Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68005 times)

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2013, 11:59:34 AM »
Two questions concerning pets:

1. When creating your two YAs in CAS, are you allowed to create a pet as well?
2. When moving to a new world, are you allowed to take pets along?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »
My suggestion is to make the 2 starting couples in each world "founders", so the spouse of heir 4 / heir 8 / heir 12 can provide tombstones, of course they will be banned from wish enhancing serum if we classify them as founders.

What a fantastic idea.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »
I'm assuming that Unique Skill Challenges means unique claimed skill challenges. Is this wrong? I'm pretty much going to have to use all the skill challenges available to me except for guitar star and a couple of collecting challenges. There will likely be cross-over.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2013, 12:11:06 PM »
I also approve of Nutella's suggestion about the moving heir's spouse being classified as a founder.

However (you had to know this was coming!), if I prefer, can I extend the lives of the moving heir - pre-move - until their tombstone-eligible parent dies, and not use the founder's spouse as tombstone-eligible?

Instead of using #4's wife as a tombstone, can I extend the life of #8 until #7 dies, then move #8? Or is life extension not allowed until after the heir is born?

(I'm not opposed to either method, mind you, I like to explore all my options.)

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2013, 12:24:34 PM »
I love Nutella's suggestion... But I think it could be an either/or/both kind of option for whether we use the spouses of the moving heir or extend life waiting for the one in the previous town to die. Heir 8/12/16 would be life extension eligible anyway before the move, so they technically could wait around... But for storyline reasons, or the file getting buggy, a move sooner might be a better option, in which case the player might opt to use the spouse.

In any case, we'd be trying to make everyone as happy as possible, so it'd just offer a fallback if we fail to get a big tombstone from a target

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2013, 12:29:57 PM »
I'm assuming that Unique Skill Challenges means unique claimed skill challenges. Is this wrong? I'm pretty much going to have to use all the skill challenges available to me except for guitar star and a couple of collecting challenges. There will likely be cross-over.

Correct. If Heir #1 is claiming Widget Wonder as one of the 2 needed unique skill challenges necessary to move, then no other Heir can do that skill challenge at all. However, if no one is claiming Diabolical Detonator as one of their 2 needed skill challenges, then everyone can do it. Hehe. Explosions for the win!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
I guess consignment is my biggest concern, but I'll rework my plans and give it a go. I just bought LN and intend to install it and uninstall Seasons when I finish my immortal dynasty (gen 8 is a teen) so that should open up my options some. (edit) Okay, I've got it plotted out, and I'm good to go!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »
On the subject of collection values, I did quite a lot of testing before the DecaDynasty and have done a more little since then, although someone will have to help out with items from other EPs.

Definitely valuable enough
Photos: several thousand easily.
Gems: tiberium §30-40K.  Rainbow gems and pink diamonds a few thousand.
Inventions: masterful time machines are §2024 each.  I’ve forgotten what normal ones are worth but think they’re still >§1000
Paintings: several thousand.
Sculptures: probably even better
Career rewards: OK for private eyes.  Maybe combine other careers?  (Good luck, on this timespan!)
LTHP rewards.  (Are these allowed?)

Iffy
Deathfish in bowls:  worth about §1-2K (less than in inventory, for some reason).  An expert angler who really concentrated on deathfish might do better but it seems unlikely with the time restrictions in this dynasty.  Mounting them knocks the values down to §200 or so.  Edit: fish in bowls might be a problem unless they're placed just before moving to a new town!
Skill certificates (Renaissance Sim?): §1000
Gnomes (if allowed) §1000ish
Spirits:  §1000-1500
Metals: mummitomium around §1800; titanium §1000+.  I think all the others are less but I’m not sure.
Butterflies:  glowy, Cleopatra and rainbow all worth §1000+ but hard to find
Beetles: assassins around §800, rainbows (if you can find them!) §1000+.  With UL and plasma bugs, this moves into the ‘definitely OK’ category.
Space rocks: gigantic are §3000+ and could be worth a lot more when analysed – but unlikely without help from dogs, werewolves or aliens.  Someone with both challenges complete might be OK with smaller ones.  (I think my Immortal Dynasty founder was my last Awesomest Rock Collector, so this could well have changed in the meantime.)
Nectar:  high quality nectar when aged would definitely qualify but time’s short here.
Books: aren’t worth as much as you’d think, given the royalties.  Even masterpieces tend to be less than §1000.
Criminal career objects: possibly OK (if allowed) but getting through such a buggy career on medium might be tricky.
Relics: certainly valuable enough but travelling time is limited.
Stolen items.  (Again, are these allowed?)
Wedding presents (ditto) – depends on luck.

Only OK combined with something more expensive
Fireflies(?)  My Sims haven’t caught the very rare ones, so this could easily be wrong
Wildflowers – a few hundred.
All types of small pets: up to a few hundred
Plants are worthless.  Money bags up to about §800.  I think I’ve seen someone say that one of the coffee beans is worth a similar amount.  Books grown on omniplants can be worth a lot more, if they count.
Potions: worthless.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #278 on: August 28, 2013, 02:19:26 PM »
To add, Hazelnut, I've seen Supernovium ingots (the small, not the large) hit 6k simoleans - but that was only 1 or 2. I will see if I still have that file, and can screenshot it (I think it was my badly bugged IP Lifestates).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #279 on: August 28, 2013, 02:27:30 PM »
I think I had a sim get a plutonium ingot worth $8000.

Also, if you have a gem cutter and have completed the gem challenge, you can get the heart-shaped cut for free, which boosts the value of the gem.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #280 on: August 28, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »
To add, Hazelnut, I've seen Supernovium ingots (the small, not the large) hit 6k simoleans - but that was only 1 or 2. I will see if I still have that file, and can screenshot it (I think it was my badly bugged IP Lifestates).
Can you get supernovium without transmutation, though?  I thought that was banned here.

I think I had a sim get a plutonium ingot worth $8000.
Wow! Really?  I'ven ever seen one worth anything like that much.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #281 on: August 28, 2013, 03:08:12 PM »
I didn't think there was an official ruling either way on conversion rituals or transfiguration (if so, I missed it).

But I do know it wasn't obtained either way - my witch founder was hit with the slow skilling bug, and I was trying to max her LTW before messing with conversion rituals, and while they did have the display case, I didn't want to transfigure that, due to the value.

Her daughter was a normal non-occult.

And it bugged so I couldn't get past that generation.  :(

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #282 on: August 28, 2013, 03:29:25 PM »
I think a ban was at least suggested, quite a while ago.  Certainly, dogs, werewolves and consignment store purchases were banned.  I've not seen compendium or supernovium turn up any other way, but maybe it's changed on a patch.  My Sims haven't done much metal collecting recently and I never seem to remember that transfiguration's an option anyway :).

Do you remember how you found it?  Was it just lying around out in the world?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #283 on: August 28, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »
Sadly, I don't remember, which means I probably bought it from the consignment store.

Which leads to the next question: Is the consignment store still banned? I can say, with a great degree of certainty, that purchased collectibles do count in the journal towards challenges.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #284 on: August 28, 2013, 04:05:05 PM »
It's actually possible though very rare to get it from a failed stone sculpture, you are far more likely to get woohooium or a flourite than anything else but compendium and supernovium are also possible. Not really what I'd class as a reliable source.

anything