Author Topic: Successfully combining all EPs  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
Successfully combining all EPs
« on: July 31, 2013, 04:24:28 AM »
Hi I have a few sims 3 EPs and I was just wondering how you all combine them all in a game.

For example I am currently playing in IP, but there are no high rises from late night. And if I then get University & World Adventures etc will I lose IP.

How do you all combine the best bits of all your EPs into your games?
I'm trying to decide which EP to get next.

Chuckles_82

Re: Successfully combining all EPs
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 04:49:37 AM »
Naga has re-created Sunset Valley to hold most of the expansions. You can check it out here

Alternatively many people create their own worlds. Personally I'm creating a small world that will utilise all of the expansion packs. It will be ready sometime soon - creating sims is holding me up (link in signature).

You won't lose any parts of an expansion if you install others, however you do need to install them in order. So if you purchase an older one than your most recent installation, you will need to fully uninstall and reinstall them in order.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 05:25:01 AM »
Ginger, there's no logic there...  If you have the UL or WA expansions you could still play in Isla Paradiso. You will return home in IP whenever you will go at the Univ Campus or in a WA destination. And about the LateNight venues, you can place them where do you want in EditTown mode. The same thing with Showtime and other expansions.  :D

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 07:13:19 AM »
Also for late night check out the swap shop for community lots, some of the clubs that come with the EP are very large and hard to find spots for in other towns but there are many nice smaller sized ones forum members have made.

A lot of buildings will get auto placed in a new town, the ambitions buildings, pets equestrian center, showtime venues and supernatural elixir store and hangout, not always in the best spots mind you but you can easily move them in edit town, it's just the late night clubs that are missing as those don't get autoplaced but they are all in the community lot bin in edit town if you want to add them yourself.

There are also some high rise apartments in the houses bin.

To be honest though unless you are going to use them in a game it's not worth placing everything, it just spreads the sims about much more making the town seem less lively, can cause more lag, and an increase in homeless sims because of filling the roles in all the bars/venues so I often combine things into a multi purpose building.

For example I have the Al Fresco Street Market from the store, I placed it on a 40x40 lot in Isla Paradiso and put the consignment register and elixir register there, I put a professional bar in the Paradise Pub in the larger upstairs room, put some speakers in and a dance floor, then got rid of the picnic tables upstairs in the smaller room and put in a pool table, shuffleboard and a dartboard, then in edit town I changed it to a local watering hole now it truly is a pub not just a hangout.

Rebecca's cafe on the smaller Island got it's juice bar replaced with a barista one from Uni so you can actually use it as a cafe and buy food. Often if you look around there are places already in town that with a few tweaks can serve as a different type of lot, so that's what I do to help bring other ep's into the game rather than filling the place with new lots.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 07:26:58 AM »
You won't lose any parts of an expansion if you install others, however you do need to install them in order. So if you purchase an older one than your most recent installation, you will need to fully uninstall and reinstall them in order.

Actually, this is not correct.  (Sorry Chuckles.)  You can install any expansion pack that you buy on top of whatever you already have installed.  Now, if and when you are doing a reinstall for other reasons, go ahead and install the expansions in their release order.  Electronic Arts recommends this, but also says it's not mandatory for the game to run properly and they don't expect you to fully reinstall your game every time you add an expansion.  :)

As for the main question here, it's not feasible to put everything into every town.  Most of the time you end up just choosing which town you feel like playing.  If you want the high rises, then play Bridgeport.  You will still have all of the features and game play of all the other expansions, but you'll have to live without all of the specific buildings.  You can choose some that you really want; for example, I always want the Elixir Shop in my towns so I always add it to a vacant lot.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 08:56:10 AM »
One thing I have noticed recently is the option of moving to another town when you use the phone. You get the option to move within this town or to another. I haven't tried it myself, so I'm only guessing, but it sounds like you could say move from lazy country Riverview to the big city Bridgeport! If it does work that way, you can have the benefits of all the towns if you are prepared to move now and then.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum