Author Topic: Roaches at resort  (Read 11807 times)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
Roaches at resort
« on: July 25, 2013, 09:16:18 AM »
I've noticed a lot of roaches at my resort. Had anyone else had this & how do I get rid of them? I'm thinking they won't help my star rating go up.

Louise56

Re: Roaches at resort
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:37:10 AM »
As far as I know, your sim must stomp them lol. Click on the roaches and the option 'stomp on' will be there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »
I noticed that but was hoping for something more permanent.

Thank you, stomping it is then.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 09:55:18 AM »
If you go into cheats mode, then Buydebug, you can move the spawner, but not delete it.  If you move it to a far corner, then place a pond and some plants in front of it, they are much less of a problem.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Bluebonnet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »
So I thought. However, the roaches were showing up in the pool - where you can't stomp them - and I got every day complaints about them. Once I moved the bugger I was able to stomp them and that was the end of it.
Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »
Excellent thanks. I know how to do buydebug but how do you find the spawned to move it, please?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »
Excellent thanks. I know how to do buydebug but how do you find the spawned to move it, please?

The roach spawners are underground.  You need to go below ground level which you can do if you have a pond or fountain or put in a small basement.  It seemed to me once I had stomped them two or three times and my rating went up, I stopped having the problem.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 05:05:40 PM »
Thanks. I found the white box things under ground but it wouldn't let me pick them up or anything. Thanks anyway.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 05:12:32 PM »
You need to use moveobjects on to be able to pick them up.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 04:29:32 AM »
Thank you. I'll give that a try.

Offline Tummy Tuck

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 01:23:43 AM »
You know you can actually delete them but it is tricky. First you have to use  testingcheats enabled true and buydebug to even see the spawners. You can't pick them up with the hand tool to delete but you can hold control and shift then right click. Then you'll have object>delete it on the pie menu. I do this all the time and it doesn't seem to cause any problems. It's perfect for those spawners stuck under ground.

I'm writing this from memory so if I got something slightly wrong I'll come back to edit.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 10:12:56 AM »
You know you can actually delete them but it is tricky. First you have to use  testingcheats enabled true and buydebug to even see the spawners. You can't pick them up with the hand tool to delete but you can hold control and shift then right click. Then you'll have object>delete it on the pie menu. I do this all the time and it doesn't seem to cause any problems. It's perfect for those spawners stuck under ground.

I'm writing this from memory so if I got something slightly wrong I'll come back to edit.

Genius! Thank you. Deleted them, your instructions worked perfectly. Thanks again

Offline cookjenn77

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 03:36:48 AM »
 I have also found that Bonetilda will step on the roaches as well. I put a bunch of Bonehildas in all my resorts and the problem eventually stopped. I put two to every building and then one in different spots on the grounds.note that they only work either during the night our the day not 24 hours. You only have to awaken them once though. Not only do they kill the roaches but will keep the grounds and buildings clean. Just make sure you have plenty of them around.I hope this works for you as it had for me. ;)

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2023, 09:10:37 AM »
Check on top of the roofs at your resorts as well. I found several roach spawn boxes on the roof at Sparkling Sands. You will have to use cheats to find them. testingcheatsenabled true, moveObjects on and buydebug on. I hope this helps someone.

anything