Author Topic: Questions about Gifts  (Read 1949 times)

Offline athena

• Occult
Questions about Gifts
« on: July 26, 2013, 04:21:01 AM »
This happened to me before with another household, but I didn't mind. But it happened again, so here's my problem.  A painter Sim painted a portrait of her neighbor and gave it to her as a gift when she was visiting the artist's house. Excited that the neighbor Sim has a portrait, I transferred the game to their house, only to be disappointed to find out that no gift (painting) was received in her inventory or in their house inventory.  Same thing happened before, a gift to a visiting neighbor does not show up in the house or personal inventory. I tried looking in the mailbox, the gift was not there either.

Does this mean that only housemates can give gifts to each other? If Sims can indeed receive gifts from their neighbors, where can I find the gifts received? While I am on this topic, how can a Sim give gifts through the mail? Sims always seem to receive gifts from "admirers", how do we do that in game play? Thanks for your replies!  :)

Offline Angélique

• Townie
Re: Questions about Gifts
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »
Before I read your post, I had never thought about this, so I tested it in my game. The same thing happened, the recipient of the gift didn't have it in his inventory when I switched to his family. So I'm pretty sure that's how it's meant to be. I don't think it's a bug.

Your second question, I have never seen any interactions for sending gifts when you click on the mailbox, so I don't think that's possible. The only options that I know of, are for sending love letters, and kleptomaniacs can return things they've stolen through the mailbox. That's only symbolic though, because I don't remember ever having seen any of the stolen items actually being returned to their rightful owners. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.