Author Topic: Building floors-help please  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
Building floors-help please
« on: July 28, 2013, 05:01:18 PM »
Could someone please tell me how to build particular flooring, as in half a floor tile. I've seen hexagonal shaped rooms but don't know how to do it. I'd like to do the flooring and not necessarily the walls.

Many thanks

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
Re: Building floors-help please
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 05:21:17 PM »
There are two ways you can do this -- build an angled room, color the floor tile and then demolish the walls, or use ctrl-F to place quarter tile pieces, which you can use to make angled flooring piece by piece.  One you finish the angled edges of the "room" you can hit ctrl-F again to disable angled tiles, and then fill the rest in with the regular flooring tool.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 06:36:50 PM »
Brilliant, thanks.

So if I wanted to build on stilts I'd have to use ctrl-f?

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 08:31:18 PM »
Oh! No... not if you mean the stilted foundations from the Island Paradise patch.  To build a diagonal foundation, you have to use the diagonal foundation tool.  (When you open the regular foundation tool, there will be a tab next to all of the different foundation types that looks like a foundation block with an arrow above it. Click that, then choose the type of foundation you want to make.)

The easiest way to do what I think you're talking about is to select one of the regular stilted foundation tools and make a cross or + sign.  Then select the same stilted foundation from the diagonal tab and drag the angled parts to fit.  Like so:

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 04:07:41 AM »
Once again brilliant, thank you. Thanks for including pictures made it a lot easier ill give it a go later.

Thanks again

anything