Author Topic: Question about death/ghosts/graves  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Emms

• Nooboo
Question about death/ghosts/graves
« on: July 31, 2013, 11:19:47 PM »
Hi there!

So I'm playing in the Monte Vista world, and a meteor shower hit my school, so there was alot of deaths to the kids of the school - it was pretty sad actually. I was playing one family and I switched families to another and managed to get the dead girls grave from the mausoleum and put it in the cemetary. I switched to another family, who lost their son, however in their family tree it shows him as a ghost, and his grave isn't available at the mausoleum.  Where would his grave be? I know it was made at some point because I was watching all the deaths and his grave showed up then disappeared (I thought to the mausoleum like the little girl) but since hes a ghost perhaps his grave is elsewhere?? I'm probably not going to ressurect him but would like to have the grave so the family can mourn him.

Any ideas?

Also I just found another family tree with 2 kids as ghosts as well, so I think I'll have trouble finding their graves as well...

Emms.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Question about death/ghosts/graves
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 11:31:06 PM »
Oftentimes, the game won't save a tombstone if the active family wasn't friends with the sim who died. I once watched a sim burn to death at the Bistro and get reaped, but I wasn't able to find her tombstone in the mausoleum since no one in my active family even knew her.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Emms

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 11:39:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure if that is the case here, I think the only difference I am finding, is that the little girl actually shows up as grey and dead (no ghost) in the family tree, and her tombstone was available.  But the other family trees show the "dead" sims as red ghosts... But they aren't playable, I would assume they would stay in the same family household (since they are child sims) if they were playable ghosts. So just wondering if there was a way to find their tombstones.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 02:45:05 AM »
Did you see the little girls ghost when you were watching the school? from my experience if the ghost has been active in the world even if it's just your sim witnessing their death or them wandering the graveyard the portrait will be of their ghost, if not it will be like their normal one just greyed out.

Trips right though if you didn't know them well enough there will be no grave, but you said you watched him die so I'm guessing that is the reason his portrait is the ghost.

Offline Emms

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 06:48:04 AM »
Thanks guys, I guess I was a bit overwhelmed with the whole mass death scene going on that I panicked and didn't know what was going on! Pity I wont be able to find the graves. Such a shame :(

anything