should mention it.

Thank you, Trip! Yes, I am playing with Story Progression. I'll go and look how to enable it.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
Do ghosts ever die?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:48:18 AM »
I figured it out. Thanks for your help, Trip. I find it interesting that poor Valentine always has the "chilled" moodlet.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 11:05:54 AM »
I had the same glitch with a ghost a while back. Resetting him did the trick for me, but you could use Testingcheats to remove the moodlet if that doesn't work.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:48:19 AM »
In one of my gameplay, my female sim was best friend with Cornelia Goth. Then, when she dies she get the Oh my Ghost opportunity and she take it and take the urn to the Science building. Then, Cornelia Goth came out in ghost form. After playing for some time, i got spooked from all the ghost noices, so i merge her with the current Goth household. Around 20 days after, my sim got a phone that Cornelia Goth will die. Instantly, my sim visits her house, stays up all the night. But nothing happens. So, I thinks without mods, ghosts can't die, but can go back to neverland by clicking their urn in their inventory.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 11:52:55 AM »
Hazelnut and Rica have both had ghosts "die" in their life states dynasties. It's an event that usually goes unnoticed because it isn't like usual sim death and the camera never pans over.

Come to think of it, when I finished my own life states dynasty, I got the notice that generation six's ghost brother was about to die. I might open up that file again to see what happens.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 12:47:15 PM »
I've never had a ghost sim die but yesterday I got a notice saying that a ghost in Moonlight Falls (don't remember which one) had gone to 'neverland' or something like that and couldn't be revived anymore. It said he could still come to visit the living world occasionally. I found it really strange, I had no idea ghosts could turn un-revivable eventually.