Author Topic: Can't use easel and can't make my additional home my permanent house  (Read 3895 times)

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
The eisel says no interactions possible. I even sold it and bought a new one. It does the same.

Also, when I try to move to make my additional home my main one, the car shows up for a second then goes away. Can I do something so I won't need to do an uninstall reinstall? I worked so hard on the houses I have. :(

Offline Bluebonnet

• Llama Wrangler
Re: can't use eisel and can't make my additional home my permanent house
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »
The easel only works in your declared official home of the time. I don't know if you noticed, but you also can't cook in additional homes as long as you're only visiting.

I haven't tried to move into my additional homes yet, but as far as I remember there are two way to do it: a) use the phone and move or b) visit your additional home and klick somewhere on the property - there should an option pop up that says "Move Here"... have you tried both? My guess is that the first method causes problems.
Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: can't use easel and can't make my additional home my permanent house
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 08:15:56 PM »
Yeah I tried both and 'no go'.

Also I didn't know the eisel didn't work in the additional home. Thanks for telling me!

Offline Angélique

• Townie
Re: can't use easel and can't make my additional home my permanent house
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 04:10:17 PM »
I don't know if you noticed, but you also can't cook in additional homes as long as you're only visiting.

Actually you can cook in your additional home as well, but only if you click on the stove. Both the ordinary type, and the other ones from Store, Teppanyaki and Wood Fired Oven works fine, just like they do in your normal home. It's true that none of the easels work, but that other big sketching table does, so if your sim wants to practice painting in his/her additional home, and have the space and money, you can buy and use one of those instead.

And about your sim not being able to move to your additional home, have you tried letting your sim use his/her own car or bike, instead of the taxi? I tried it recently a couple of times back and forth with my sim driving her own car every time, and that went all well.