Author Topic: Confused about additional home?  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
Confused about additional home?
« on: July 28, 2013, 12:15:06 AM »
Hi all,

I purchased an additional home right next door to mine so my young adult sims and  a few teens that are my children can live in.  I just can't figure out how to move out only certain ones.  It seems like the whole household moved.  There was no option that came up to only move certain sims.

I have a family with 9 kids, a few just graduated and I want them to move out and live their own lives and start their careers.  How would I go about moving them out?  I still want to keep the original household  active.  Did I make a mistake by purchasing this additional home?  Should I just have gone into edit town and merged my home with another?  I don't want to control the household thats in the additional home.  I just want a few of the kids to live on their own in the second house  I'm not familiar with evicting or splitting up just the merging option.

Thanks so much if anyone knows what I mean :)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: Confused about additional home?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 01:52:07 AM »
I think I understand. I apologize if I'm wrong but I think what you want to do is just move out certain sims? To do that you just click the phone or computer and select the 'move out' option. You'll get to choose what sims you want to move and where they will live.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:17:39 AM »
Thank you Jamie I will try that next time I play my game but I think that when an additional home is purchased and its shown in purple in map view it seems like the only options are to buy on this lot, build on this lot or move and then everyone moves.

But thank you for responding  I'll give it a shot! :)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 01:27:01 PM »
Alright, let me know how it goes! If that doesn't work I might know another thing you could try. :)

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 05:10:19 PM »
Thank you Jamie I will try that next time I play my game but I think that when an additional home is purchased and its shown in purple in map view it seems like the only options are to buy on this lot, build on this lot or move and then everyone moves.

But thank you for responding  I'll give it a shot! :)

With the latest patch/expansion property ownership has changed.  Since your family owns the property already I don't think the game will let you move out the children to that house (since only the options you mentioned above work on an owned private property). 

If you want them to live in that house sell it using the real estate menu then immediately have one of the children use the real estate - move option on their phone.  You should be able to click on a button that says 'To House' or something similar and select the house from a map of the neighbourhood.  Select the sims you want to move out, make sure your main family still has the Active Family button checked under their name, and that should be all you need to do.

Hopefully this works for you!

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 12:54:11 AM »
Thank you anyway Jamie it didn't work because of the additional home but I appreciate your help. :)

I tried what Vinyl said and that worked, thanks so much!  I was able to sell the additional home then buy it back and the move the kids right next door.   I didn't even know I could go under the real estate option to sell.

Thank you both and have fun :)

anything