Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68245 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »
I like the idea of collections, but there is so much randomness and luck involved, it could be a problem. I've been using my immortals to practice collecting in Sunset Valley (heir #8 is a toddler), and only 2 rainbow butterflies have been spawned since gen 4 was an infant as far as I can tell. Skill objects would be simpler and more easily defined as long as they were repeatable from world to world.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2013, 02:03:37 PM »
Danielle, I really like your idea of four skill objects or four collectibles of one type. I really do like collecting. I'm pretty sure the founders are just there to basically produce heir #1 and help contribute to the ultimate moving requirements (tombstones for one) much as heir #4 would contribute to the second town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2013, 02:15:06 PM »
I could get behind Danielle's idea, too - or a mix 'n match - player's choice.

Edit: I've never played Medium lifespan, for anyone who has, how hard is it to get the obelisk tombstone? Are you pretty much cutting it to the wire, or no issues?

(Asking because I may ask to have spouses, at least, be able to contribute to the tombstone requirement, depending)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2013, 02:33:18 PM »
I think Danielle's idea is a good one, because it seems some of us are very keen on the collection idea while others aren't, so it would suit everyone's preferences. I personally would go mostly for skill items but I suppose it would be fun to mix 'n' match.

Question: I know it said you can't start the actual challenge yet, but could I make my founders and work on their backstory? I have an idea of what I want to do but it would take a little while to prepare. Also, I wanted my founders to be the offspring of original townies but slightly edited in CAS. Is that okay?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2013, 02:58:50 PM »
Question: I know it said you can't start the actual challenge yet, but could I make my founders and work on their backstory? I have an idea of what I want to do but it would take a little while to prepare. Also, I wanted my founders to be the offspring of original townies but slightly edited in CAS. Is that okay?

Well, the rules are not finalized. That's the bottom line. You cannot start your actual file for the real deal until I post the bonafide thread on Aug 31.

-------------

EDIT:

Here is where I am at now:

1) Have 1 Family 4x4 Collection. Each Heir in each world must contribute 4 objects that are either the product of a skill (books, plants, paintings, sculptures, photographs, etc) or some type of collectible (i.e. bugs, metals, etc). Each heirs' objects must be a different type than another heirs' objects in a given world. So, Heir #1 might contribute paintings, Heir #2 one type of collectible, Heir #3 sculptures, and Heir #4 a different type of collectible. You are allowed to repeat object types upon moving — i.e. paintings could be in worlds 1 and 2. So, the bottom line is you need one collection of 16 skill/collectible related objects in each world.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2013, 03:21:42 PM »
OK, I'm probably out on my own here but the collections are starting to sound too easy.  Compared with buying up the whole town or even just keeping going for 17 generations without succumbing to bugs, they're not much of a challenge.

Sorry.

(Runs and hides.)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2013, 03:33:15 PM »
Perhaps make them of a certain quality to add more challenge, so only brilliant or masterpiece, hit or best seller, rare or unusual, outstanding or perfect, photos over a certain value, that sort of thing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2013, 03:33:49 PM »
OK, I'm probably out on my own here but the collections are starting to sound too easy.  Compared with buying up the whole town or even just keeping going for 17 generations without succumbing to bugs, they're not much of a challenge.

Sorry.

(Runs and hides.)

How dare you! Lol. Just kidding. No, I get it. I do. The 4x4 collection is not too tough. But not every aspect of the challenge needs to be kick in the crotch. Remember -- it's all on medium setting. The speed of the event is what really sets this apart.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »
How dare you! Lol. Just kidding.
;D

No, I get it. I do. The 4x4 collection is not too tough. But not every aspect of the challenge needs to be kick in the crotch.
Yes, I know.  I'll probably get horrible bugs and bomb out really early  ::).  And I really don't want a kick in the crotch ;).

Remember -- it's all on medium setting. The speed of the event is what really sets this apart.
Actually, I'm looking forward to playing on medium for a change.  Yes, I'm probably slightly deranged...

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2013, 04:39:19 PM »
Metro, could you edit the ruleset just slightly, to indicate how much LTHP are required to get the large tombstone?

I know the Townie DecaDynasty is either medium or large, but that's at normal lifespan to make it somewhat easier (plus, until I looked it up again, I was thinking it was 175k LTHP lol).

Otherwise, I approve of mix 'n match collections (personally, I don't think the collections need to be of a particular quality, since we aren't worried about the value of the museums...right?). ;D

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2013, 05:03:10 PM »
Otherwise, I approve of mix 'n match collections (personally, I don't think the collections need to be of a particular quality, since we aren't worried about the value of the museums...right?). ;D

Oh I agree Shirin I was just throwing it out there as an idea because Hazelnut thought it was too easy, I've never played on medium lifespan I don't think, I used to think normal was too short till I started playing dynasties, now it just seems, well normal.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2013, 05:16:29 PM »

I would also like to ask a question, for clarification. Will the founders have to complete the requirements for bringing in an heir? I ask because 4 days seems like an awfully small amount of time to complete all of the requirements.

I'm so excited about this! This will be my first attempt at a dynasty.

Danielle, I'm pretty sure the founders are not required to do anything except have gen 1 and be extremely happy, as a grave is needed from one.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2013, 08:42:46 PM »
I read that  if LTH points are less than 75,000 the tombstone is small, 75,000-149,999 it is medium, and 150,000 or more it is large. Is this correct? I think it's doable for the heirs, but might be tight for the founders as they start as young adults. Can anyone who is doing a test run share how it's going with regards to tombstones?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »
I actually had that thought earlier, KRae. However, you can extend the lives of the former heirs (and, presumably, founders) once the new heir is born. So you can use ambrosia, young again potions, fountain of youth elixirs, genie long life, tattoos, stylist makeovers, and etc - and keep them living until they reach the target goal.

That was actually my plan ;D "New tattoos for everyone!"

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2013, 08:56:29 PM »
...You are allowed to repeat object types upon moving...

Just one minor clarification - allowed to repeat but not required to repeat - correct?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007